Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nvm played with friend

pro: epic team matches , and alot freeroam

contra: no combos well nearly NO , chain max is 4, no transformations while fighting, YOU NEED TO HAVE 4 PLAYERS TO fight in story or online mode or vs duel!!!

fazit: not worth 60 bucks

OH AND PS: NO BEAM Struggles!
Well that doesn't sound too much fun to me. Also i don't have Xb Live Gold Membership and it's not available for regular users.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's the first game in a DBZ game series - these are always the worst compared to the titles that follow down the road.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
another contra: u cant change the difficult in story mission. and battles are way to easy!, only online mode is alot fun

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm pretty sure not being able to change the difficulty for story missions is intentional.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well 1x auto combo with triangle nearly kills nappa

and also im very dissapointed about beam struggle !

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Especially when beams and beam struggles are core elements of DBZ.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams yes. Beam struggles, not as much. I couldn't care less if beam struggling is in a game or not. It's a retarded mechanic.

Best answers
I feel like this might be a translation error, thet the 4 on 4 is exclusive to missions and story mode, like we can set up 1 vs 1 on Vs mode....

Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part. Guess I'll find out soon enough

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams yes. Beam struggles, not as much. I couldn't care less if beam struggling is in a game or not. It's a retarded mechanic.
Wait why?? To me that was one of the coolest things about DBZ, and to that extent ESFs, clashing torrents of pure energy always looked so awesome to me. If you put that on a big, free roaming map like in Battle of Z, darken the lighting and what have you, and you got yourself a pretty intense scene. I was thrilled when Budokai 3 finally added it.

But yeah despite the awesome fluidity of movement that Tenkaichi handled awkwardly, and the large destructible maps, the melee in this is horrendous. I can deal with the lack of in-fight transformations and beam struggles, but when I can only do the same melee combo over and over in an action fighting game, then the core game mechanic becomes boring.

Like, the arcade game this was based off, Zenkai Battle Royale, looked like it had more depth. Hell I thought it was going to play like those action-fighter Gundam Vs. games. Very disappointed with Battle of Z :/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait why?? To me that was one of the coolest things about DBZ, and to that extent ESFs, clashing torrents of pure energy always looked so awesome to me. If you put that on a big, free roaming map like in Battle of Z, darken the lighting and what have you, and you got yourself a pretty intense scene. I was thrilled when Budokai 3 finally added it.

But yeah despite the awesome fluidity of movement that Tenkaichi handled awkwardly, and the large destructible maps, the melee in this is horrendous. I can deal with the lack of in-fight transformations and beam struggles, but when I can only do the same melee combo over and over in an action fighting game, then the core game mechanic becomes boring.

Like, the arcade game this was based off, Zenkai Battle Royale, looked like it had more depth. Hell I thought it was going to play like those action-fighter Gundam Vs. games. Very disappointed with Battle of Z :/
And that's about really the only reason I would consent to add it if it were up to me. It looks cool and all, but when it comes down to it, it either turns the game into a mash fest or it brings the high speed action to a complete stand still (depending on the game). It's a standstill in our case. It's fine as a role-play thing for the custom videos and trailers, something cool to look at. Otherwise, I'd rather be punching people of various races and nationalities in their ******* face.

It's kinda like Sub said. The game probably would've been way better, as a game, if it wasn't tied to DBZ. Even though I am a DBZ fan, myself.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The demo was a let down. There is no way to combo, no veriety in combat, no beam struggles, no counter attacks, and no strategy. Whoever lands the first hit has the upper hand in any engagement. The co-op and color customization seem to be the only redeeming features in this game. And the map sizes are just about the same as raging blast. Guess that makes two horrible console games in a row. One more strike and DBZ will be out for sure on home consoles.

--- edit ---

Y'know after the first hour with it I thought the controls for tenkaichi series were pretty simple actually(I had a harder time learning esf's scheme You could counter and dodge, stun and knock down your opponent, and even hit them in five directions well as give chase and combo with variety.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, finally got around to playing the demo...and I might not actually hate it. It was pretty apparent that this game was not meant to be a competitive fighting game like street fighter, tekken, or that over-rated one with all the capcom crossovers. Melee and energy combat is simple, and the team combat works decently too. It really does seem to be a really simplistic version of ESF, but I think it works fine as a game. It won't be as adrenaline pumping as 1.1 era ESF, but it's good in it's own right and will probably be a lot of fun to play with 8 other people.

If I were a review site, i'd give it a 7.5. Not bad enough to warrant a 7, but I can't really put it up there with with the 8 and 8+ games.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i bought it yesterday

i dont recommend to buy it....

its the worst dbz game ever released -.-

every ultimate attack has same animations at the end

no melee combos neither team combos only that meteor chain u can attach urself with triangle till enemy is hit 5 x

i will stick with raging blast 2

going to rechange the game today at gamestop

i warn all of this community NOT TO BUY THIS SHIT GAME EVEN BURST LIMIT AND SUPER DRAGONBALL Z pwns THIS !!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds about right.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You clearly need to stop playing it as a proper fighter then, I consider it a beat-em-up (pretty much has the same kind of mechanics. Beat the snot out of dozens of characters, only one combo, etc.)

It's a lot more fun than you apparently think, I have no problems with the one combo, no ingame transformations, or any of the other stuff people have problems with. What I do have problems is how bad the release is, currently for me the cutscenes play in slow motion, except the sound is fine (The voices at least, all other sounds are desynced like crazy), and the opening has lag spikes. These are proper reasons to dislike the game.

It's not the best DBZ game, but worst? No way, it's no where near the worst, you clearly didn't play DBZ Taiketsu on the Game Boy Advance. And I'm one who always tries to find good things in games, I happened to like Burst Limit, Super Dragonball Z, and even Ultimate Tenkaichi (.....in short bursts at least).

Again, you're being way too hard on this game. But hey, just my opinion, feel free to ignore it if you so wish.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with raper. I'm not one to defend the dbz games, but this one is actually not bad at all. It's just a mindless beat em up, and it's a pretty decent one at that. I would only not recommend at least trying it out if you believe it to be a competitive fighting game like Budokai Tenkaichi

Tbh, it's nice to see something different out of the series. Game studios seem to take Dragonball way too seriously.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, it's nice to see something different out of the series. Game studios seem to take Dragonball way too seriously.
You heard it here first! DBZ Battle of Z is a joke!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like, ****in'...it's dragonball man. The series pretty much popularized Japans image of being panty obsessed perverts who can fly. So yeah, little bit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How dare you say that to me. You don't know me. I don't even care. Don't be hatin' all up on a brutha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom