Do YOU Belive in Ghosts?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remebmered I was like HOLY **** I opened the bathroom door and i was something red, blood diablo red, demon-like red. It scared the ****ing **** out of me. It looked at me probably I think it had black hair. It disspeared in one second. But then agian it could've been just light. I don't know, I never remebmer seeing something like that it scared the **** out of me. And there must be ghost's. I saw one watching me, one go to the bathroom with a Wedding-Dress-Like It was a girl go in my bathroom as fast as she could and I saw one in my brothers room just standing there.

Best answers
well **** if were all starting to tell stories and what not...

I got three that i remember:

1) this was back in Israel and I was like 7 or 8. My parents went out for some fancy dinner or something. My bro, sis, and I was sitting in my parents room watching tv together when all of a sudden we all heard high-heels steps out of nowhere and the voice of our mom saying "nir, i love you so much my dear chil--" Im Nir.

2) In my current new york city apt, at night when i turn the light off sometimes it would randomly turn on and then off at night, at times id wake up from it. At other times if I dim the lights they go from high to low when they feel like it. Go figure.

3) Whenever Im in the shower, theres usually a very, very cold spot right behind me, and sometimes I feel as if someones grabbing my right or both of my legs and trying to pull me down. For some reason I never feel this just on my left.

I like the idea of ghosts though, and even though Ill probably be scared ****less, I'll find relief in that personally I have proof of life after death.

Seppuku

S
I have never seen a ghost but it does not mean they don't exsist. I would have to lean towards the no. However, I would never close my mind to the possibility. If i eevr cross one...I will offer them a cup of Sake and start up a conversation. I will let you know how it turns out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose I'll give my wishy-washy opinion.

I think there are way too many odd experiences regarding ghosts for -all- of them to be coincidence or BS. Whether they are the spirits of the dead or whatever, I can't say. I don't hear a lot of stories about complete and utter skeptics seeing ghosts either, but of course I'm sure there are some stories. It's all pretty... blah.

I think the drive for finding things like ghosts or aliens or psychic powers, anything like that, is that we've explored the world and found no dragons, no monsters at the end of the sea or gods on top of mountains or in the sky. We're left with nothing but ourselves, and a small few completely inexplicable things, so we dig and dig hoping to find something so seemingly impossible and fantastic as ghosts; proof of "something else," whatever it might be.

And I agree that ghosts stories are intriguing (unless they sound like completely contrived BS), so go ahead and share'm.

People fear ghosts because people are irrational around things they don't understand. Think about it. What if you stepped into your bathroom one night and saw the gruesome, disfigured head of a woman staring back at you through the mirror? You wouldn't smirk and make a wisecrack or something. Anybody who says that is a lying sack of crap. You'd probobly **** your pants and run out screaming.

Or a strange, shadowy presence circling your bed. A sudden draft. You feel something land on your covers (and you have no pets.) If you're convinced that it's a ghost, your mind probobly isn't going "Ohhh, just a ghost. It can't hurt me!" It's probobly something more along the lines of "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!"

I mean, why are people afraid of harmless pet rats or insects? People have affinities for these things. I think an odd, barely visible, creepy ass woman in a nightgown walking slowly towards you in a dark hallway is more likely to strike up fear than a desire for conversation.

I dunno. The idea is fascinating, which makes me -want- to believe in it. Because once again, you don't hear about a lot of fantastic yet somewhat believable crap everyday; a reason, I think, that a lot of people believe. But personally, I've never had any real ghost experiences.

EDIT: something just came to mind on the subject of irrational fears. Have any of you heard of the "Bloody Mary ritual?" It basically consists of going into a pitch black bathroom, and then lighting a single candle (sometimes 2, or 5, whatever, it's an urban legend), then spinning around three times (sometimes up to thirteen though) and chanting "Bloody Mary" while you do it. The head of this woman, covered in blood, lookin' crazy, etc., is supposed to appear. People come back with stories like "Yes! I saw it for a few seconds, scared the **** out of me." to "Yes! I saw it! And it seemed like she was coming out of the mirror for me!"

Now, ask me or the majority of the guys I know about this. We'll tell you it's total BS, an urban legend used to scare little girls at slumber parties. But honestly... would I do the ritual myself?

**** no.

That right there is completely irrational fear.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...What if you don't belive in ghost's? I dunno, they might haunt you and make you belive that there is. But I swear i've seen some ghost's around in my house. And I know when my brain is playing tricks on me.I sometimes when the light is out go under my covers and see this weird ass light under them. It's like WTF was that??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ghosts are illusions made in your mind, you see things even when you dont want to.
i beleave more that this is the matrix, so the ghosts could be hidden files or files that is supose to be deleated.
i dont beleave in ghosts but i beleave in a way to make your mind seperate from your boddy without dieing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it seems as if the more you THINK about them, the more likely you are to experience them; kind of supporting the all-in-your-head idea. You'll very rarely find some person completely obsessed with ghosts who has never had any kind of paranormal experience. I know that personally, sitting around in the dark, the more I play with the idea of ghosts the more paranoia I can build up about them, and my imagination goes crazy. But to start the nutty obsession, you need a triggering experience, I'd say. Too many weird things have happened for me to completely discard the idea.

Best answers
Do I fear ghosts?..no certainly not..do I believe such things exist...YES!

My cousin died 4 years ago and the day after that "it" happend...I woke up..as I always do...and he was sitting on my bed..near my feet, I was like "WTF?!?!?!"...he looked at me..smiled and said "I shouldn't have wasted my life like that (in my native language)"...I freaked..and ran away...to my mother..told her what I saw..and when I got back he was gone.......

At first I thought...maybe I was still asleep...but the thing is...about 10 people in my familiy experianced the EXACT SAME THING THAT DAY!..

So yes..I do believe in ghosts..and no Im not just telling a story, this has really happend to me.

I could tell you guys some other weird story's...but this one is BY FAR the weirdest.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's "it" That's kind of sad lol. How did he waste his life?

Best answers
Theres something Id really like to believe in... and thats the wheejie board... but every time Ive done it one of us was moving it... and I know because I personally caught them do it...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soulicro said:
Theres something Id really like to believe in... and thats the wheejie board... but every time Ive done it one of us was moving it... and I know because I personally catched them do it...
Pfft Ouija.... someone always moves it (at least in my experiences.) I've had some weird experiences that cause me to believe that there is something "else" out there. Being home alone and having objects fall off kitchen counters for no reason etc. Footsteps while in the house alone (not the house creaking.) Actual rhythmic footsteps.

Nelo said:
why the hell would anyone be scared of them anyway?
@Nelo: Many people are afraid of the unknown, or things they can't explain. Saying "why the hell would anyone be scared of them, I'm sure as hell not afraid." Is terrible logic.

Best answers
I believe there's something out there, and I tend to sway more in the belief of poltergiests than just shadowy ghosts, but that's mostly because I find poltergiests more interesting. Like documented cases of red hot stones flying into the side of houses and things flying from one side of the room to the other (like that other member, Goku SSJ3). I've never had any experiences of this kind myself, aside from feeling the odd presence in a room and the tv turning on and off about 5 times in rapid succession when I was alone in the room.

Best answers
There are various explanations for ghosts really...

FreeDoM said:
Theres no such thing as ghosts. You could be mistaking them for demons:) Let's break it down shall we? What are ghosts? Dead people right? So, as it should be, every person who dies goes to heaven or hell. There's no in between, no maybes, nothing. Let's be hypothetical for a second and say there was no god, no supreme being. You die, instead of your life ending, you mystically become a ghost. Which means since you no longer have a body, it must be a "soul". This "soul" some how manifests a figure, only seen by other "souls". You live.. or rather.. stay dead for the rest of your pathetic life walking around the earth for eternity. Sounds pretty crappy to me, way more far fetched than believing in god. If you have enough faith to believe in something like that, than you guys have far more faith than i do. Oh well, food for thought.
Demons, I doubt it, but the chance that lack of faith when you die could place you between heaven and hell could make ghosts a reality, so your idea does seem somewhat realistic.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't believe in an afterlife or any religion but does that necessarily mean that there can't be a ghost? I'm starting to believe in this strange world I keep dreaming about that is the physical manifestation of all psychological goings on in my life. According to the characters in this recurring dream, a "ghost" is their word for someone who has died in one world and not died in the other. In their world, the person goes insane; if the person dies on their half, they are "ghosts" up here.
That I had to read about 5 times to fully understand, but that too does seem somewhat believable, but at the same time would lead us to believe in something like a parallel universe (keyword - 'like').

Hitikori said:
Have any of you heard of the "Bloody Mary ritual?" It basically consists of going into a pitch black bathroom, and then lighting a single candle (sometimes 2, or 5, whatever, it's an urban legend), then spinning around three times (sometimes up to thirteen though) and chanting "Bloody Mary" while you do it. The head of this woman, covered in blood, lookin' crazy, etc., is supposed to appear. People come back with stories like "Yes! I saw it for a few seconds, scared the **** out of me." to "Yes! I saw it! And it seemed like she was coming out of the mirror for me!"
I myself, with great reluctancy I might add, have actually done this I believe (if memory serves). Why I did it is well beyond me, considering I heard that a young girl would appear next to you in the mirror and kill you (mind you I did it in broad daylight and I did it 4 times but I only spun around 3 times each time). Due to past experiences I am now scared of walking past a mirror at night without a light on which is rather hard for me considering there is one in every third room.

Soulicro said:
Theres something Id really like to believe in... and thats the wheejie board... but every time Ive done it one of us was moving it... and I know because I personally catched them do it...
My ex had one, apparantly told her she would die in 5 months, car crash and she would be driving the car if you want detail, funny thing is... She's still alive. But now it's told her 3 years and it's nearly been one.

Do I believe in ghosts (spectre's, demons, figues, spirits, lost souls etc.)? Yes, I do. Do I fear them? It depends, what they look like, what they are doing, where they are (in the mirror for example) and what's around them. Past experiences have lead me to believe (my AIM just made a person logging off sound that just scared the absolute **** out of me...(damn you Magus)) that ghosts are real, real as in existent. I can't litterally say that they are real seeing as how no one can actually specify that they can physically harm you, though that doesn't change mine, or anyone elses concept that they can actually harm you, whether it be physically or mentally or something completely unknown to the human mind.

I have seen a ghost in the past standing next to my bed when I woke up at 4 in the morning. Did it scare me? No it did not, whether this be I was too tired to care, yet I remember being extremely awake at the time, I stared at it for a good 10 seconds before blinking twice, one a short blink and the second a longer one and it was still there smiling at me. It was only untill I completely turned my head so it was out of my vision that it went away. Various unexplainable occurances have happened to me recently, though these I blame on other things which I do choose not to get into.

Honestly, did I fear ghosts back then? No I didn't because I could not understand what it was, simply put. Am I afraid of them now, yes I am. I am scared to death of them simply because I do not know what they are capable of. They could just stand there and pull faces at you, provided they have one, or they could very well be able to harm you or even kill you. Humans are afraid of what they don't understand, we are afraid of what we don't know.

Ghost could just be dead people bored out of their minds and looking for friends to chat with, they could be lost souls set out to wander aimlessly for the rest of eternity, dead people seeking vengence for what someone else had done to them or even just looking to appologise for something.

Again, would you be scared of a little girl standing in your living room smiling at you? Yes, you would prolly **** yourself, but after a few minutes you would probably consider letting curiosity get the better of you provided "it" was still there. But at the same regard, if you saw a little girl, decapitated and covered in blood standing in your living room or even holding a weapon of any sort, your would scream your head off and run around unill it went away.

My personal theory; ghosts are real, whether or not they can harm you has yet to be decided in my mind, though I would never risk it. In my mind after you die, you have several choices, 1). Heaven or Hell, to be decided by fate alone. 2). To enter Heaven or Hell or become reincarnated or to become a ghost, which too is possibly decided by God or Satan. That is one of my theoies for death, I have a couple more but if you really wanna know 'em PM me.

Retired
Best answers
I have no idea, I always say I don't believe in ghosts..but I don't want to mess around with summoning demons and stuff like that. also I may have had an experience once, but I still think I was half a sleep when that happened.

I was lying in my bed, then suddenly heard a voice whisper 'help me.. please help me..'

and I was like 'some pathetic guy trying to scare me outside'..then I got up and got a glass of water. then went back to bed, and it was gone..

however when I woke up and fully realized what i heard, I figured..'it's impossible to have someone standing outside whispering 'help me please' when you're on the 2nd floor and with no window open whatsoever..so that kinda freaked me out. but like I said, I think it was just me sleeping halfway ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont beleave in ghost in the way you know, i bleave more that the matrix is real.
ghosts are just failed files or old files without a purpes, so they hide by camo they file.
the matrix isn't perfect, even the matrix has bug's(not so mutch but they come and leave)

nZ

Best answers
Thinking back on my past , i can remember a few experiences ive had, when i was about 9 , i wz in america at the time and i woke up at like 4pm and next to me was a lamp and there was a face of a boy about my age at that time, he wasnt looking at me , but after about 2 seconds wen he saw me look at him , he turned his head and disappeared as if he was scared of me, but i dno if i wz just half asleep or not , but there wz deffinately sumthing there.

And another time my cousins wer at me home and she tried to get into the toilet but the see couldnt open the door as if sumthing wz holding it back, and he asked me to open it, so i tried but it wz rele hard and it waznt even locked! I me and my cousin cud both hear humming noises in there but the light was off, so with one last attempt i smack the door open and nuthing was in there , me n my czn wer like wtf?

And if that was 2 ppl somehow i dont think the mind plays tricks at the same time , and ghosts wernt even on our mind at the time , i thought it wz sum kinda of burgular so i was like GET TEH **** OUT lol, our windows r locked in there and too small for any1 to climb in to so we thought that was kinda freaky.

And another time i wz rnd me m8s house , n in his room suddenly it went cold (no windows open) then in sequence his poster fell down , then his alarm clock randomly went off and his door smacked shut and the lights flickered , i kinda act weird wen im ****ting my self i try n over come it by going on a rage so i shouted **** OFF rele loud , n my m8s mum had a go at me lol no but rele it wz seriously freaky coz we swore we cud feel a presence in there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
ghosts are illusions made in your mind, you see things even when you dont want to.
i beleave more that this is the matrix, so the ghosts could be hidden files or files that is supose to be deleated.
i dont beleave in ghosts but i beleave in a way to make your mind seperate from your boddy without dieing.
Err? I've never heard of multiple illusions.. If 5 people are in a room and witnesses the same thing, you cannot call it an illusion, now can you..? And remember.. Ghosts are just as believable as Matrix, perhaps more so.

Best answers
I believe in ghosts, kinda, maybe....

Theres one in my house, I was talking to my mom around like, 1am, and she told me that everyone that came to our house basically "felt" this woman's presence, in various places in the house, and, I have too o_O.
But, my mom told me that this wasn't an "angry" spirit, so to speak, but a mother that stays at the house and "protects" the family of the house, as if it were her own.
I'm cool with that, I guess :eek:

Two incidents have occured in my house, other then the "feeling" of it, and those were :
!) My dad woke up in the middle of the night, and saw someone staring at both of my mom and dad at the end of the bed, just staring, then dissappeared.
2) This happened to me, and it freaked me out >_< I was sleeping, having my arm inbetween two pillows sleeping on my side, I had my hand sticking out of the two pillows, and some time later (I presume I was asleep and dreaming, but somehow I visualised it all, or maybe I'm bs'ing and it was all a dream, whatever) some ethereal hand (just a hand, no arm, no body) grabbed my hand.
I felt this hand, and immediatley woke up, feeling a cold chill throughout my body...After that I just layed down with my eyes closed and hoped I went to sleep >_<

Perhaps she was shaking my hand to say welcome? :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said before, I have never seen anything that could prove ghosts exists....on the other hand, though this may sound unbelievable, I'd really like to see one / experience something not from this world. Frightening as it would probably be, I would at least have an answer. I'd really like to believe, I really do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom