Easter Eggs Are Fun!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I got bored earlier and decided to play some Hitman: Blood Money. After achieving my usual streak of Silent Assassin ratings, I noticed that funny ad in the newpaper (which is supposed to show your stats in a cool way).

I love it when developers put stuff like that in. It keeps you entertained forever. By the way, it's only funny if you know the history of Eidos. Their only huge game franchises have been Tomb Raider and Hitman.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, well, all of those pretty much suck in my opinion.

Edit: And wait, they actually made a second Deus Ex game? The first one wasn't bad enough?
The first Deus Ex was a marvelous game.

Wikipedia said:
Deus Ex has earned a number of awards and many nominations, including over a dozen Game of the Year and/or best in its class awards.[33] This includes ones from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts,[3] IGN,[34] GameSpy,[35] PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World, and The Adrenaline Vault, among many others. Deus Ex was also awarded "Excellence in Game Design", and "Game Innovation Spotlight" at the 2000 Game Developers Choice Awards[4] and won in the "Computer Innovation" and "Computer Action/Adventure" categories at the Interactive Achievement Awards.[36][37] It has additionally received many Best Story accolades,[38] including first prize in the 2006 Gamasutra "Quantum Leap" awards for storytelling in a video game.[39]

Deus Ex has appeared in a number of Greatest games of all times lists and hall of fame features, placing in the top thirty for most, and in the top ten for many. This includes numerous IGN 100 Greatest Games of All Time lists,[40][41] GameSpy's Top 50 Games of All Time,[42] 25 Most Memorable Games of the Past 5 Years,[43] and Hall of Fame,[44] numerous PC Gamer Top 50 PC Games lists,[45] Yahoo! UK Video Games' 100 Greatest Computer Games of All Time,[46] GameFAQs' Top 100 Games of All Time,[47] IGN's Top 100 games,[48] and in the Top 5 Shooters list at Flicker Gaming.[49]

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone play Doom 2 where the producer's head is floating in a secret chamber?

Personally I love easter eggs in anything (games, TV, chocolate) from Max Payne's piano skills to Intel's evil bombs in Gundam Wing.

Best answers
HAHAHA! I remember playing Morrowind GOTY and found tons of Eastern Eggs such as secret armor, overpowered weapon which was easy to get, etc. Ehh, good ol' Morrowind :D

Best answers
I'm happy for you. I still think it sucks balls.
You must have very specific tastes, because while the Hitman series was good, it wasnt exactly anything to write home about.

Perhaps you'd like the other games if they were called "Final Fantasy:Hitman" or "Hitman Thief"

Anyway, back on topic, more developers should include easter eggs, or just rewards for certain achievements that would make games just that little bit more immersive (like after clearing the tanker mission in GTA:SA and hearing about it on the radio)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom