Different Sprites for Each Char

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the Title says it all.

Different Sprites for every char,sure it would raise the file size, but who cares ?^-^

Cause i would like to give Gohan an other Sprite for his KHH but then Goku gots the same and cell, and that just not nice.

Well you get the point... o_O

Best answers
Yeah That would be good for customiseing play more buuuuuuuuuut...
Would it lag more?
If no , then Wonderful idea!
If yes , Screw that...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope it wouldnt Lagg.

But if they made that every char got his own sprites then they should also make an folder in the Sprite Folder, esf/Sprites/*charname* so you dont have to search long for the Sprites when you wanna change them.

Best answers
ohhh i like this idea, i think that would be great, and im sure that wouldnt be to hard to do, maybe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah i dont think that it would be too hard to make, and the file size wouldnt increase that much too.

But it would be alot better with having char Sprites folder (esf/sprites/*charname*)
then Goku could have an Red KHH with an custom made sprite and Krillin still had his blue one ,for example.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent idea, I think they should do this for the aura models as well, it would only increase the file size by (ohnoes!) 10mb...maybe 15mb at most? Big deal, and it wouldn't lag at all and I highly doubt it will be hard at all to code in :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, thats also a good idea with the aura,
so every char could really be unique then with his own style of sprites and aura.
:yes:

Best answers
i agree, its one thing i'm not as keen on about esf, that half the sprites are the same for each character etc. i like this idea.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would that slow progress down ?
Its not like they have to write an Big code for that, and on release with this idea they could use the sprites and auras where they used beofre, its just that peeps could change them when they wanted for every char

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
This would've helped make the Broli pack better too as not everyones Aura would get bigger. I think this idea is good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it would slow down v1.3's progression by more than another week, it's just a slight alteration of the code so that the game accesses and loads different sprite files rather than the same sprite file.

Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
Why would that slow progress down ?
Its not like they have to write an Big code for that, and on release with this idea they could use the sprites and auras where they used beofre, its just that peeps could change them when they wanted for every char
Have you even made an animated HL Sprite? Animation alone takes forever!. Not to mention the fact that the bar has risen considerbly from 1.2 > 1.3, so the sprites are gonna have to be twice as good. Redoing sprites for each individual character would take around 1-2 Months. Especially given the fact we all have a million other things to do ^_^;.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You could still use the same ones for each character but by making them seperate you could have 2 people doing different Kamehamehas or something. For example, you have an SSJ4 Goku model and you want it to have a Red kamehameha to simulate the Jubei KHH, you could replace Goku's one so he has the new sprite but still have Krillin, Gohan, and Cell doing blue KHHs. Same with auras.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Griffnix said:
i agree, its one thing i'm not as keen on about esf, that half the sprites are the same for each character etc. i like this idea.
It makes sense to have the sprites the way they are now. Why have separate ones, if the same one is going to be used by two or more characters.
I do get where ssjgoku83 is coming form with his idea, but it doesnt make sense to create duplicate files of the exact same thing, just so people can customize the mod to their likings.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Well it also means that the team can give them different sprites/auras in later releases (1.4 etc) to add to the eye candy if they wanted to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only question left is: Whats left to do after 1.3?(besides CTDB:))
Iike this idea but i dont think it will get in for 1.3.
it will require creating, animating, coding (not much, but still), and beta testing.
If they just copy the main files to all the sub folders then creating and animating goes down.
But remember, They still have to create and animate the main sprites. You do want a new release sometime before other mods come for HL2 and all... don't you?

Best answers
Orbit said:
The only question left is: Whats left to do after 1.3?(besides CTDB:))
Iike this idea but i dont think it will get in for 1.3.
it will require creating, animating, coding (not much, but still), and beta testing.
If they just copy the main files to all the sub folders then creating and animating goes down.
But remember, They still have to create and animate the main sprites. You do want a new release sometime before other mods come for HL2 and all... don't you?
And no offence but I'm pretty damn sure New HL2 Mods for DBZ wont have THAT much better GFX unless they really work on it (witch will run over after 1.3 has been released) nor will they as developed as ESF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom