Does metal calm you? o_O

Best answers
Yeah Hash, but that's where metal is more versatile :-D, it can pump you up AND calm you down, it's "magical" like that. (lol corny)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on my mood, Certain music brings out certain moods in me, which can be good or bad. I'll list a few:

Tool - there frist two albums make me angry and aggressive, but Aenima and Lateralus, kind of calm me.

A Perfect Circle - Most osngs calm me, Judith makes me want too kill.

Chevelle - Most make me angry

Rancid - they make me hyper active, my party music.

The Used - Most of there stuff makes me hyper

Alexisonfire - Angry and hyper, usually at once

Faith No More - these guys rock, w00t mike patton, they calm me

Soem of these bands are metal, but I don't listen too tons of metal so I couldn't say metal calms me.

Spineshank is cool, I like new beginning myself
w00t tool

GSwhatever986

G
2 calm down or if im wide awake and need to go to sleep i listen 2 some hardcore or metal like mudvayne, slipknot, poison the well and all that good stuff \m/ just dont leave me in a room with country or ill kill u all!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been listening to old school hard if you can call him that... Stevie Ray Vaughn going mad crazy on a guitar is just something that needs to be listened to. At the same time its very calming.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey GSwhatever986 next time you need to add something to your list, use the edit button to save space.

To add to what I said earlier, I usually don't like metal that is just loud and hateful, I like stuff with a little more substance. But when I am angry, it is the most obnoxious sounding stuff that calms me.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay i'm not the only one on the boat afterall... infact there are too many of us now, I think o_O

Anyhow, after reading the replies, I declare Cummer as my metal freak buddy \o/!

On-topic:
Although this is true, I really have no reason why this happens, as in how something so loud and something which has so much attitude - METAL - can actually calm you down? :x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I listen to All American Rejects The Ataris or Linkin Park, it seems to calm me a little.

Best answers
Does Metal calm me?? I just laughed when I saw this topic becuz I was thinking of metal as steel but nah metal doesn't clam me but techno does a song that calms me down alot is
Aphex Twin - Girl Boy Song
techno and trance basically.. like final fantasy songs... :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No.

What calms me down is my girlfriend. Or this song: R. Kelly - Bump N' Grind (Remix) :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom