Does Phobia affect u while playing games?

Best answers
I mean say u are afraid of the dark, does that make you scared of the dark in a game? I'm asking this coz I'm hydrophobic. But I dont get so scared in ESF but I really do get the **** scared outta my pants when I play Quake and accidentally leap into the waters. Maybe coz the waters in ESF arent dark and spooky and not to mention that they are usually green/purple. I once shut my monitor off when i fell into the water in Deus Ex. Those are the only times i resort to cheats myself. lol, atleast i aint scared of the ocean or rivers, dunno why. But i think its coz i almost fell into a well when i was 4 that im scared of dark waters or something. Really weird. My doc says it should die down with time. But seeing as I'm only scared of wells, tanks and ingame dark waters, it ok.
lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spiders. Anything involving spiders makes me want to avoid them, and if I HAVE to fight them, I get the jibblies...

Discord Member
Best answers
SPIDERMAN!!!!!

lol what makes me crap my pants out is the soul thought of scuba diving into a 50 meter deep water Alone and near a shipwreck....(i get scared that ill see a dead guy lol)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Spiders. Anything involving spiders makes me want to avoid them, and if I HAVE to fight them, I get the jibblies...
At least in games you can blow them in in tiny little peices... *smiles*.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only get scared when bastards in games suprise me. Like in Manhunt when a punk jumps out from behind the wall, that made me and my friend scream the hell out of ourselves once xD

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "surgery" in Quake 4. I had 1 bad dream and that's it.

Best answers
My mom has arachnophobia and throws heavy stuff at my head whenever I'm playing WoW and killing spiders 'happens a lot when you're leveling an alt)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually being afraid of the dark was why doom always terrified me. those dark spaces you have to activate **** in...i used to freak out if i was attacked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doom 3...I screamed my pants off playing that game...but it's hella fun so i don't care.

When things pop out at you with no avail also...I hate being surprised

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason, Twisted Metal always scared me a bit. Don't know why, but it did. I was pretty young when that game came out though, so that's probably why. If I played it now, I doubt it would scare me.

Now, I'm pretty much afraid of any game that deserves to be made afraid of. Good examples would be F.E.A.R., Doom 3 (not so much anymore), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (some parts, not all), etc.

@ DaRk - Heh, I think just about everyone got like that when they first played Doom 3. I know I did.

Best answers
lol I remember that the models in quake 3 of klesk and others scared me a lot. not to mention that guy who appeared in that foggy map. he was pwnage lol.
But seeing as i did manage to finish quake, it doesnt matter much. And seeing as the only reason I even play quake any more is to revive memories of BFP, it ok. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right.

I really hate spiders. I don't think I have arachnophobia, but I do really really hate them.

Imagine my WTF when I was playing Twilight Princess and the first dungeon confronts me with spiders that are larger than I.

Spiders in games don't bug me as much, because I know I'm able to kill them with my skills, but in real life, I hate them. They're so unpredictable and hairy and they've got all these legs and UGH. Dx

Best answers
Spiders in games don't bug me as much, because I know I'm able to kill them with my skills, but in real life, I hate them. They're so unpredictable and hairy and they've got all these legs and UGH. Dx
In real life you don't have skills to step on spiders? *_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I squish small spiders when they bug me (which is whenever I see them), but I was more or less talking about the bigger kinds, like tarantulas. @_@ I should've been more clear.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doom 3 made me scared of the dark man, for like a week, and im 18.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate spiders in real life. I can easily fight them in game, but I mean, if I see one in real life, I get scared. I love how they look, I love how they walk, everything, I'm just scared ****less of their bite D:

I was watching some thing about phobias on discovery channel, and they said about 95% of people who have arachniphobia are scared because of their alienated look. guess im that 5% :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quoted for truth. I hate spiders man, they had giant spiders in Dark Messiah and i was ****ing skeeved out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm it was used to be like that, especially when i was like 7 years old... or 9 ?

dunno , well for example zelda:eek:corina of time .... i couldnt beat any boss, or even enter the Dark castle or the shadow Temple.... it was to dark, i feared playing there n lose.

Now im kinda bored by those, im play seeing enemy: "ouw, looks nice" Bam bam , go on. now a few years later i approved it, i finished Twilight princes on my own withouth fearing anything! Call me a Hero.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well...a long ago i played return to castle wolfenstein(which i was about to finish) and at a particular level,that had it's location in the crypts;scared the **** out of me with some skeletons that broke out off the walls and kicked you with a big chopper and a shield. :cry:
Also at a time you had to beat a burning skeleton boss that could only be killed with dynamite.
Despite all this i still enjoyed the game very much. :p

Best answers
Ive.. never been scared by a game. But I've been scared by T.V. especially ghost stuff it just freaks me out.(NOT ghostbusters) but shows like "A Haunting" on Discovery channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom