Effects of damage houses or holes blocks

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What about using surface decals and make the destruction apparent? Sort of like an illusion to the eye, that way it wont be too demanding and still offers eye candy, and if troublesome make them disappear after a certain limit has been reached or when a blast lands near its vicinity so u wouldnt notice ur effects left on the ground disappearing all of a sudden xD. Kind of like when in DBZ they get punched and then they slide on the ground and they leave skid marks where they slid, that could just be drawn and triggered when this sort of situation happens. Or if u get punched in a wall make it look as if it cracked. I personally really liked the effects in DBZ Raging Blast they were very effective and didnt seem all that demanding aside from the destructible environment. The best effect I thought was that when u punched someone from very high up into a certain point on the ground on some maps and the whole ground would just plummet about 10 feet (scalable?). Thought that was awesome :D

http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-sp...-goku-got-smashed-in-to-the-building#imagebox

That?

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Good enough. I just thought of something. What if u was to fly really high up and then straigh into the ground with turbo pressed or something at a steep angle, the character should sort of create a decal on the floor and land quite hard, and then get up like a badass u know. Ive noticed in the vids that when u fly towards the ground at an angle close to parallel to the ground u start runnin so everything flows smoothly, but if u flew at a more steeper angle it should create this crash effect I reckon.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you just start running ^^;

What you are suggesting is interesting, though if we decide to put it in it would have to wait till everything else is implemented. And i mean everything else.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I suppose theres no point in askin for a lil teaser on what "everything else" refers to? xD

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose theres no point in askin for a lil teaser on what "everything else" refers to? xD
If "Everything else" was in the game we would have released by now don you think ^^;

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
No no. I ment what else is there still to implement that is part of this "everythin else". Such as what features havent yet been implemented and if it is possible to spoil us a bit on that :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Does anybody remember the large boxes in Half Life 1? They were the large wooden ones that generally didnt have any thing in them.

There was a base model of the standard undamaged box. After a few whacks it changed models to it's second stage of destruction. After a few more hits it went to it's 3rd stage where it was nothing more than a jagged board sticking up off of a flat board on the ground that could be destroyed. During all of this it emitted sprites to make it look like there was some genuine destruction going on.

Why not create some buildings/mountains in this manner and with the awesome new particles the ESF team created hiding the models snapping from one to another it would look pretty convincing.

The building don't have to be completely destroyable and not all rocks and hillls should even be at all to maintain the strategic elements of the map.

The decals the ESF team has made for craters and explosions do an awesome job by themselves but it'd be nice to do something like this:
spoiler alert for the trunks movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFfWrvXq_s

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Those were not models. Those were part of the BSP file and were destructable entities.

Aside from the fact that we no longer use BSP files so all entities that are brush based can no longer function. That thing looks horrible on anything bigger than a box. Imagine half the building just disapearing like that with 4 or 5 stones falling to the ground.

Just to weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom