DLing Files in Console?!?!?

Best answers
y0, I've been away from playing ESF for awhile untill i decided to start playing again. When I installed ESF 2.0, everything goes smooth until i join a server. When I get to the Intializing and Downloading part in console, I start to DL all these weird models (example: Janemba.mdl, Gotenks.mdl, Megatron.mdl, SSJ3 Gokou.mdl, etc, etc) that I KNOW are not in ESF 2.0. Can someone tell me why I have to DL these things EVERYTIME I join a server!!! I connected after about 20min of DLing stuff that isn't used in-game, and I shouldn't have to DL this stuff everytime but apparently it doesn't save it all to the esf folder!!! Can someone PLZ tell me if I need to install something (a bot program?) so I won't have to spend all this time just to connect? THx!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is this virus thingy that's makin u get all this stuff!! Although, don't worry!! This virus isn't harmful!! It just makes you d/l all this stuff!! I believe the file is called phe4rcity.res or something!! Just delete it, and make sure your cl_download is set to 0!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes its a virus simple as that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Antoine3323
Just delete it, and make sure your cl_download is set to 0!!
isn´t it ´cl_allowdownload "0"´ and ´cl_allowupload "0"´ in the config.cfg?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the default button for the console is ~
Altho, make sure that in the command line of ure shortcut that it has -console!!

Best answers
could u tell me where to look for that file cause i cant find it when i use windows search.

and do i open config.cfg under esforces or do i type that into consol?

*edit* ok i found the file and its [ph34r]City.res

Best answers
ok can some1 point me to a program that will let me open the config.cfg file?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the config.cfg is a simple text file
you can open it with the editor

Best answers
when i cklick on IRC it says disabled, due to ecessive cpu load, can you tell me what that means and how i can get into IRC??:]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom