ENTITY sugestion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like to have an pl boost entity in it and i like to see the stars bug fixed.
to explane the pl boost entity:
you can chose how mutch pl you get or(when you put a - befor the number) you get less pl.
you can do the entity by creating an solit opject and put it in "tie to entity".
o, and it doesn't have to be used, just an addon to make it more fun.

post any entity you want in if you want one in :D
critz please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I give this 2 thumbs down. :no: :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does the entity remain passive in game or do you have to hit it/activate it like the health machines in Half-Life? Would the PL boost/loss be a variable that you could change through the ESF options, or something you set in VHE? Is it a set number (+2 million) or a multiplyer (x2)?

I can't think of any other entitys I'd like to include except a breakable that doesn't suck, but the engine won't support it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically a point-based entity that gives you the amount of PL the mapper sets when touched?
I don't like it, there isn't even anything in DBZ you can relate this to.
The team hasn't made any attempts to let you set your PL, and this is just a roundabout way of making it possible.

Best answers
kinda just another way of trying to make it so you can put something in your console to give yuo more pl except with this you have to touch something...but its orginal so it isnt all that bad 2/5

Best answers
DragonDude said:
So basically a point-based entity that gives you the amount of PL the mapper sets when touched?
The team hasn't made any attempts to let you set your PL, and this is just a roundabout way of making it possible.
u can attach it to gurus house or inside the time chamber for power

but i doubt anything related to PL increase at the touch of a button (excluding wishes) will be added.. their views seem pretty strict on that. (although i would love to see something with rejuv chambers and PL doubling when u go in with critical HP and come out at full..if u last that long be4 some1 kills you)

Best answers
So your saying that should make something to have Custom Power Level. Have not thought that go crazy around these things. Like what they set their PL to infinite then what happens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Niobe should reply to this topic :p

She hasn't actually said that it would work like the Health Machines in HL, constantly dispensing PL, it might work as a point based entity that just increases a players PL by a set amount when they join.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one thing, i'm a guy......no girl
let's say it this way:
you can make it by using the "black"texture so it's invissible, and this is how you get it on the properties:
-name
-target
-pl boost mp
-how mutch time
-delay befor trigger
-sound

flags:
-alway's open(when you made it on a vissable texture)
-start off
-stops when on trans level(try to think of a shorter way to explane this, cant think of one)
-blast when toutch(so it's like you get an big boost of power)
so is the teleport entity but that's in.

anything to make it better, i hope that you have an sugestion to ad in flags.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u have a girl name and a girl sig, so everyone thinks ur a girl =P

ontopic: this is a bad idea, ESF is based on fighting not on entity giving you pl, if u need pl go fight and not use some stupid object to get it, you say its fun, but believe me...whats so fun about it? you come in the game, use this entity to make u powerfull....this is just boring and it wont come in the game, i am sure of it, since they wouldnt put in any pl_cvar either so why should they do this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, it would make more sense to have an <a href="http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=47700">option to choose starting PL's</a>, as once a map is compiled it cannot be easily decompiled and recompiled, which means if you play a map that has this entity it can never be taken out or changed except by the maker. Ergo: It would ruin a lot of maps, and everyone who didn't want this feature wouldn't play them, even if they were potentially good maps.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there was an entity i wanted to have in ESF, it would be a modified func_ladder that makes you run around round objects, like king kai's planet.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but if the funtion is already used then there is no boost anymore, and there are esférs that just want to play it for fun and not online like playing on lan and explore the level.
i'm making somekind of temple with a lot of traps and this can be a verry good addon, for a verry secred place.
it can also be used in a "tree of might" level, who knows.
it's just an entity, you dont have to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom