Votes: 0 0.0%
  • used 2, but now im clean...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MatiasG said:
Alcohol messes up the synapses. I've never had Alcohol, Drugs, or a Smoke. I am annoyed by anyone smoking, and if i smell it i put my nose in my shirt and breathe there, i'll smell my armpit if i have to (don't worry, all i smell is my Old Spice). I have asthma too, and i don't wanna agravate it so i will never smoke anything. BTW, never do inhalants, they can kill the first time. Also, drugs are bad, for all of you that are doing drugs (even those who say "i am in control" or "i don't do it all the time") i hope either:
1.) You stop
2.) You are stopped (ex/ get hit by a car)
3.) You have a near death experience and stop

I'm sorry but i cannot stand drug, cigarette, or alcohol consumers.

oh yeah, i forgot, you know whats best for everyone. And of course generalising and stereotyping, ignoring peoples personalities and personal wishes is also the correct way to think. Sorry but no, who cares what drug your on, as long as you make sure your enjoying life, whats wrong? people who abuse drugs and therefore cause themselves harm knew that risk in the first place, and so preaching that its gonna mess them up isnt gonna change their minds, you see you have two types of drug takers:

Abusers
Users

you can go out and have a joint or two with your mates and have a laugh, and its all cool, your not seriously effecting your health (say wat u want i really dont care) and your having fun, whats the problem with that? thats a user.

An abuser, is somebody who will smoke 10-20 joints a day, and get completely caked up as much as possible, or will go out most nights and drunk as possible, and in the proccess slowly eats at their body, destroying it. Hey they can do that, as long as it aint ****in with my life i dont care. Neither should you, because people arent yours, they shouldnt have to do what you want, if they're keeping it to themselves. They're descisions are based on their personality, even if it is self destroying, it is their desscision.

Drugs are just a twist on life, and you know what? on drugs you usually get to see things in a different persective, it broadens your view of the world, you realise things you never knew before, and you can have outstanding times. But of course, with anything, there is always a price to pay, and it also depends on what extent you go to.

The bottom line is, you never know what is best for other people, because in the end, its their decision, and you dont know whats right for them, you can say so, but in reality, you dont know what makes them happy, and all everybody wants is to be happy. Who are you to take it away from them and control their life? who are you to say wether what they do is right or wrong? because people in this world are given free will for a reason, nobody can ever be right about anything, in the end this whole arguement ive just written, is just an oppinion, you may think its wrong, but i think its right, hey im pretty sure whoever disagrees with this, will think this whole post is just a loada twaddle.

Best answers
XXX said:
And ehm Tassadar you say people who smoke marijuana are stupid but marijuana isn't that bad at all (I'm not using any of that shiznit though) as a matter of fact doctors often recommend people to use marijuana as a painkiller.
It does not do any damage to your body.
Of course marijuana does no physical damage, and is most likely the softest drug there is, but, having a lot of stoners as friends, I can see their overall perception and vision is not nearly as sharp as it used to be. Of course marijuana should be legalized for medical and pain relief, but for liesure, or avoiding having to deal with your life, it's not something that should be used.

Best answers
Smith| said:
What's the point of smoking weed then?
I would have thought that one was obvious, cigarettes on the other hand are the most idiotish thing ever. You smoke a pack or two when you're young because of peer pressure (or something similar) then you're addicted to putting tar in your lungs every day for some nicotine hits? Yeah, i sure wanna do that. It's a shame cigarettes can't be banned or classed as a drug, i've lost a few relatives to lung cancer. Now like i said, i only smoke weed at house parties because i choose to. Houseparties are only once or twice a year at the max, not 15 times a day...

Before i tried my first joint i was anti-drug, but i decided to give it a go and well, i enjoyed it. I can't stop coughing for **** afterwards because i don't smoke, but it's a good laugh and at a party that's what you're after. While i'm on the subject i'll also add that i much prefer eating it once it's been cooked into brownies or some other food. You dont get the crap, but your brain cells still die for the high :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you smoke it because "you" choose to or because it becomes a slight addiction, but enough for "you" to want to smoke it again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i was smoking weed a lot no other stuff.
stopped 2 years agoad stayed clean till now

Best answers
I could happily go on with the rest of my life never smoking another joint again, i choose to use the drug because we have a lot of fun when we do. If anything, i'm addicted to having fun in any way, shape or form. Be it drugs or my obsessive gaming, i am completely in control.

Best answers
Just booze and weed here. I smoke weed like once every year and thats just because I forget that I hate it and eventually try it again.

Best answers
The Postmaster said:
Besides if it wasn't a sizeable risk than it wouldn't be illegal!!!
1) I live in holland and here its legal (there goes your theory)
2) Its just a plant it doesn't do half as much damage as a LEGAL cigaret (there goes your theory again)

Marijuana doesn't kill you thats for sure but as tassadar said unless its for medical reasons I don't support it.

Best answers
I cant believe this... There is actually an argument going on that weed isnt all that bad for you?

Are you crazy?

Weed is addictive. If you're not addicted now you'll probably be addicted tomorrow. Weed kills brain cells, and that includes loss of balance, loss of memory, greedyness, delayed reactions (This an go to extreme depths, such as you going to a stoner, saing "yo" and actually have 5-10 seconds go by until he/she says "what? oh hi"), emotional doubts/confuseness (lol, is that even a word?). There are many more harmful things it does to your body, but I cant seem to remember all of them now. Marijuana can kill you because while smoking you had the smoke go into your lungs... this will eventually result in lung cancer.Weed is also classified as a gateway drug - it opens you up to harder drugs. All of you who say you smoke "once a year" and enjoy it, bs - most of the time you dont even get high the first time you do it, it takes 2-3 times of really smoking to get the desired effect.

Weed is often referred to as the lightest/softest drug there is. In reality, its just as worse as other drugs, if not more. Now, dont think Im some kind of angel. I was addicted to cigg. for two months, and I quit. Quitting was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it was well worth it. I am also familiar with drugs - I have done coke once - it was nice, but afterwards I realized I just did coke, got scared ****less, and im never doing it again. Ive done acid once, but without my knoweldge (it was mixed in with weed) and I was rather addicted to weed for about 2-3 months. Towards the end of the 3rd month I realized how its getting hard for me to remember stuff, and how it was pulling me into other drugs I fixed it so that I would get caught. I have also had alcohol two times, and Im not that against it. However, im not really happy about it either. I guess Im what you would call a social drinker. I am now clean, and yes I do have some hilarious memories, but everytime I actually think about drugs I literaly get sick. I wouldnt advise you to start, but at the same time Im happy I went through this experience, and got it over with.

Everybody fighting... Its stupid. Each one of us is titled to our own opinion, its stupid trying to force it on someone else. However, it is important to sound it out. If all the people here who drink looked at Saiyan's post and didnt have any feeling, then IMO thats rather ****ed up. Then again, all of you who had and decided that you should stop... Thats good.

Well... thats my life story and my two extra cents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos said:
I could happily go on with the rest of my life never smoking another joint again, i choose to use the drug because we have a lot of fun when we do. If anything, i'm addicted to having fun in any way, shape or form. Be it drugs or my obsessive gaming, i am completely in control.
Mmhmm, and my mother is in control of her addiction to ciggs, but she just does it because it's a habbit now.

Riiiggghhttt.

You're addicted to the weed, not the fun.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Mmhmm, and my mother is in control of her addiction to ciggs, but she just does it because it's a habbit now.

Riiiggghhttt.

You're addicted to the weed, not the fun.
Hey Smith| you know what, honestly, shutup. This thread wasn't made so you can come into it and criticize the choices other people have made during the course of their lives. What are you, the weed-nazi? I didn't think so, just keep your opinions to yourself from now on, as you've already voiced them enough through-out this thread, but it stops NOW.

Next person I see criticizing someone else gets this thread closed in their name and a nice warning to go along with it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have never once in my life smoked a cigarette. Done any form of drugs., drank any form of alcohol. i dont know about you. but i dont want to kill my self faster than i already am. Life is short enough as it is. i dont need drugs and stuff to speed that up.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Clean as a (Insert something clean here)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clean as a wistle? :p though if you blow in a wistle then i suppose its not so clean now is it? unless you consider a spit shine clean. so lets go with "Clean as a waxed car on a sunny saturday afternoon"

The Postmaster

T
I'm with Fire Phoenix life is short don't go out of your way to make it any shorter.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
I cant believe this... There is actually an argument going on that weed isnt all that bad for you?

Are you crazy?

Weed is addictive. If you're not addicted now you'll probably be addicted tomorrow. Weed kills brain cells, and that includes loss of balance, loss of memory, greedyness, delayed reactions (This an go to extreme depths, such as you going to a stoner, saing "yo" and actually have 5-10 seconds go by until he/she says "what? oh hi"), emotional doubts/confuseness (lol, is that even a word?). There are many more harmful things it does to your body, but I cant seem to remember all of them now. Marijuana can kill you because while smoking you had the smoke go into your lungs... this will eventually result in lung cancer.Weed is also classified as a gateway drug - it opens you up to harder drugs. All of you who say you smoke "once a year" and enjoy it, bs - most of the time you dont even get high the first time you do it, it takes 2-3 times of really smoking to get the desired effect.

Weed is often referred to as the lightest/softest drug there is. In reality, its just as worse as other drugs, if not more. Now, dont think Im some kind of angel. I was addicted to cigg. for two months, and I quit. Quitting was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it was well worth it. I am also familiar with drugs - I have done coke once - it was nice, but afterwards I realized I just did coke, got scared ****less, and im never doing it again. Ive done acid once, but without my knoweldge (it was mixed in with weed) and I was rather addicted to weed for about 2-3 months. Towards the end of the 3rd month I realized how its getting hard for me to remember stuff, and how it was pulling me into other drugs I fixed it so that I would get caught. I have also had alcohol two times, and Im not that against it. However, im not really happy about it either. I guess Im what you would call a social drinker. I am now clean, and yes I do have some hilarious memories, but everytime I actually think about drugs I literaly get sick. I wouldnt advise you to start, but at the same time Im happy I went through this experience, and got it over with.

Everybody fighting... Its stupid. Each one of us is titled to our own opinion, its stupid trying to force it on someone else. However, it is important to sound it out. If all the people here who drink looked at Saiyan's post and didnt have any feeling, then IMO thats rather ****ed up. Then again, all of you who had and decided that you should stop... Thats good.

Well... thats my life story and my two extra cents.

Its a scientific FACT that weed has no chemical that can get you hooked, however if you have an obsessive personality, then you can become psychologically addicted.

And, how come there has never been a single case of anyone dying from cannabis alone ever? its retarded the propaghanda pumped into people these days.

"Weed is also classified as a gateway drug - it opens you up to harder drugs" this is down to many things you havent even thought of, ive been smoking weed for 4 years now, almost weekly, i never considered doing any harder drugs, you see its down to the person and how they feel, and how intellegant they are.

"Weed kills brain cells" erm not to the extent people think, this was first suggested when the american DEA started their campain against weed, funding the research and overseeing the results, they subjected monkeys to be put in a cage with cannabis smoke blown in for a long time, also with such high amounts of carbon monoxide in the monkies air, im pretty sure that'd be more of a cause for loss of brain cells. This research not only lacks ecological validity, but it was even critised by most respectable science organisations in america. THC, the chemical in weed (i cant spell the full name >_<) in a hormone systhesis and merely tickles some brain cells, which gives of a happy sensation. but then again, i think cucumber knows more about this than me

"Ive done acid once, but without my knoweldge (it was mixed in with weed)"

I dont think so, im assuming you burnt the weed right? well burning LSD destroys the compound, hence, it wont have any effect at all.

"loss of balance" heh, i doubt it, i have a lot of good skater friends, that smoke weed. It dont effect their balance.

"loss of memory" memory loss is in the short term memory, but once the drug is out of the system (about 3 months) it should return to normal. Miller (1956) said that the stm can contain 7,+/-2 "chunks" of information at a time, ive done my psychology course work using my mates as participants, they smoke weed a hell of a lot, and it still came out the same as Millers research.

"saing "yo" and actually have 5-10 seconds go by until he/she says "what? oh hi"" not exclusive to stonners, its your phonnetic memory being proccessed late. or so i believe.

"here are many more harmful things it does to your body, but I cant seem to remember all of them now" you would be refering to the imunipressive effect on the liver? this passes a few hours (depending on dosage) after smoking.

"emotional doubts/confuseness" well i cant argue with that, except like the effect on the liver, it should go away after the THC has stopped effecting the brain, however if the drug is taken often in high dosage, this will be a longer lasting effect, stretching to months in duration.

" Marijuana can kill you because while smoking you had the smoke go into your lungs... " there is conflicting research into this, some say there are four times as many cancer causing chemicals, however there is no evidence of their ever being a singal medical case of cancer caused by marijuana smoking alone.

"most of the time you dont even get high the first time you do it" sorry, if you do it right it should, weed is supposed to take effect within 1 minute of inhaling. If you are inexperienced you should be even more prone to getting stonned.

"If all the people here who drink looked at Saiyan's post and didnt have any feeling, then IMO thats rather ****ed up." sorry, but ive had personal experience of drinking problems, my mother was an alchoholic, and i had to deal with her being drunk and getting into a state everynight, scince i was 11 or 12 when it got really bad, up to last year when she quit. It hasnt put me off drinking, different people do different things, its pretty simple.

Ive written an 8 page essay on cannabis, i know my ****. However if im wrong then tell me.

Best answers
dave there are 'scientific facts' that weed is bad/addictive for you and there are 'scientific facts' that weed is not bad/good for you. Bottom line is that it's bad for some people, and for others its just something to do to have 'fun,' but the fact that weed CAN lead to other drugs and that it CAN cause perception problems and it CAN kill brain cells is more than enough information that I need NOT to do this drug.

Best answers
I'm 100% clean. :D

I'm saving these lips for someone special ;)
Not some stupid stick or prominant beverage.

Drugs aren't something anyone really NEEDS in life. It serves no benefit you can't acquire in better ways, and in the end most drugs do more harm than benefit. Plus I believe it's a sign of recklessness.

However, I dare not judge an ndividual solely on that....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan, i couldnt say more right, the only people i believe can critisise fully are the ones that have tryed it, like a different flavoured soup, you wont try it because its not normal, but how do you know its not going to be nice? you just dont, hence i'll stick to my ideas.

as for alcohol/drugs seriously affecting education, pfft, hasnt bothered me, i managed to pull 4 A's in my gcse's while i was a serious binge drinker/drug taker and passed most of my a-levels a year after while clean, so its obviously affecting me little, in fact, i did my gcse mocks clean, and they were much worse than my results :O

anything beond cannabis is considered addictive and dangerous to me, only other thing i had frequently was magic mushrooms i picked from the nearby fields (only grow in teh british fields :O!!) and by accident now and then harder drugs lined in my stash.

Best answers
Ok. SayianPride I was really affected by your post. I can now see why you have such a strong feeling against people using alcohol. I even think it is logical for YOU to think so, when you experience that sort of stuff and that much i can understand why you are totally against all forms of drugs.

I can even see a resemblance to me, and that scared the hell out of me. WHen i was a few years younger I once was so wasted that on the way home I drove into barbed wire, I still have the scarrs. That was in combination with the usage of pain killers (prescribed by a doctor so not used like a drug or something like that) and I then realized that you can go way to far and should look out for your self when you drink a beer.
So ever since then I drink a little less, and I usually know my boundaries, although sometimes I still surpass them, and get to drunk. The following morning of those nights i always say to myself never again cuz this headache is way to hard...

But in your examples there are everytime people who first of all overdo the alcohol and get drunk (Nothing wrong with that IMO as long as it doesn't happen to often, as long as you keep control) and then get behind a steering wheel which is a horrible fact and kills people, and should be dealt with as hard as possible. For example the idiot who drove into two of your friends should be in jail for a long time.

But last night, while i was drinking a beer with a friend of mine he told me some equal horrifying stories. His first friend died because of a car accident in October, the second one in November, the third one in December!!! All because of car accidents with no drugs involved. THe point i wanna make is that sometimes some people get into to much of this sort of **** and thus get affected by it. Some close themselves for thos harmful things, like you do, some learn from it differently and still do what caused the accident. My friend still drives and sometimes to fast. I don't wanna say that the one is better then the other, I just say that some people deal with it differently.

In the end, IMO, you may use anything you want as long as you don't get really addicted. The bad thing is that sometimes you are addicted before you know it, and some people get very easily addicted. I am not such a person, I used weed like every week for a month and now i hardly do it anymore. Cigars i only do on special occasions and i do drink like twice or three times a week but now do know way better when to stop. And i am not addicted to it, and if you guys think i am then **** you because I am not and you don't know me so you can't say anything about it. I might be addicted to social drinking, but even that is not something I can't limit. I always drink as much as i want to, but sometimes I get persuaded by people to do an extra drink, that is something you might call some form of social drinking addiction, although not as severe as others i know.

And to people saying people who use drugs are stupid. Okay let's state it like this, 99 % of my friends use drugs, alcohol, weed, xtc (not anymore), heroin (not anymore). And of this 99 % of people doing drugs like 85 % is on UNIVERSITY. And in Holland, where I live, University is only for that 4 or 5 % of the top of the class. So they are really not stupid and know what they are doing and next to that are not even addicted. So it is totally retarded to say that you are stupid when you use it because in alot of cases it is not true, althoug in some it is ofcourse.

Alot of it has just got to with a social environment. And not to drink away your feelings or something like that, but just to increase the fun and loosen the bounds so conversations become more lively and more fun. Evenings can turn into very memorable evenings because of conversations that are inspired by drugs or which turn into cool directions because of drugs. Or because of actions that are fun (and not harmful) caused by drugs. Some of the best evenings of my life have had drugs involved. Not to say that because of drugs that became the best nights of my life, but they did have role making the night memorable.

So SayianPride thanks for a new insight into this case, although i do not share your opinion. I like learning new things about stuff I think i know all about. I have got all of the respect in the world for your point of view, but I do think you sometimes try to force your opinion on to other people. Something which isn't strange with your background, but not always good. So try to let people have their own opinions but do give them advice and dont put them down cuz that wont help them.

And I can only say one thing about using any drug, be careful and don't get addicted!!!

PS> If you say you are stupid look at your spelling and stuff like that, I am typing this to fast to be bothered by the exact spelling or grammar of what i am saying. And next to that english is not my native language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom