Dragon Quest VIII Background

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoever made that got lazy with the logo and just changed the blending option to not show the white instead of actually cutting it out (what is it, screen?).

And I highly doubt he/she DREW those. If they did, eh, not that special.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
Whoever made that got lazy with the logo and just changed the blending option to not show the white instead of actually cutting it out (what is it, screen?).
No, that's actually the logo.

It's a nice background and it represents the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:

And I highly doubt he/she DREW those. If they did, eh, not that special.
Actually, Akira Toriyama does the character design for Dragon Quest.

:3

Nobody ever claimed somebody else drew them. It's called promotional artwork.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like Trunks, Pan and something with the face of Baba's ghost (top right corner) are in there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, new background for me.

I love Toriyama's drawing style.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, as I said in the first post, I think it's amateur artwork--a fan made it.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=583527&topic=25886225

This guy, 'Billysan' claims to have made it. The hosting is also his (Majinbilly.tripod.com)

Maybe he just threw it together out of different pictures--if he did, my mistake! If he drew them, though, I think he did it very well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could be wrong on this, but while reading a DragonQuest VIII review in a game magazine today, I believe I saw the same artwork. I remember saying to myself "Hey, that looks a lot like Akira's work..", and I then noticed the review had a smaller panel talking about how Akira Toriyama did DQ's artwork and what else Akira was famous for. So, I think it isn't amateur artwork. Still, don't quote me on that, though.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That really reminds me of Chrono Trigger... makes me cringe.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I'm sure you're aware, Toriyama also did the char. designs for ChronoTrigger! :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is a good background, but yeah, Toryama has like 15 general characters "templates" it seems. I guess the main hero guy, the dude with the bandana, has some sort of high tension type thing that makes his hair spike up like some other heros we know of :O

Given the comments on the message board, I don't think it's the official artwork considering people are making comments like "I actually like the way Angelo looks" and "Good job with munchi on the bandana" and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom