Dose ESF work with Half-Life 2?

Best answers
Dose ESF work with Half-Life 2? Well, dose it? I hear it dosen't cause it has a new engine but I'm not sure cause the guy at EB games said that Half-Life 2 was basicly the same as 1 just with a few new things. Well, anyways I hope it dose :laff:

Best answers
I believe I read somewhere that all Half Life mods can be played with Half Life 2. No changes whatsoever will occur due to the game change.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It requires the mod team to convert the mod to the Source engine, and the ESF team has already stated many times that they will not be doing so.
You can't just play a HL1 mod on the Source engine as if it were the HL1 engine, though I wish you could.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I imagine dragondude is right - it is a different engine after all.

Best answers
i dont think it would be possible to make one engine that would plays two engines....i think?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it could if its based off of the same engines or has two seperate engines loaded on it somehow but i dont think it will be able to play a hl1 mod

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt that HL1 is compatable with HL2. Too many engine changes have taken place to allow backwards compatability. FMOD doesn't even have backwards compatability . . .

Best answers
I remember hearing gabe say (along time ago) that hl1 mods are compatible with hl2 :) but, we will have to wait for the release, maybe hl1 is free if you get hl2? (hl2 cd key works with hl1, just an idea though)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps backwards compatibility such as PS2 playing PS1 discs with no graphical improvement whatsoever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom