Drinking And Driving

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It makes me think, too. It makes me think about how insanely stupid some people are when they decide to go out boozing.

She may have survived, but two of her friends died. If the driver who caused that mess didn't go with them, he'll have to live with what he did for the rest of his life.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A guy on my street was just in a really bad car accedent while running from the police because he was drinking and driving last week. He ran a stop sign when the police started to follow them. The passenger in the car was killed when they hit the telephone poll. Now I feel sorry for the passenger getting killed but I do think the driver deserved all the pain he has now with a chance to not walk again.

The sentence for drinking and driving is not hard enough... 2 years for killing 2 people? How is that justice. If someone is killed as a result of drinking and driving the person resonsible should get a minimum of life in prison.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a hard argument. After all, it's accidental, however absolutely stupid and irresponsible these people are. Having a huge penalty might make -some- people a little bit more cautious but... well, then again, you could make the penalty for shoplifting be "death." But is that the right thing to do?

As for what happened here... wow. Really tragic stuff. I commend her for not jumping off a bridge the second she saw herself in a mirror, that must've been a -huge- shock. When I saw the video I actually questioned if it was real; I didn't know a person could be so mutilated.

Hopefully her message will change some people's minds, and what happened, at least, served some purpose to better the world...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
choosing to drink drive is choosing to put peoples lives in danger. its nothing less than murder >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're basically waving around a three-ton metal weapon in your hands, very true. But there are too many arguments both ways, although I guess I agree with you for the most part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh theres arguable points both ways. but considder this.

you KNOW that that extra pint means you shouldnt drive home, yet you drink it anyway. your choice.

you KNOW that your judgement and reactions are dulled due to the alcohol in your system, making you less likely to avoid accidents or perceve things as dangerous, yet you choost to get into your car.

thats twice you could have stopped an accident. but since you got into your car, your reactions are slowed, you had to swerve to avoid a car not because of their driving, but because you were edging onto the wrong side of the road.
that swerve took you onto the pavement and caused you to slam someone into a wall..

all that could have been avoided by 1 simple choice not to drink more, and then by a further second choice not to drive...

if you can afford 1 more beer, you can afford a cab home >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have always said "I will never drink"

I said this to prevent such things to occur, so it would never be my fault.

People always say "That's what everyone says"

:) And it's just more motivation for me not to drink.

I feel bad for that girl. I feel bad for anyone who is wounded or killed by drunk drivers. I feel bad for the drunk drivers, that have to live with that pain and suffering.

Best answers
gir said:
if you can afford 1 more beer, you can afford a cab home >_>
Couldn't have said it better myself. From what I read, the driver of the opposite car was the drunk, not her friends. So, in that case, it's sad, **** like that shouldn't happen. In my opinion, driving drunk is no different from murder, if a death is involved. The drunk murdered two of her friends, and destroyed her face, looks, and most likely personal life. The saddest part is that he only got 7 years. DUI should be murder in the 2nd degree (can't be the 1st unless it was planned), and he should have gotten life.

Best answers
Well, I think if you kill someone, whether it be the result of drink driving or what-not, the eye for an eye theory should come into play, you take a life, you give your own; in prison. You kill more than 1, you have your balls cut off via a rusty haxsaw and you be released into the world without medical treatment where if you don't die of blood loss or something related, you will kill yourself.

Nuff said.

Best answers
Someone in my town recently was died in an accident, he was my age, I didn't know him. Smashed into a semi, killed instantly. I was told alchohol was involved, there were beer bottles in his car, and stuff like that. If that's the case, I wouldn't go as far as saying he deserved it, but he had it coming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, where i lived, its totally different, ALL drivers are persecuted here, cos dumbass kids decide NOT to cross roads on safety bridges or underpasses that are "zomg its 2 minutes away i cant be bothered". so they cross the grid roads, which are 60mph roads... and people then say the drivers are the ones at fault when a kid gets killed.

no, no way in hell. i dont drive a lot, but i have to say, if a kid is dumb enough not to use a safety bridge or underpass (and theres plenty of them) then they deserve it for being stupid.

so right now, all the speed limits are being reduced, people are being arrested left right and center.

and the guy who ran over the kid, has to suffer the mental anguish of what he did, being blamed by parents for being a bad driver, AND having to go to jail for dangerous driving, losing his car, probably his job too.

and yet a drunk driver who "accidentally" drove up onto the pavement and mowed down 4 people gets the same punishment >_>

HOW IS THAT FAIR?!

Best answers
didnt have a chance to read every post but iw oudl like to state on the drunk person behalf that the passengers make their own choice to go witht he drunk driver or not, so i mean dont get all on the driver.....dont get me wron git is stupid and irresponsible in fact my friend lost his license and has to retake the course all over from drinking and driving.....he was just lucky....

Best answers
nope... its not :/

even though i drink alot i will never drive with a drunk person... i just know i wouldn't... ^_^ its like when i at EVERY party am asked if i want to smoke i always says no... people says i'm a pussy but i just say that smoking is a weakness... :) and they shut up :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yah its the passengers choice to get in the car with a drunk driver. but is it an innocent bystanders choice to get run over by him?

maybe you should have read every post >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think.... That not we all can be hitted with it!

Noone wóuld listen to it! Only ppl would apologize and fell sry... but its not the point wich they want to hit! They want that more ppl keep have a good mind when they do something what can damge someone else! But no one will get this point! Do u know why? because everybody thinks about his own! And not about someone else... its the truth! Do u everytime done something only for one ppl? NevaH! I think... they done it bad! its just crap! Noone will change his life of this ****ed up aint funny video! Only if ppl get the same... then they will change their lifes!

Best answers
although i totally agree with all of you that it is totally stupid to drunk or drive, I also do agree that it is stupid as hell to get in a car with someone who is drunk and going to drive. But do not forget that accidents easily happen and people getting killed in a car accident is also not that rare, and although drinking increases your chances for an accident, chances sky-rocket, there is always a risk when driving. And so what would you do if due to some other stupid thing, putting in a new cd in a carstereo, people get killed, should they get the same punishment because they also knew that they couldn't react as fast having a cd in their hands, being busy with something else etc. The world isn't so black and white, drinking and driving is one of the stupidest things you can do, but driving is always dangerous to some degree and not putting 100% of your attention on driving increases your chances of an accident (not that i never change my cd or anything it is just an example).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I have always said "I will never drink"

I said this to prevent such things to occur, so it would never be my fault.

People always say "That's what everyone says"

:) And it's just more motivation for me not to drink.

I feel bad for that girl. I feel bad for anyone who is wounded or killed by drunk drivers. I feel bad for the drunk drivers, that have to live with that pain and suffering.
I'm nearly 23 years old. I have never drank, not even one beer. So you can tell them to stick that in their brewery and brew it.

The last six people in my family to die, died of drunk driving accidents--while on FOOT, no less.

I have little sympathy for people who are so presumptuous to think that they are immune to alcohol's ability to incapacitate. "Oh I'm fine." What I say? At least have the ****ing dignity to get in your own car and wrap your own sorry co-dependent ass around a tree and let everyone else do the right thing.

People are too damn ignorant.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suck's that the crash wasn't actually taped for us too see what happend. I had my sound off and I skipped through and DAMN. When I saw the picture I thought she died I'm like that's hella sad man. That really sucks for her. Did she drink and drive? That really is sad, she should get some surgery for it and hopefully it will fix most of her face up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom