Drinking And Driving

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dream it always helps to actually read content that is presented at the start of the thread...

I've always been against drinking... that's just the way I am. Drinking and driving seems to happen way too often, although just every once in a while would be bad enough. Personally I think anyone who intentionally and willingly gets themself buzzed or worse should be held completely accountable for their actions. If you didn't come with a plan to protect yourself and others before you started, you were just playing russian roulette with people who have no involvement in your life. That kind of crap leads to something like 80% of spousal and child abuse too. Maybe if you just ended up on the road because your friend broke his promise to stay sober you should be a little less accountable, but you can always find another way. Hell you can even catch a bus, imagine that.

The thing about drunk drivers that bothers me more than anything else is that they almost always tend to live while everyone else involved tends to die. The alcohol loosens you up so you aren't so tense, and you can roll with the flow when your car is being totaled. Others don't have your ****ty defensive advantage, so they get torn apart, and you end up in jail for a couple of years so you can get out in time to get drunk and hit some still-mourning family members.

It isn't the car that is the weapon, it's your chemistry. Alcohol screws you up, and everyone who drinks to get drunk is well aware of this. It's your personal choice (unless your drink is spiked) to get messed up and let your lower brain functions take over, so at the least I'd want those guys charged with second degree murder (crime of passion) for going out and killing someone just on spur of the moment.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the car can be a weapon. If you plan to kill somebody with it then it is. For example someone planned to run over someone. Then the car CAN be a weapon. But I agree with sonic, Alcahol does **** you up. It seem's Alcahol is the most dangerous weapon on earth excluding guns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a little off topic. but a sword has a more damaging profile than a bullet.

as i said before. if you can afford another drink, you can afford a cab home. if ur going to a party, either stay the night, or get a cab home and pick ur car up in the morning. drinking is ur own choice. but killing someone over it is just stupid and inexcusable.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you drink, you drive, you spill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom