Earth's Special Forces :: RPG Plugin (interested?)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm rather curious if there are people out there who are interested in making one. For those who know Sven Co-op, and Zombie Panic. They both already have one, even though the Zombie Panic one is based of the Sven Co-op RPG plugin. Any plugin makers out there interested in creating one?

Honestly, I was thinking of gaining actually levels by killing people.. Each kill would be "xxx of experience", and when you reach 100%. You'll level up. Which you can use to a skill, for example:

- Struggle Defense "Increase your PL by 10% of your max while blocking in a power struggle"

Something like that.

OR I was thinking of a class RPG system as well.. Like, when you level up with goku, you can choose for example:

- 5x Kaioken (1/5) "Increases your max powerlevel with 15% for 10 seconds"
- 6x Kaioken (2/5) "Increases your max powerlevel with 18% for 13 seconds"
- 8x Kaioken (3/5) "Increases your max powerlevel with 20% for 15 seconds"

The 1/5, 2/5 is the level. So, level 1 of 5, level 2 of 5. Etc. Each level increases the X Kaioken, and the & + seconds.

So each class would have its own choices. It wouldn't be something like EVM, because in this one you can choose your own skills.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm rather curious if there are people out there who are interested in making one. For those who know Sven Co-op, and Zombie Panic. They both already have one, even though the Zombie Panic one is based of the Sven Co-op RPG plugin. Any plugin makers out there interested in creating one?
I thought the forum had a no hiring people policy?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Plus, I'm not really "hiring". I'm asking who are interested in such plugin :). Don't try to be a smart ass Grega ;).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Plus, You should never say such things about new oppourtunies to help the communtiy grow grega.
even if it's against the "forum policies"

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is kind of like an RPG already in that you gain power as you go along. Can you maybe go into a bit more detail as to what the plugin would do?

edit: Lol, let's not beat up on Grega. He is right in the end

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like he wants to implement a sort of storymode using ESF, where the character fights his way through levels like in HL (thankfully the HL engine is perfect for this).

It'd take some really damned awesome mapping though, You'd have to keep the maps somewhat enclosed and be able to funnel the players into the stage exits without it looking like City of Heroes travel. I'd be interested in seeing it. I'd especially be interested in playing against weak bots like in HL which you can mow down. I think it would make ESF the very best it could be. Bosses could be regular ESF bots, while you face weaker elites and creatures and stuff on the way. I'd love it personally :) You could probably do the whole DBZ series that way!!! You'd have to control power levels though, like making Goku's maximum power level in Frieza saga just below the required PL for super saiyan so you can control when it happens. With some cinematic triggers for these things, it would truly make an amazing mod :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AS i see he just wants something lie the PL saver pluggin. Only with a few modifications to the PL and transformation system.

Best answers
i think this would be a great idea as j-dude explained it , hope it gets started

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
AS i see he just wants something lie the PL saver pluggin. Only with a few modifications to the PL and transformation system.
Honestly, I was thinking of gaining actually levels by killing people.. Each kill would be "xxx of experience", and when you reach 100%. You'll level up. Which you can use to a skill, for example:

- Struggle Defense "Increase your PL by 10% of your max while blocking in a power struggle"

Something like that.

OR I was thinking of a class RPG system as well.. Like, when you level up with goku, you can choose for example:

The 1/5, 2/5 is the level. So, level 1 of 5, level 2 of 5. Etc. Each level increases the X Kaioken, and the & + seconds.

So each class would have its own choices. It wouldn't be something like EVM, because in this one you can choose your own skills.

Best answers
interesting this way we wouldnt start with skills and we had to learn them ourselves

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It might sound interesting and all, but that won't get us very far, will it? I believe ESF has been around for a very long time, and is still active. And I am sure, that such RPG plugin will make people have more interests in joining the servers and playing ESF more often.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This ide sounds better. But how will stats be saved?

Or will tehy be reset.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This ide sounds better. But how will stats be saved?

Or will tehy be reset.
Within vault.ini. Or, through SQL which is better.

"/amxmodx/data/vault.ini"

The current Sven Co-op RPG Plugin handles all the stats / levels of players in vault.ini.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Within vault.ini. Or, through SQL which is better.

"/amxmodx/data/vault.ini"

The current Sven Co-op RPG Plugin handles all the stats / levels of players in vault.ini.
Well as long as the admin isnt a ***** and haxors the stats all the time im cool with it :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well as long as the admin isnt a ***** and haxors the stats all the time im cool with it :)
That's why I suggest IF the plugin gets made, it should be exclusive for now.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i'd make this but i have no idea what its about.
if someone would like to explain what to include and what to feature, ill think about actually making it. =)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i'd make this but i have no idea what its about.
if someone would like to explain what to include and what to feature, ill think about actually making it. =)

Something like that.

Does this helps? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom