Ditch Kazaa now! (See thread for further details)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my guess is that they have been monitoring this kind of activity for quite some time. i mean they didnt satrd keeping an eye on this kind of stuff yesterday. and ive downloaded stuff recently using kazaa and i havent gotten a message like that site explained.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well if they don't get you today, tomorrow, this year or whatever, then they'll get you someother time.... and you won't like getting sued by some major motion picture company, they'll suck you dry!

Best answers
Why should you stop using kazaa because Univsersal Studio’s is supposibly monitoring it?
Ever saw how many kazaa user there are? Yes millions!
And besides they can't do anything if you live outside America.
I say keep using kazaa and stop listening to people who yell "fire fire" because of little things.

Best answers
O_O

Okay lol, I'm sorta surprised I thought that this would happen but I never though it already happened. I want to be safe but I want my KaZaA :cry:

*huggles mp3 folder*

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes but unfortunatly i live right here in florida, which is in the us. universal studios is only like 100 miles from where i live.o_o
so i may be an easier target from them.:scared:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I just uninstalled it, I dont want the feds knowing about any other... illegal activities of mine....

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well I uninstalled it, there are more ways.

I don't want the risk of getting sued or disconnected by my host.

Best answers
I uninstalled it. I don't want to goto jail... for... stuff.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to be an encoder for Kazaa files, I stopped about 1 month ago because of the possibility of prosecution.

I haven't used kazaa/kazaa lite ever since. I suggest the same to all other p2p users, it's evil... especially if you live at university/college campus.

Best answers
Its sad that instead of spending there money on investigating criminial that kill, or sell massive amount of drugs worldwide, but they rather bust some kid for downloading a file. Nevermind music and multimedia type enterainment was based off of the love for the art, now complain that they're not making their 10 billion a year. I am sure there far more talented people making alot less and are happy.
I find this whole thing a bunch of crap.

but in the end stealing and stealing. I just wish the world could boycott those industries for a while thought, and make them realize where the target income is coming from.

Best answers
They can only bust you for hosting the files.

Its true, they are trying very hard to crack down on these sort of things, but they are only going to further evolve the world of pirating copyrighted material. It can not be stopped, sadly.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Originally posted by Epedemic_Optikz
heheheh you won't get problems like this with iMesh. iMesh.com :]
IMesh is being monitored as well

And you are breaking a rule buddy, you're promoting warez.

Best answers
Originally posted by Cookster
They can only bust you for hosting the files.

Its true, they are trying very hard to crack down on these sort of things, but they are only going to further evolve the world of pirating copyrighted material. It can not be stopped, sadly.
so your saying its ok to download but not host them? in other words take them out of your shared folder after you download them? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wahhhhhhh! Where will I get my music...and....other...things?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Canada it is actually legal to make a copy or get "back ups" if you already own the product or item. Now there is now way for them to know what I own. Also Americans cant do anything if you are not part of there system when it comes to the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom