Epic Music Question

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I need everyone to put on their thinking caps and wizard robes because I have a music question. What is the music called when it's completely orchestrated and it has epic vocals in it, usually in Latin or some other form or non-english. Examples are One-Winged Angel, Dance of Curse Escaflowne, music from the new starwars movies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be honest, they all fall under the catagory of neo classical. being that they are modern pieces, written in a classical format.

as for the style of classical music they are written in, that's a little more difficult to define, as classical music (this is for the benefit of those who don't know, or who've never studied music) is actually split into time periods, rather than "styles".

for example, one winged angel uses an orchestral ensemble, which should place it directly in the classical period or later, but its written style us much older.

basically classical music evolved like this:
Medievil
Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic

as more instruments were added to an orchestra, the musical styles were able to change, and entirely new sounds were cultivated. so while a one winged angel would be placed in classical or later because of its woodwind instruments, the style is VERY baroque. Classical music focuses on homophony - a melody over an underlaying chord, with an emphasis on melody, legatto (notes strung together) and an overall softer sound. while Baroque uses mainly strings and is both very complex, and aggressive.

as for classifying the kind of music you're after? Neo classical with a choiral accompaniment maybe?

or simply: video game music. heh

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try E.S. Posthumous, I think at least a couple songs might be specifically what you're looking for, possibly more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-ray dog. You can't buy their music, because it's for production use only.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=93Bbkg0t-YA

at 1:09 the music starts. It's called Dethroned, by X-ray dog.

And that's my brother in the hat, and me in the ninja costume. guy playing guitar is Kyle, friend of ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom