Do you belive in aliens?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its possible to have other forms of life exist in the universe, but how intelligent they are is the question.

Though I doubt there are highly intelligent lifeforms out there with gravity defying ships and super advanced technology.

Best answers
The Big Bang Theory is completely scientifically true. The Universe is still expanding and if you really think about it...

Some stars are older than the universe. So there might be a mother universe? I don't know :p

Anyway, life in space?

Yes.

Intelligent life?

Maybe.

Has more faith in their own race?

**** yes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
funnily enough that is what we humans do to animals (of course scratching out the lightyears part)

i am not trying to dispute you but theres alot more scientific ways than you would think, such as observing the rapid expansion of the universe suggesting that it started moving driven by an intense explosion
Actually there are just as many ways to prove it didnt. For example the big bang theory says: All the matter in the universe was compacted into a small ball and rotated at an incredibly fast rate. It then exploded. If this happend, wouldnt all the planets turn in the same direction? At the moment I think 3 planets and several moons turn in diffrent ways and sircel planets in diffrent ways. Also, why is the univers lumpy (galaxys)? If there was one big bang wouldnt it be evenly spread out?

Im going to read up on this. Its getting me all curious about space and stars and stuffs.

nge

Best answers
I believe that it would be phenominally unusual if we were alone in this "never ending" universe. I hate it when people say that it doesn't exist because we haven't seen other lifeforms yet. Why do all aliens either have to be technologically superior and knowladgeable about the entire universe like the back of their hands, or dumb as rock and violent as we accidently discover them? The odds of running into other life are nearly non-existant at this point, and the odds that they're technologically superior/inferior are just as low as them being the same- it's possible either way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Humans are the master race. Thats why everyone wants a piece of us.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Humans are the master race. Thats why everyone wants a piece of us.
Quoted for truth. I tend to do this a lot with your posts.

Best answers
Yeah, I almost always agree with whatever the hell Zeonix says.

I dont know how someone can think that there arent aliens in the universe, I mean, its so massive. Do you think that we were put on this planet and given the whole universe to explore and no one else can live on it, No. It'd be nearly impossible for us (humans) to travel throughout the whole universe, there isnt a ship big enough or enough fuel to do that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
Some stars are older than the universe. So there might be a mother universe? I don't know :p
Wouldn't there be a daddy universe? How do they do it? o_O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When Super-Luminal travel becomes possible for us (and it will since it's already been proven that the speed of light isnt the fastest speed in the universe) we still won't be able to travel throughout the universe. The universe is almost infinite.

Although an almost-infinite universe makes it possible for intelligent life to develop, it also makes it harder for anyone to get to us. That is, of course, assuming that there isn't any intelligent life within a 100 light year radius (which I have some doubts about...).

With the death of Mr. Miagi, finding intelligent life is going to be much harder. Why? He was Yoda. How will we know where the other yoda guys are? When will Xena marry Hercules? And when will Superman realize the Dark Side is so much more fun? All that and more in period.

Edit-heil: Which star/s is/are older than the universe?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is real aliens. They come across the border every day.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightTerror said:
I believe in aliens, I have a few mexicans in my school. J/K ^_^, I know mexicans are just a myth
@ KWS: He beat you to it o_o.

I also find NightTerror's post extremely offensive. I demand action be taken.
I like cats

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
It'd be nearly impossible for us (humans) to travel throughout the whole universe, there isnt a ship big enough or enough fuel to do that.
The problem isn't exactly having a large enough ship, or enough fuel, but the incredible distances. (I don't mean to pick on you Walmart, but I wanted to clear this idea up, as I've heard it before. =P) The only time a significant amount of fuel is required is when the ship fights against a planet's atmosphere on launch (and possibly a good amount on landing, depending on the method of landing). Navigation through space itself takes very little fuel, only to rotate the ship to follow the flight path; an object moving on a straight course in space, baring any gravitational interaction, will continue to do so indefinately, in theory. Actually, a few of our early probes (Voyager, Pioneer) are coming upon their exit of our solar system. Voyager 1, launched in 1977, is the most distant human-made object in the Universe, at 8.7 billion miles from the Sun.

Getting back on track, that leads to the real problem. Distance and time. The size of the Universe is seemingly infathomable. It's so large, we don't even know if it's infinate or not. (I personally don't believe it is, but if it isn't, is it a sphere? Does it "wrap around" itself like a good ol' 2D sidescroller? I couldn't give a good answer.) Voyager 1 was launched 28 years ago, and is just now leaving our solar system. Your lifespan would expire millions of times over on a trip to a neighboring galaxy. There's a large variety of solutions to that problem, such as cryogenic freezing, biodome-type ships able to sustain entire communities for an indefinate period of time, instantaeous teleportation (wormholes, etc), and many others.

So, therein lies the problem. Thinking mathematically, there almost have to be other intelligent civilizations out there. The problem is, given our lifetimes and methods of travel and communication, will we ever meet them?

Carl Sagan said:
If we are alone in the Universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Life probably already exists in our own solar system. Arthur C. Clarke seems convinced that Mars is capable of sustaining life and hes NEVER wrong. Never. So says me.

Things like this are also very interesting. Some kind of glass tube on mars stretches for about a mile.

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/ab1_m04/jpegmaps/M0400291.jpg

Its all the way on the bottom though. Nasa hasn't said much about it.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2448/arthur1wd.jpg

More pics and a quote from Mr. Clarke. What does this have to do with aliens? Maybe nothing. Maybe something. But its neat. We also just found evidence of water on Mars. Water is the one thing we believe all life needs to exist, and there it is on Mars. The foundation of life. If we can find any kind of bacteria or something on Mars, scientists will be 100 times more willing to believe intelligent life exists somewhere as well.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_water_story_000620.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4094437.stm

So either water was once on mars or water is still on Mars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.

Not like ET.. But with all those planets, somethin's gota be there.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't really believe in "aliens", but the fact that we are the only living thing on the earth is something i seriously doubt. But i believe when i see, many (or perhaps all) websites are a total fake.

Best answers
Yeah, all websites are SUPER FAKE :devil: , but there must be a true website that has pictures of living thinks in space.

Anyway mabe aliens are spying earth, they can fly thought all the earth in few secs, when the power of the spaceship is out, then they could land to the woods and turn power of spaceship, so they can explore and explore. :paper:

But, althought not mutch people knows true, i don't know actually too, but i saw somethg like that. O_O

Best answers
Skyrider said:
... but the fact that we are the only living thing on the earth is something i seriously doubt..
That's good. I'd hate to think you don't acknowledge dogs, cats, plants, and all those other things...

Best answers
Unicelular beings on another planet would still categorize as extraterrestrial life.
So it's not really a question of if but of where.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there are just as many ways to prove it didnt. For example the big bang theory says: All the matter in the universe was compacted into a small ball and rotated at an incredibly fast rate. It then exploded. If this happend, wouldnt all the planets turn in the same direction? At the moment I think 3 planets and several moons turn in diffrent ways and sircel planets in diffrent ways. Also, why is the univers lumpy (galaxys)? If there was one big bang wouldnt it be evenly spread out?
planets were developed after the big bang, my own theory is that the galaxies didnt just appear they were formed, if you read the seperate theories alot say that they came out of the mass of energy but if that really did happen it would be obliterated so that once again raises the question "how did the big bang actually happen." im getting off topic again...

i love theoretical science so if you guys would like to know more about (which i seriously doubt you would) the big bang, central point theories, or wormholes something along those lines you can make a seperate thread for now lets keep the thread on topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom