EEA vs EVM?

Best answers
Ive noticed that lots of people are comparing EEA to EVM. Well the EVM looks very promising more of a transformation mod than a gameplay addon.
EEA is changing some attacks and is also adding more transformations...BUT

EVM has even more transformations!!

I also noticed that EEA is changing attacks and things like this.
I say leave the gameplay changing to the ESF team in 1.2.
I know lots of people are torn between the two mods but In my opinion EVM will probobly be more popular due to that its sticking to ONE topic and Making it as perfect as possible...EEA is doing a number of things...and we all know that multi-tasking ends up with not the best results. My guess is that EEA will rush release once EVM comes out and they will end up killing themselves trying to compete:( Also there are very few pics of EEA around again giving them the disadvantage of poor advertising.

But again this is my opinion....which mod will be better??? Give me your guess.

Best answers
EVM = for people who like flashy stuff.
EEA = for people who like gameplay.
Simple as that.

Best answers
well im definitly a person who likes the flashy stuff...but still I think the actual gameplay should just be ESF team.

Best answers
Yes, I agree...But either way, EEA and EVM will improve ESF.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do sense this thread dying prematurely, just mentioning both mods in one thread raises its chances of being locked by a good percentage,

of course i am on the eea team so my pic is obvious, eea's emphasis isnt on graphics, graphicwise its the same esf your all used to, (after hearing so many people complain about how bad esf runs on your computer i think that his is a necessary roue to take)

and no offense to evms modellers, god knows they ARE trying at least, but its a good thing that the majority of the character is probabaly going to be hid behind a huge aura 80% of the time,

evms transformations do look cool, dont get me wrong, but they are about 10 times bigger than they should be, that and they are adding more crap to the game to unbalance it further than it already is,

eea has a cleaner more professional feel, evm is just too much "flash",

(i say this after even quitting eea for a short while and applying at evm, but i rejoined eea after i learned more about what they were doing to the game)

Best answers
Hmm, I didnt bring it up. Simply commented on it..But yea, like I said. EEA to be will be more professional (I said that in another thread) and EVM will be more "Flashy" as nuttzy would call it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont rely on eea rushing release, heh, (i just read that part of the post) we were at a position around november of last year where we couldve released it, in that regard you could say it is em rushing to catch up with us, we decidied to wait until we had all the models complete, (im beginning to regret that decision as well, cuz the modellers besides me have somehow forgot how thier milkshape works, or so it seems) but i myself am taking advantage of thier laziness and im remaking some of the models i wasnt satisfied with, the super buu you see in my sig is one of those new models

next is probabaly the trunks, then im technically done again, we have a few people looking in to joing to fill in the gap of models that the 2 lazy ass team members are forgetting to fill, (to those 2 members i know it sounds like im being mean, but it seems that is the only time you act busy is when another team member is reminding you of it)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure EVM and EEA will both turn out great, but this will turn into a flamewar, somebody please close it.

Best answers
EVM and EEA will both be nice. For those who like flashy fx evm will be nicer, for those that want gameplay (What I like to know is how is eea going to improve the gameplay of esf????) EEA will be better. Myself, I think both are really nice, and I'll prolly install both of them. Both teams have worked very hard to make such mods and I think we should give credit to them instead of comparing the two to see which is better and wich worser.

btw. Nutzy, are you guys going to make the models cell shaded?? (yeah i know, stupid stupid question, but i would like to know :) )

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, we are not, that would look crappin with the HL engine, you cant cellshade without coding it in, and though code is involved with eea i dont think we can alter that part of teh game,

Best answers
just to say something,

@All please dont begin this "war" again, I dont want any EVM vs EEA.

Best answers
i got just 1 thing that is not deferent in EVM and EEA
that thet both say that it will be relase very soon but for them very soon is an year.

Best answers
Yea, Both will be great.
*Off Subject* I downloaded Milkshape and tried to mess arround and it was like german to me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woker you say that, yet you do nothing to speed up the release of either, so shut up if your not onna do sumthin about it,

when I said that eea was to be released soon, things were moving along very smoothly, and if it kept going at that rate it would have been done by now, needless to say it has slowed down since then,

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, some people in our team thought we where dead >_> And another wasn't able to use his computer, we are doing all we can, (nutzy and element :p) to speed some things up, and get back on schedual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol yeh, these kinda threads always introduce a flame war lol, but come on kids.....lets not fight eh? :p hehe. Both proects are good, and are that way because of each members respectful skills. The modelling, the sprite making, the sounds, the skinning, no-one actually ever congratulates the team and its members, but either says it sux or rocks. So come on people!!!! Thank both projects for opening up ESF, and for bringing what most of the ESF fans wanted but couldn't create into this awesome game!!!! :yes: (man do i sound like a suck up and a news reporter or what ;D)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think EEA would be a better choice instead of Evm, really, Evm had alot of ripping issues i seen. Even the vegeta on that sig is not even his, but my choice has to be EEA. Don't Flame me.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just wanna stick my head in. This thread just made my "watch" list, so keep it mature. I don't wanna own the lot of ya. You can discuss both mods as long as it's kept clean.

-Karrde-

Best answers
From what I hear, EVM comes out very soon....Most likely everyone will download it to try it out.

Best answers
well a pro of eea is u can create ur own server other then needing the server to be dedicated and on linux

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom