Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

Best answers
ahahaha id just ask my pparents for my b-day and im 15 so i wont have to wast **** of my money

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like this might actually turn out to be a good DBZ game.

And I don't mind waiting so long. I'm in Europe so I have to wait even longer for games to reach me, but then again, we occaisionally get more features, like the European Extreme mode for one of the Metal Gear games..

I'd rather have them spend more time on it to make it farking awesome, rather than to have them rush it and mess things up, as most PS2 games have been.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, the Budokai games were unfinished and rushed out. Zarbon, Dodoria, #19, Bulma, Cui and Shen were all supposed to go in B2/B3, their sounds are on the disc, but for some reason they weren't put in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I was talking about most PS2 games in general, not just the Budokai/DBZ games.

Some examples I can think of: Mercenaries: Playground of Destructin, GTA: San Andreas, then there's the Budokai games too, and a few others of which I can't remember the name. I like PS2, but I hate how they rush things so often.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
She's in the Japanese version as an alternate costume for Videl.

Cui...hmm...he had almost as active a role as Dodoria. Budokai games are notorious for making up attacks, they probably would've done the same for him.

And Shen isn't a Dragon, he's the Crane Hermit that trained Tien and Chiaotzu.

DMW

Best answers
Shen?? hmmm doesnt ring a bell,wish dbz was on tv instead of gt but anyway,this game looks nice,i like the evironment and characters,they did good with the underwater fighting as well.I hope that the computers doesnt abuse any feature all the time like janemba was on goku,with the power hits,but the guys using him sucked so he didnt no how to dodge or anything.I am really looking forward to this game,i still play B3,i had that for a while,it will take me a long time to get tired of b3.Also i didnt read this thread,(i mean every entry)so sry if this is mentioned,but dbztb got 3rd place for one of the best looking fighting games with gamespot.I read that on a site somewhere.I think it was www.dranet.com the only games that beat it was marvel nemises,and forgot the other one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think Shen was in Z, only DB.

DMW said:
dbztb got 3rd place for one of the best looking fighting games with gamespot
That's great news, usually DBZ games don't get a lookin against things like Tekken, Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive :yes::yes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
tekken 6. ps3. teh roxor your boxors!

lol, i want to play tenkaichi!

i hate it when the comp abuses crap...
like in budokai 3, where the go into hyper mode every chance they get, its so lame,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that too at first, but now i've turned it to my advantage. Just make sure you have half a bar more ki than them and then go Hyper yourself. If you stay away from them (swoop backwards and sidestep) until their ki runs out, then get close and while they're exhausted/panting do your Ultimate o/

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yea, but still, if you have the difficulty high enough they randomly evade it immediately while stunned...

i've had them teleport behind me after getting knocked out of hyper (you just ran out of ki from hyper mode, and yet manage to teleport behind me?) as i did my ultimate to them...

and budokai 3 is damn buggy, you can block and not die, its basicly like having full health. you dont die from teleport counters, with no hp left... you dont die if you block a dragon rush, you dont die if your thrown into a mountain...

its so annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a good reason for that, if you block a dragonrush it has the animation of you countering/blocking/dodging the attack. If you get thrown into a mountain you fly back to the fight. It would look stupid if you countered/blocked/dodged/flew back then just collapsed :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I thought that too at first, but now i've turned it to my advantage. Just make sure you have half a bar more ki than them and then go Hyper yourself. If you stay away from them (swoop backwards and sidestep) until their ki runs out, then get close and while they're exhausted/panting do your Ultimate o/
i know theres a reason for it but they could just make it ko instead. i think it would look rather cool just getting thrown into a mountain... and staying there because you died.

they are smart, they can code it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess you're right. The computer teleporting when exhausted is just stupid. You need 2 bars of ki to teleport and the whole point of exhaustion is that you have none :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's so you can choose whether to be constantly facing and fighting the enemy or if you want to fly around freestyle o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The First thing im going to do when i have this Game is, FreeStyle around a Map and play Hide and seek with an Enemy =O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
The First thing im going to do when i have this Game is, FreeStyle around a Map and play Hide and seek with an Enemy =O.
Me too. I'll definately want to check out the freedom and destructable terrain in Training. :3 Oh man, this game is starting to look more and more appealing. I played Budokai 3 again yesterday, and when I suddenly thought about Tenkaichi Budokai, it made me realize just how limited B3 actually is. Plus, TB's graphics look even better, and I thought B3's were pretty slick for a PS2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also i hope that Searching the Dragonballs in these Maps is now kinda funnier then just fyling over the Mpa and wait for the "???" Shwo up like in B3. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom