Dust Trails...

Best answers
Hello everyone. I have a question about the dust trails that used to be in esf. I know that a while back the dust trails used to slow servers and other peoples computers down. None the less whenever people boosted at others during battle and seeing the trails was freaken sweet. I was wondering if in the next installment of ESF if there is a possibility that you'll be bringing that effect back into the gameplay. If so, will there be an option to turn on or off the option of having the trails if peoples computers cant handle it. Just a question I had though. Thanks for your time for reading this. ^.^ :yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
saiyan_warriors said:
Hello everyone. I have a question about the dust trails that used to be in esf. I know that a while back the dust trails used to slow servers and other peoples computers down. None the less whenever people boosted at others during battle and seeing the trails was freaken sweet. I was wondering if in the next installment of ESF if there is a possibility that you'll be bringing that effect back into the gameplay. If so, will there be an option to turn on or off the option of having the trails if peoples computers cant handle it. Just a question I had though. Thanks for your time for reading this. ^.^ :yes:
There was an option to turn them on in 1.1 to.

Maby if they start off by default.

Anyhow im not for this idea nor am i against it. So im keeping it neutral :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they got pulled because of some problem with the code? Joe, Hars?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even on my current pc dusttrails destroy my fps.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do think they should be back in, they looked awesome. But they should be off by default, just like the 3d rocks for powering up. And when you are lets say SSJ3, the dust trails should start further back from where you fly, so it looks like you are faster than the speed of sound \o/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree wholeheartedly. Dust trails looked mad awesome. I don't recall ever having serious FPS lag with them, so I'd love to see them back in the game as a cvar, that's off by default. <3

The team must surely still have the code for it, I doubt it'd be very hard to re-implement. ;o~

Best answers
Well, Im glad that most of you agree with my idea... I hope that this is considered in the next release... it really did look sweet. Thanks again guys!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....everyone had an fps drop. If you don't believe me, swoop near the ground or any flat surface. If your fps doesn't drop, you're in the minority.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine did drop, but it never really made a difference, only til about 40fps or maybe 30, which is still playable for me, so I think this would be a shweet idea.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Playable doesn't mean you can beat the crap out of everyone on the server <_<. If they add the swoop trail from one of those esf-world servers, that'd be pretty cool. The dusttrails from 1.1 are a big no no though o_O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's a CVAR that's off by default, there won't be a problem, will there?

If 1.3 really is going to be the last version, adding trails will be great eye candy.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I Really hate that sound(the only reason taht i don't use em )

Best answers
Even if fps does drop I think it would be a great addition to esf... or readdition. They can make it so you can enable or disable the trails... thanks once again though for your input on the matter. We'll see what happens when it is released. Bottom line is I know the next installment will be extremely enjoyable.

Force Pit Member
Best answers

Those are the kinds of swoop trails esf should add ;p (if turbo is on for example)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES!!!! I have made a suggestion about that before, that's exactly what I want, that is perfect, I couldn't find an image to explain it, well there is a server with a plugin for that, BUT that's not as clear and big as what I want, it's a small transparent laser thingy following the character which is cool, but if it was like that it would be super duper awesomeness! And dustrails would be nice, but don't forget about it over water too, tht also looked sick.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was an Plugin i think where made Dusttrails when you swooped over the Floor or Water.
But it wasnt so good cause it just used the PowerupMsg making also the rocks fly up, but it was an good start in that direction.
I think you can find the plugin in the Misc. Section of this Forum here.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea. In the Miscellaneous section is a sticky thread called ESF Plugin's / Mini-Mods. It has loads of plugins for your server, but as you already may knew. AMXX is required to be able to run and use the plugins. And this is what you are looking for i bet.

Best answers
I think dust and flight trails would be awesome and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't have 'em.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Yea. In the Miscellaneous section is a sticky thread called ESF Plugin's / Mini-Mods. It has loads of plugins for your server, but as you already may knew. AMXX is required to be able to run and use the plugins. And this is what you are looking for i bet.
Those are swoop trails, not dust trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom