Dragonball ONLINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
amazing indeed. Can't wait to see more about this! :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sweet! But I bet this game with be p2p, heh. That is something I would be disappointed in. I'd love to play this game though to see how it is for real. Pictures / Images doesn't say how good the game is.

Best answers
This.. looks... awful. A DBZ MMO would never, ever work. I don't care if Christ himself came back specifically to work on a DBZ MMO, it would still suck balls. The universe is totally not suitable for an MMO, not with games current technology.
The only way I could see this even remotely working is if they made it in some sort of alternate DBZ universe where Saiyans aren't gods. The world itself would have to be about the size of a solar system, and WoW's Azeroth would be a single planet you could fly through and move on to a different planet.
Even with those two unlikely criteria met, there is absolutly no way you could balance classes and races. Let's say, for example, you want to play as a Krillin like charecter. Fine, ok, you can do that. But, your power level (in the standard DBZ universe) will never, ever, even come close to that of a Namekian, let alone a Saiyan. The only way they could balance that is to further twist the DBZ plot and universe and put all races on a semi-equal playing field. Even if they allow you to create your own unique charecter, the army of DBZ fans will only choose the original names, one glance through the forum users, and you'd agree. You'd have a thousand Gokus, hundreds of Vegetas running around, and fourty-thousand SSJx(Insert witty name here). It would just be retarded.

I'm sorry, but this game has to pull off more than one miracle to be even a semi-enjoyable experiance.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would there be millions of Goku's? In CoH, if you use either the name or the likeness of an existing character (Wolverine, Superman, Hulk, etc), they change your name to "Generic[Number]" and delete your character (or, if the GM is nice, he'll give you a free costume token, allowing you to go to a tailor and change your costume).

There's no reason why these guys couldn't do the same. Someone uses the name Goku? Change his name. Someone looks like Piccolo? Delete his character. Eventually, people will learn that being creative is much more rewarding than trying to rip off existing characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they should have done this as a pre-dragonball time, where saiyans were sent to other planets to concur them. you would have to be a saiyan and would train and go to other planets to defeat them. or you could be one of frieza's henchmen and help them out

Best answers
what would be different about this from say a byond dbz game, you dont have a million gokus running around on their, you've got nameks, humans, ninjas, changlings, tuffles, etc and they're not all named goku and vegeta and trunks, they use original names like Gohtunks (that was mine) or just even John.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you've got to do is make certain character feature combinations illegal. Just keep hair that looks exactly like one of the main character's off the list. And yeah, make it so that you can't name your character the same as an existing npc, or at least contain the name inside your username, so there ARE not GokuSSJ101's or Super_Vegeta666.

That solves it pretty easily actually. But like I said before, they HAVE to even the playing ground between races. What they need to do is give each race an advantage and disadvantage great enough to keep them all on par. For instance, Saiyans may have a quicker experience earning rate and therefore get stronger faster, but as a con they have less starting health than any character. Humans would likely be the only balanced character with the sacrifice of overall strength, while Namekians have an exceptional initial strength, but gain experience slower.

Hell, it's like any MMO. In Guild Wars you see everyone and their mother playing the warrior class, at least the first time through the game. But once the player realizes the weaknesses of his class, the more gameplay oriented players will gravitate towards the other classes to find one that suits their style.

I mean, in Guild Wars, who wants to be a ranger, or a healer? Rangers attacks were weak, and healers were best suited for large teams and remaining in the back of the battles. You'd think nobody would want to be anywhere but on the frontlines for death and glory, but you were surprised with just how many players DO pick the less flashy classes.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As we hinted at yesterday, in the latest issue of Vjump it was officially announced that a new Dragonball video game is currently in production! Known currently as "Dragonball Online", the game will be a MMORPG released on the PC in 2007/2008. Complete with character designs by Akira Toriyama, it's being developed not in Japan, but (under license) in Korea! Currently planned to release in both countries. I've scanned in the full article from Vjump, which can be seen below:

According to the article, the game takes place apprx. 200 years after the end of Dragonball Z (year 1000 in the DBZ Universe // with year 784 being the end DBZ). DBO gives players a true MMORPG experience in the world of Dragonball. Things typically found in an MMORPG like character customization, free roaming (or whatever you call it --- free to explore and do what you want), interact with other players in the game, etc.

It's also explained that Dragonball Online allows gamers to "age their characters" (as shown with the images of Bulma and a Namekian in the 2 scans). More information as it unfolds!!

Plot: One day, during rigorous training, disaster strikes Planet Earth! The planet becomes divived into parts by a evil group known as the "Eye of Darkness". With the help of Future Trunks (who suddenly arrives to help), you set out on a journey to reclaim peace to Earth. On this adventure, you run into other players with the same goal. Together, overcoming your limits, and defeating the mysterious mastermind behind the Eye of Darkness.
Source: http://www.myfavoritegames.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally, some plot info.

If it's 200 years after DBZ then it's 88 years after the end of GT, I wonder if we'll run into an aged Goku Jr?

The problem with this gap in time is that none of the characters (except Future Trunks) from the series will be in it, kinda loses some appeal. Unless they incorporate Time Machines as a work-around, but then it'll interfere with the DBZ story way too much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay...the plot confuses me. So I'm guessing Trunks used the Time Machine to travel to the Future to help with something I can't imagine him even knowing about. I'd assume that the plot included GT, which would explain why Goku is still here, but Piccolo should be dead, so I'll go back to the idea of using plot canon to the manga.

My only guess is that they all hopped in Trunks' time machine. Pardon me, but I'm a little confused.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Who cares? I mean, the game itself will be playable, and it seems to be fun to play as well... I don't see "Earth's Special Froces" go with a plot, do you? Multiple goku's attacking eachother, heh. As long you can custimize your own character, then it'll be just fine. There are "TONS" of other MMORPG games where you see a lot of characters that looks exactly the same, so why complain about this MMO game?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, ESF isn't pretending to have a plot and doesn't need one since it's a death match game. Dragonball Online is an mmo, so it requires a plot, preferably a good one. Otherwise you'll just be grinding for no other reason than wanting to get to the next level.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Story line ain't so great, but it gives explanation to the game. I also have suspicions as to whether saiyans will even be in the game, if they are they're probably watered down blood line or something. I also have doubts if transformations are in the game doesnt really bother me though.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That might be true, even though. The game itself is not even released yet and people already complain about it. Honestly, I myself don't really care about the plot. As long the game is fun to play, and as long as it interests me. Then the game is all fine. Gameplay is more important to me than a silly plot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That might be true, even though. The game itself is not even released yet and people already complain about it. Honestly, I myself don't really care about the plot. As long the game is fun to play, and as long as it interests me. Then the game is all fine. Gameplay is more important to me than a silly plot.
I'd agree with you if this wasn't an mmo. However, it is. This isn't an action game. If this is anything like every other mmo out there, you're going to be pressing 1-0 quite a bit, and that's about as far as it'll go. Korean mmos are notorious for making you grind, so I might just avoid this altogether.

Tabula Rasa on the other hand...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm....just a thought but once esf will be dead there will probably be a big chance that the forum won't die when it's suposed to cuz of this game, I mean what if the forum goes into a completly new direction like this game, supporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom