enviromental weapons

Best answers
LOL that would be very funny if you could wack people with a limb.......but i must admit that would look really stupid about the cliff im not sure Half-life can do that? if im wrong please correct me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
primary click could be to swing it around.. right click would be to throw it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This would be fun, but this is the Quake 2 engine and this is Half-Life. This would be near, if not completely impossible.

BUT, on Half-Life 2 I could see this being done easily.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would require more model animations (and im betting since v1.2 the animators have had enough for a while), more models would need to be made, you couldn't use the env models as weapon models, etc... etc...

Best answers
too much for the good old half-life engine. way too much. then it is much like destructable terrain, and i guess we all know it is a sure dead horse.
but even if half-life can support this (and he cant) it will be sure doom for most computers, which will be very very very bad for the community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either way, I highly doubt the team will even consider this.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
This would be fun, but this is the Quake 2 engine and this is Half-Life. This would be near, if not completely impossible.

BUT, on Half-Life 2 I could see this being done easily.
I always thought Half-Life was a heavily modified Quake 1 engine. o_o

fortnox said:
im sure this has been uggested b4, but what about enviroemental weapons? so u can grab a tree and smack ppl with it, throw rocks, possibly even use the sides off cell arena's as javilins, and if ur strong enough throw a cliff, there could be all sorts of enviromental weapons and such, and they dont just have to be enviromental, you could hav a map with swords and sheilds, and possibly even use player's gibs as weapons (swing their bodys round and throw em, smack ppl with their skull, use their leg as a club, etc. etc.) perhaps on kamis lookout u could find the neyon pole (the one that grows) and stuff, think of all the possibilities. throwing rail way peices, throw cars, huge lorrys, trees, benches, etc. etc.
This can't be done without heavy ass coding, and animating. :S
About grabbing cliffs, mountains, and any other peice of terrain; This cannot be done on this engine, this technique is about 10,000,000 miles away from the Half-Life 1 engine. Half-Life 2 engine, it can possibly be done, but no one is for sure, except for the people at Valve. :scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should be the rocks on the ground and the trees.. not the cliffs.. like in cell games those things.. also if u blast someone holding eihter, that part can be destroyed

Best answers
Heh remember Frieza telekinesis on Namek? He does lift up whole cliff with his mind power:) it would be great if his telekinesis was made alike! but grabbing everything by everyone? it wouldn't be much of DB anyway only evil used tools, like Piccolo Daimao or Frieza used rocks on Goku, I never saw Goku nor Vegeta taking stick from the ground to fight with Cell;)

But something like "Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver" has would be great!
Just few melee wepons, like magical stick, or dabura's spear, mystic Sword, and you could take them from the map and use in advanced melee!!!!

It would be just like trunks sword, but it would need to be taken from the map, just like senzu's or DB's!!!! It would be better than just taking sticks and rocks;)

EDIT: maybe if you take a weapon from the map(each character would have different class of weapons) they just gain another attack in Advanced Melee! Like another special combo with using weapon maybe insta gib at 20%;)! Models would need new anims for it, soo there should be only one weapon or at least one type of weapon to one character!

Best answers
the thing with the GIB is crap cause than has trunks no unique...look hes the melee boss and when this weapons get that strong trunks is just crap...
i think you should only take Trees and Big Ston es which are special created for the map...when you hit someone with it(You can only throw it) he get 14 - 20 damage

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say its a good idea. my friend and i were discussing this earlier about this and the hl2 engine. i think it would be awsome to grab a tree and wack people.

Best answers
Hey it don't need insta gib, it was an example! But imagine Goku doing his special combo with magical stick, or Mystic Gohan using Mystic Sword(whatever his name was) it would be special combo but need to get a weapon from the map first! But why fight with whole tree? It would be too slow anyway!! Maybe frieza telekinesis, or like the one in Frieza Special Forces the little brat.... Guldo or something, he taken whole tree with his mind power and just trow it at opponents! Soo change Frieza new attack soo he can take big rocks and trees from the map and trow it at opponents:)!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was laughing my guts out when I saw this suggestion. This can work, in theory.

It will take up lag and stuff. *sidenote*I mean, the trees dont ever splinter when you destroy them, much less throw them into a player. The best thing that the ESF team could do was use alien blood for the pus inside the tree.*/sidenote* When you throw them, your takeing a enteny from its point of gestation, faceing it in a verry strange direction, and effectly throw it at a enemy. An other thing to note, those rocks and trees arent skined on the bottom, so the team will have to take time to re-make the rocks so that way the bottom inludes the roots and bottom of a rock, and re-make the map so it includes the hole left.

This doesnt mention a massive enty that has a verry poorly made clip box bieng hurled at you with no base on how it works.

If this idea can ever be emplimented without lag, it would be pretty neat.

Best answers
Welll picking up rocks could be handled just like friezas telekinisis attack. You wouldnt have the character actually ripping a chunk out of a map, but you could just have the rock entity appear out of nowhere as the char was doing a rock grabbing anim.

I wouldnt think the tree throwing would be too horrible to do..theyre already entities and you could use the same animation as the current melee throw.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol... wow...

All right, I guess I could come in here and clear some stuff up since there seems to be a lot of misinformation and confusion going around heh... Before 1.2 was released the team had frieza's telekinesis set up to pick up and throw map entities like Namek houses and trees, or so I have been told. The idea was dumped, assumably because:
A.) Those models don't come back, you eventually have a naked map.
B.) How do you not see a house flying at you?

For whatever the reason, the idea was dumped, and now they just use rocks.

Picking up a tree and swinging it? I'm not so sure about that. It sounds fun, but wouldn't that just make you a big target for people? Advanced melee wouldn't work unless you either dropped or broke the tree when it started. Besides, everyone would pick up the trees right away and then no more trees.

Best answers
YEA and u could smach a spike off cellarena and throw it to sum 1 face i give this ide 8 outta 10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't throwing other ppl enough? I think this idea is useless. Even if trees could respawn or something u probably will be 2 busy fighting or u will go to a tree than before u throw it u will get ur ass kicked.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
lol... wow...

All right, I guess I could come in here and clear some stuff up since there seems to be a lot of misinformation and confusion going around heh... Before 1.2 was released the team had frieza's telekinesis set up to pick up and throw map entities like Namek houses and trees, or so I have been told. The idea was dumped, assumably because:
A.) Those models don't come back, you eventually have a naked map.
B.) How do you not see a house flying at you?

For whatever the reason, the idea was dumped, and now they just use rocks.

Picking up a tree and swinging it? I'm not so sure about that. It sounds fun, but wouldn't that just make you a big target for people? Advanced melee wouldn't work unless you either dropped or broke the tree when it started. Besides, everyone would pick up the trees right away and then no more trees.
Actually it was postponed because we didn't have time to balance it and noone got me the treeparts and particle sprites for the explosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom