Energy Jumping

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
slowed down??? what the heck? first you make a teleporting delay, and now your slowing down beam jumping. how the hell am i supposed to get away from a gigantic blast if i can't get away in time. if your going to slow down beam jumping them make the blast radius of all beams that much smaller so we dont get hit by it. this bothers me...
ha ha the funnest thing to do if a giant blast is coming at you is teleport through the head of the beam then swoop up and melee them while they are helplessly controling the beam. It takes a lot of good timeing but it's hella-fun

Best answers
you COULD just shoot a generic beam that can struggle with it to give it a delay and since it is struggling the user cannot detonate until contact therefor you have plenty of time to run away...

this of course excludes close range blasts which in that case well...ummm you have a new a$$

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of things are spammed in this game. Making it 100% unspammable is impossible. If BJ is getting slowed down then how about making the user unhittable, at least by melee since its already a hard to get a direct hit with a beam.

Best answers
The Taco Man said:
ha ha the funnest thing to do if a giant blast is coming at you is teleport through the head of the beam then swoop up and melee them while they are helplessly controling the beam. It takes a lot of good timeing but it's hella-fun
thats a fun thing to do :laff:

i agree beam jumping is abit spammable but like all things you have to find a way around it:

1. block and take less damage
2. stay away from anyone running on the ground with a huge beam ready to go

and beam jumping was also used when goku fell of snake way and tried to get back up again

Best answers
The only thing that bothers me is how much of a radius some more powerful blasts have. For example. an Evil Buu's mouthblast beam-jumping will kill everything around it - it's like a huge nuke. That's what bothers me.

Would being able to beam jump only with the generic beam be a bad idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the beams are not doing any more damage from the jump then if they were to score a direct hit on somebody, If someone is doing a BJ its basically time for anybody around to get out of the general vicinity. I use the KHH BJ to escape from people chasing me. The damage I score on them usually deters them from chasing me, so as far as I'm concerned its mission accomplished

Best answers
A SSJ Kamehameha beam jump has an EXTREMELY large radius - moreso than the BFG in Single-Player Quake II. Again, would a generic-beam-only beam jump be a bad idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No I don't think it would. I use the radius of the ssj KHH to kill my oponent if it was only generic beam it would do little to no damage defeating the purpose of the technique. Also people generally don't have generic beams charged and ready to fire and realise that they're gonna get flanked and decide to BJ outta there. They usually have a KHH or GG or other large beam ready, so preventing them from escaping with that beam would be annoying.

Best answers
and if you can't use khh then it goes against the show...

Best answers
true that...
and why is thisbeing debated? was there a poll to change the BJ? if the guy is BJing i just target another guy... sure it's annoying 1v1.. but they gotta fight back someday..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the first post. Shao doesn't like it and is entitled to his opinions. I for one hope they keep BJ as it is.

Best answers
Well...
I think that the BJ isn't that powerful...
If you see someone with a beam, dont just swoop to him like a naab >_<
If you swoop to someone who has a big Kamehameha in his hands... sure you'll die...
lol ! Yeah it's a way to go out of the fight to reload, and it's quite nice !
Why are you slowing it ?? It's kind a great move and, even if it's look impossible to counter, there are ways! try charging a beam and fire it on the guy who is beamjumping...
The beam can follow and destroy him, if you know how to aim.
Or if you are quite near of the guy charging the beam, try advanced or old melee >_< before he shoots.
But sure it's quite powerful...if someone is stupid enough to go into your beam...
Swooping to a guy charging something is not truly intelligent see >_<, exept if its before he can shoot !
(yeah and sorry for my bad english, i'm quite french you know >_< )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah exactly what he said. Its not impossible to avoid the damage. If the person sees you coming that they're gonna react. Try sneaking from behind. if that doesn't work trying shooting your own beam from far away is another obvious suggestion. If you're afraid of getting killed then just don't go near the person BJ-ing. The maps are huge surely you can find another person to kill and/or another place to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom