double standard

Best answers
I shall conquer it now!!! dude really what is up with the double standard.
slut vs pimp
so a pimp is cool, overall. personally I don’t think so, but that’s another story.
a slut is bad, overall. Yes the whole “bad girl” complex is in there, but no one would really want to date a slut, right. personally, I think being a slut is just as bad a being a pimp!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a man sleeps with 10 girls in one night, hes congrated.
Woman does the same with 10 guys and shes a whore.

Either way "Slut" or "Pimp" they will eventually get STD's so, they do their thinkg and ill just do 1 thing. (MY girl)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I peg it back to caveman times with alpha males and subconscious psychology, the strongest, largest men would breed a lot and the women, who were deemed inferior because they were weaker and couldn't hunt, were subserviant.

Just change the context and the time, the pimps are the rich, succesful, powerful MacDaddies of the hood, and the sluts and/or hoes want a piece of the proverbial pie subconsciously and throw themselves at the pimps, who beat them with a cane. This is also my theory on why women date *******s all the time, they're more dominant. It's great to be a man, and greater still to be a pimp. :devsmile:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A pimp is a both coveted and shameful apprenticeship, a simple, and yet... sometimes complicated business to feed both the pimp and the prostitute. In the end, both the pimp and the prostitute are just trying to feed themselves, kids if they have them, and whoever they have to support in this cruel materialistic world. Though, it's terrible how these pimps, psychologically manipuluate women sometimes.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no double standard.

Think of it like this...

Okay, guys congratulate other guys for being a pimp.

Girls on the other hand do not congratulate other girls.

This is the underlying difference. Girls don't like pimps, guys don't like sluts. Guys think pimps are cool. girls thinks sluts are stupid.

This may sound like a generalization, but it is true. MOST people find sluts gross. most guys congratulate their friend's if they have sex with a few girls.

There is no double standard, and you people make me sick thinking there is, girls bring it on themselves in a way. This whole topic pisses me off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If a guy cheats on a girl he's a pimp.
If a girl cheats on a guy she's a slut.

Biased philosophies for teh win!

Best answers
I personally knew a bunch of girls that had a list over all those they had slept with. And like that there are alot more than you think, girls just dont sing it all over the place like guys do, they keep it more like a secret between temselves. But from a comon social point of wiev the woman is still suposed to be a more limited creature therefore it's not correct for her to go all crazy sleeping with everybody that crosses her mind. Still the man is allowed to so and will not be socialy critizised, more like praised.
This however is changing like alot of other things. Give it time.
The girl i would call a slut, as well as the guy, is the one that sleeps with everything that crosses theyr path including those that are engaged/married(and so on). The girl that sleeps with alot of people however I'll just pat her in the back and tell her to make sure she uses a condom.

Best answers
SaKuMa said:
girls just dont sing it all over the place like guys do, they keep it more like a secret between temselves. But from a comon social point of wiev the woman is still suposed to be a more limited creature therefore it's not correct for her to go all crazy sleeping with everybody that crosses her mind. Still the man is allowed to so and will not be socialy critizised, more like praised.
that is true, that girls are "supposed" to keep to themsleves and be calm and sh*t like that. but girls do gossip, and so do guys (trust me they gossip equally).

OWA said:
This is the underlying difference. Girls don't like pimps, guys don't like sluts. Guys think pimps are cool. girls thinks sluts are stupid.
that is very true. girls diss sluts just as much as guys do, but guys are all cool with pimps.

Best answers
Posted by Ravendust
I peg it back to caveman times with alpha males and subconscious psychology, the strongest, largest men would breed a lot and the women, who were deemed inferior because they were weaker and couldn't hunt, were subserviant.

Just change the context and the time, the pimps are the rich, succesful, powerful MacDaddies of the hood, and the sluts and/or hoes want a piece of the proverbial pie subconsciously and throw themselves at the pimps, who beat them with a cane. This is also my theory on why women date *******s all the time, they're more dominant. It's great to be a man, and greater still to be a pimp.

It IS about Dominance. A male that is considered Alpha will be able and almost expected to bring in the most women. And that is because the most women want him. :rolleyes:

As for women. Dude, I have known girls who all the guys wanted, who got with pretty much all the guys, and they were considered a sex goddess. I see it as when a girl in ANY WAY seems desparate or low ranking comes off as being a slut. This is why I think a lot of girls sometimes come off as prude. :fight:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the pimp the guy who sells the sluts?
I might be quoting Deuce Bigalow on this one but I thought the male version of a slut was a giggolo.

Pimps exist to make money off selling another persons body. Its lower then a prostitute because its purely for financial gain. Some prostitutes only reach that level as a last resort. (granted some DO do it purely for money as well.) But pimps are only there for the career.

If you're talking about stances on having sex a lot. I think it was covered well by the person who said its the reaction of the same sex. Guys will congratulate each other on having sex every day, but girls tend to play it down.

But then, thats the double standard you're talking about.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Time to be Mr. Philosophy...if I spelled it right.. -_-

Well, pimp hoe, or whatever, they still end up getting ****ed by the world. :rolleyes:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lid said:
I think that everyone here is confusing pimp with "player".
Yeah thats what I was thinking. The less eccentric pimps are usually balding fat men who entertain themselves with hidden cameras hidden throughout the brothel. The more eccentric ones where pink suits with feathered hats and ride their hoe's on bikes

Players are the guys who score with numerous women and are considered 'cool' but other guys.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I do agree that there is a double standard, and while I may subconsciously apply it to a given situation from time to time, I try not to.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Girls care much more about who is sleeping with who than boys do, which is simple because girls seem to get involved in eachothers lives more than guys do. I'd say some of the fault lies on girls being so judgemental of eachother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom