Dominance War II

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on which side he's joining in with, 3dtotal is the only side that can have any significant mechanical assets.

Anyways, I've just been concepting in bits and pieces. With that said, however, I've roughed out the basics of my concept

Next step for me is to flesh out the final concept image or I might just skip that and go straight to modeling, not sure.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
somewhere in the process of doodling up my ideas, i came to a startling realization

the character design i wanted to make in my head, had already been made by someone else >_>

motaro from MK,

i still plan to go through with it though, and perhaps add my own bit of armor/weapons and the like

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Some really nice stuff being done in here, I especially like bolteh's, methinks he needs a more definate spine though, I also like your concept tek, im loving the new additions to the design, makes it much more interesting.

Anyhows here's mine, he's an archer:

Not quite done with him, might do a final redesign, the pose he's in here is a bit off balance too >_<, his other arm is a different design, purposefully for holding the bow, I want the bow to double up as a melee weapon too though. I want it to be a specially made bow though, special alloy to make it bendy, so the guy can fire through tanks/small buildings. As you can see I'm testing out patterns on the arms and such, may carry it across quite a bit of the design, I was also thinking maybe giving him a flying robot with him, that drops him some ammo and such, since I was thinking he'd be assault and long range, running out of arrows may be a problem, then again I was thinking maybe give him energy arrows, dunno yet. His shield allows him to place the bow in the centre, making it expand and thus giving him greater defence, also the shield is sharp at the bottom, allowing him to shove it into the ground and use it as cover for when under heavy fire. Heh, I'm getting carried away with this =P Dunno if i'll actually finish the model though :p the concept is gonna be quite complex, if i do the model I'll probably try normal mapping him, havent had chance on any of my previous models and I figured if it doesnt **** him up, I'll give it a shot. =\ gonna be hard work though.

Shield and bow redesign, will add patterns and stuffs when I gots myself a more confident design for the shield:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/dominanceconceptequip.jpg

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Love your concept David, especially the bow :)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
as is mines just a plane jane centaur looking creature,

im gonna worry about the armor and techy bits later, and write up some sort of storyline about his species being taken from his home planet and used as "living weapons/slaves", to keep some sort of primitive'ness to him.

i currently have no idea how im going to build the torso, I didnt exactly draw up any refs for this, so ive kinda been wingin it.

all i know is i want him to be buff, have horns, have unrealistically long forearms, large hands and a bigass blunt, or bladed weapon with some battle damage (or perhaps some mutilated peices of his victims stuck to it), and have some sort of armor both on the torso and the body.

i dont know if im going to keep him standard horse fur or not, given that he has a reptilian tail ^^, but i already gave him hooves >_>, cant stray too far now

if you got any ideas for the armor or weapon, post away

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
dave, as sick as your concept is, you should considder giving him some kind of external support, maybe braces that attach to the back of the legs, reason being, if the bow arm requires mechanical aid, you can guarentee the torque on the bow would throw him back.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
;_; You guys have amazing stuff going on, I feel out of place myself...
I tried to come up with ideas yesterday but couldnt move forward so I almost thought about quitting, but just cause it's not me, I kept doing my thing ;_;

I'm not sure if it's close to looking good at the moment, thats why I'm asking for your help with crits and ideas...be as harsh as you want, even if it means redoing the whole idea lol I just gotta move forward or it will drive me insane at some point ;P

I'll keep working on it but in the mean time I have an open mind, let me know if there's something that looks out of place, something that should be removed/added, I'll listen to anything ;)

Best answers
Well adding mecha horns would look very nice on that SV. And instead of a blade, maybe a shield with spikes sticking out would also be sufficient. As for the shoulders/waist, maybe you can design some sort of aero-dynamic look to make him appear as if he is focused on speed.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i wrote you my opinnion, but here is somethind additional.

be carefull with what you're concepting, cuz right now it seems kinda cyborg like.
If you want to do an Alien, take a look at this thread http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=179389&an=0&page=0#Post179389

he has only done the main form of the alien and added armour on it.
legs looks fine, but may redefine the chest and hand more armour like.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel - Well depends on how you look at it I think, it can be a really mechanic armor, and I believe as long as it's a humen under there it's okay...
But thats also why I gave him a muscle layout, to give the idea of a humen under the armor.

I agree that the right arm does look cyborg-ish, I thought at first it should be like a glove that monipulates itself to different metal shapes, I think I'll keep the idea of a blade attached to the arm but give it a more glove-ish look and make it more sharp, less dull.

I'll also need to come up with something for the pelvis.

QMark - I'll definatly look into some spikes/horns on this concept.
About a shield though, he's supposed to be an Assassin, not quite sure how a shield would be vital here but maybe I can give him some kind of a defence gear.
I dont quite understand what you mean by aero-dynamics, however I do want to give him some speed/agility feeling.

Best answers
;_; You guys have amazing stuff going on, I feel out of place myself...
I tried to come up with ideas yesterday but couldnt move forward so I almost thought about quitting, but just cause it's not me, I kept doing my thing ;_;

I'm not sure if it's close to looking good at the moment, thats why I'm asking for your help with crits and ideas...be as harsh as you want, even if it means redoing the whole idea lol I just gotta move forward or it will drive me insane at some point ;P

I'll keep working on it but in the mean time I have an open mind, let me know if there's something that looks out of place, something that should be removed/added, I'll listen to anything ;)
the idea of the right hand is great ! but what tipe warrior will it be (human+costume,cyborg ?) and perhaps it will look better with biger armour. adding flying gear might be a good idea ? :/

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's supposed to be a humen with mecha-gear, Assassin; silent, quick, agile.
Thats why having a bigger armor on him might not make much sense if you know what I mean.
Flying gear could be nice, I should play around with something like that.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Its nice SV, just a little static, also I think you're molding it around the standard human body a little too much, if he's a silent assassin I don't think he'd be that bulky, maybe thin and stretch the proportions a little? The arm is pretty nice, however looks too straight to me maybe have it curve a little or something, it looks like he'd move very awkwardly with such a stiff ridig arm if you get what i mean.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=D Ahh thanks David! I was about to give up on that concept.
I definatly, 100% agree about everything you said! everybody I showed it to told me to make him more bulky and mascular but it didnt make sense to me cause I was aiming for an agile assassin.

Also agree about the arm shape, I think I'll make it a tad shorter and give it a curve, also I'll try to change the design a little over all.

Again, thanks David. it's a lot harder than people think so I really appreciate it.

Also taking a slight turn and trying out some alien stuff...I really dont know where I'm going with this but meh...throwing ideas around:

Going back to the first concept, update soon hopfully.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
nice :O much better! I much prefer the proportions in this one, I like that hand concept too, and the spikes on the back. Maybe on the cloth around his waist/crotch give it some kinda design to it? Keep this going, maybe do some silhouette thumbs too, they really help with the over all impact of shape.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks man ;_;
I'll use the proportions on this Alien and I'll try to get something mixed with the Assassin feeling.

And yep, still looking for ideas for his crotch, I'm thinking of adding some weapons and gear there, knife holsters and stuff.

I never experienced with silhouette thumbs before though =o do I basically just try a lot of variations with little details, more shape?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, just black on white or grey is a good way to start, it just allows you to think about the composition of the design without you having to do any kind of detailed work, that and its much faster, and you can churn them out really quickly. It stops that method of concepting where you get tied up thinking about how something needs to work, or you feel the need to have something more completed in one area than another. Mostly though its just about finding the right shapes in the design (from my experience)

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then thats exactly what I need to do for now, I was starting to get a headache while trying to figure out everything at once ;P

Thanks for the help David =) you really got my spirit up

Edit:

Hope I got it right D:

One thing is for sure, it makes the process a whole lot easier.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
@bolteh: I know not what it is but its an awesome looking start!

Here's the concept for my entry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/temetry/gunwitch1.jpg

I'm trying to add some steam-punkish influence into her main weapon; as I plan it now, its a bow that can shoot arrows fast and hard enough to blow through tank armor, but she can also fold it down to carry it over her back, use it as a shield, and swing it as a type of melee weapon (haven't quite worked out that last part yet)

Clothing design is kinda simple at the moment, but I'll be looking at some more refs in the coming days to make them less generic and more unique.

Time to get to posting on Cgchat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom