Dragon Ball: GAME PROJECT AGE 2011

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
In before Dragon Ball Z fighting games are all the same.

In before the franchise is being milked.

In before biased negative opinions.

http://www.game-france.fr/news/news-0-1850+des-infos-sur-le-prochain-dragon-ball.php

http://www.gamestrust.de/news,drago...tel_moechte_neue_wege_beschreiten,id9148.html

http://www.andriasang.com//e/blog/2011/05/03/dragon_ball_game_project_age_2011/

Jaruka said:
Both seem to believe their source to be reliable and Game-France rarely report on anything they see to be in any way false, this was already posted in the Zenkai Battle Royale thread but I feel given that it in no way confirms a port of the game it's fair that this should have it's own thread.

Word to the wise as well, Zenkai's system could be ported to the Playstation format but not to 360 so it's highly unlikely it is Zenkai.

Brief notes:
- No given name, makes it more unlikely it's just another 'Raging Blast' game
- Zenkai Battle Royale would be difficult as Hell to port to the 360 (though could be based on it)
- This game is in 3D much like the Tenkaichi era
- The lack of name makes it unlikely this is a Spike developed game

Project Age 2011 should receive more information shortly and is due for release fall of this year!

Let the speculation begin!

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forgot "In before PC fanboys."

Seriously, I loved the Tenkachi series, mostly because I had a PS2, but why oh WHY won't they make a Dbz game for PC? I don't care if it isn't as profitable. In this day and age, every game should be Multi-platform.

*sigh* Well, its not like my rant is going to change anything.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You forgot "In before PC fanboys."

Seriously, I loved the Tenkachi series, mostly because I had a PS2, but why oh WHY won't they make a Dbz game for PC? I don't care if it isn't as profitable. In this day and age, every game should be Multi-platform.

*sigh* Well, its not like my rant is going to change anything.
Well with the tenkaichi series you could always emulate it on your PC, granted if you already own a PS2 so you could extract the bios so it kind of defeats the purpose

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** the haters, I get excited every time a new DBZ game comes out simply because I am waiting for the perfect DBZ game. And **** that retro-*** "dragon ball z super butōden" bull****, with the capabilities of current consoles and PCs, I want to see a game match the vastness, destruction, and overall sense of power of the series.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Which is what we're all waiting for, or some of us have already given up. This isn't the first time someone has announced "a game like never before" and let us down.

So, I personaly think they're stupid, or rather, cheap and won't hire proper game designers or the game designers are limited by the amount of time and money at their disposal. Which is ******* rediculous.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet the first game Namco makes on the next set of consoles is a Tenkachi clone.

Also, the next Xbox is said to be out in 2013.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Who knows what will happen?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... I hate the Tenkaichi and Raging Blast Series a lot.... They were just.... so unbalanced its not even funny.... Which is why I like Burst Limit.... Transformations do not increase attack power. It just changes your move set. Krillin and Yamcha were the characters I used most in that game.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... I hate the Tenkaichi and Raging Blast Series a lot.... They were just.... so unbalanced its not even funny.... Which is why I like Burst Limit.... Transformations do not increase attack power. It just changes your move set. Krillin and Yamcha were the characters I used most in that game.
But then you just make Dbz into an Arcade fighting game, which is a waste of Dbz potential. The Unbalanced fights are a part of Dbz and are one of the main reasons why I loved Tenkaichi. I could never get into Budokai 3. I used to have so much fun having 5 Gokus and Vegetas fighting against the SS4 Gogeta of my brother. It was hella hard but there were still times when I was able to beat him with just one character.

They need to build up on that, innovate more, and try for more free gameplay instead of just churning out each new game with more characters and combos, of which the former no one is going to use more then once.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then you just make Dbz into an Arcade fighting game, which is a waste of Dbz potential. The Unbalanced fights are a part of Dbz and are one of the main reasons why I loved Tenkaichi. I could never get into Budokai 3. I used to have so much fun having 5 Gokus and Vegetas fighting against the SS4 Gogeta of my brother. It was hella hard but there were still times when I was able to beat him with just one character.

They need to build up on that, innovate more, and try for more free gameplay instead of just churning out each new game with more characters and combos, of which the former no one is going to use more then once.

Tenkaichi 1 - 3 = Burter or SSJ4 Gogeta. End game.
If you chose any other character against them you got **** on.

I mean, personally I don't like the Armor Core style feel for DBZ. I like a more Street Fighter style.

I mean Tenkaichi kinda reminds me of that old arcade game from long ago that was pretty fun but not as fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxO9jMalrg

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to each his own I guess. IMO Dbz games should mostly have 3D gameplay, though they should move away from the Lock-on control scheme. Am not saying there shouldn't be any of the Street Fighter style games, but those are already established and require little work to implement. A true Dbz game though, has yet to be made.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tenkaichi 1 - 3 = Burter or SSJ4 Gogeta. End game.
If you chose any other character against them you got **** on.

I mean, personally I don't like the Armor Core style feel for DBZ. I like a more Street Fighter style.

I mean Tenkaichi kinda reminds me of that old arcade game from long ago that was pretty fun but not as fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxO9jMalrg
I don't understand how EVERYONE says the tenkaichi series copied armored core....armored core isn't the first large map over the shoulder style game :\

As for choosing anyone against burter or ssj4 gogeta...no offence but you must have been very bad at the game xD I can solo burter and gogeta ssj4 2v1 with me being goku from dragon ball.

what I didn't like about the tenkaichi/rb series is the ability to choose a character in a transformed state, that was retarded.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how EVERYONE says the tenkaichi series copied armored core....armored core isn't the first large map over the shoulder style game :\

As for choosing anyone against burter or ssj4 gogeta...no offence but you must have been very bad at the game xD I can solo burter and gogeta ssj4 2v1 with me being goku from dragon ball.

what I didn't like about the tenkaichi/rb series is the ability to choose a character in a transformed state, that was retarded.
If you are playing two people who are equal in tenkaichi, have them play SSJ4 Gogeta or Burter and play you as Goku from Dragon ball and see how far that gets you. I mean Goku from Dragon Ball has the height problem a bit like Chaiozu but still hitable.

Tenkaichi plays like Armored Core is all I am saying and Budokai played like Street Fighter. Tenkaichi also resembles the old VRVS game as well just a bit more... well... 3D and unbalanced. I am a guy who hates unbalanced fighting games with a passion.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A new trailer is out.

[video=youtube;vK7l2wA3O3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK7l2wA3O3c[/video]

From what I can tell, the focus this time is on environmental destruction, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, the rest of the combat looks to be the same as the previous games, which is disappointing. And the worst part? Still ignoring PC. Bandai sucks. Well, I might probably get a PS3, so we'll see how it turns out.

Also, I found this amv while searching for the trailer. I haven't seen a lot of amvs, but I liked this one.

[video=youtube;es0Nx-DSryE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0Nx-DSryE[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you are playing two people who are equal in tenkaichi, have them play SSJ4 Gogeta or Burter and play you as Goku from Dragon ball and see how far that gets you. I mean Goku from Dragon Ball has the height problem a bit like Chaiozu but still hitable.

Tenkaichi plays like Armored Core is all I am saying and Budokai played like Street Fighter. Tenkaichi also resembles the old VRVS game as well just a bit more... well... 3D and unbalanced. I am a guy who hates unbalanced fighting games with a passion.
That really depends on what you mean by better. There are thousands of people with different playstyles, and not every single person in the world is equal in any way shape or form at a video game. there's a VERY small chance of that happening.

Burter is fast, but he doesn't hit hard at all. My friend can beat me with ssj4 gogeta 1v1 if we're both the same character, but I can beat him 1v1 with trunks, again same character. It's like Kung Fu, while there are many different types of it, no type is truly greater, same with characters in the DBZ games. It depends on the user's skill with that character. Someone extremely skilled with kid goku vs someone extremely skilled with SSJ4 gogeta, the outcome would turn out to where each person came very close to dieing, with only one winner in the end.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They need to make DBZ-style Dynasty Warriors game with air-combat.

I thought the Fist of the North Star game was alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom