• Total voters
Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drug free is the way to be...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
90% of ALL dairy farmers use cancer causeing additives to the cows food to make them produce more milk...that means all your milk/cheese/icecream/dairy has some form of additive that can cause cancer...
Yes, but it's been scientifically proven that the small amount that they use is completely harmless to us once watered down through the cow's system.

ALL vegetible farmers put pesticides on their crops to keep bugs from eating them...how do u konw all the chemicals get washed off (even if u cook the stuff and wash it sometimes it still doesnt help)
Yes, even if you didn't wash off all of the chemicals, there wouldn't be enough left to cause any harm what-so-ever. We have some nice cells called white blood cells that devour any foreign substance.

Scientists have also come up with plants that only germinate once...meaning after the first time they produce seeds/fruit/vegetibles they die and dont return...and guess what...the additives that they use to make them that way cause all sorts of diseases...from cancer to brain damage...\
Yes, but once again it has been proven to be completely harmless to us, having no side effects. Eating a plant that only breeds once doesn't sterilize us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pcjoe said:
Drug free is the way to be...
but stoners is the way we'll be :p

as for cigerettes, nasty things, i usedt to have cigars all the time, filthy habit that i quit a while back, a nico rush is pointless as with many things, its addictive and nasty, at least cannabis you have a choice whenever to stop =O

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
del3030 said:
i drink, smoke (NO tobaco), and thats it. why i do it? because i choose to. its just something i do with friends and we always have a good time. yea i know its bad.. but its fun and im 16.. so having fun is whats addicting if you know what i mean.. if not suck it :p
Amen to that. Some dont like drugs, some do, people were given a free mind to decide which. Bashing drug users is just stereotyping, i know a lot of intellegant decent people who take drugs, and who's to say they're right or wrong? in the end it depends on how they want to live their lives, nobody else knows whats best for them. Drugs may not be what you like doing and fair enough, but other people can decide for themselves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Drink regularly with my friends.
I Smoke weed on occasion, not much though.
I smoked Cigarettes for 6 months then quit. Never plan to again. I did it just to prove to my friend that it isn't hard to quit, you just need will power. I'm happy to say that soon afterwards, he quit, and hasn't smoked for over a year now.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
MysticUub said:
these are just SOME examples of the kind of money making bull**** that the govt/producers are comming up with...so just because u dont use drugs/alcohol doesnt mean u are totally safe...
So light up kids, you're screwed either way! ;)

... We aren't saying that by not drinking, smoking or taking drugs you become completely safe. We're just saying that voluntarily poisoning yourself is a pretty retarded way to pass the time.. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well umm...drugs are wierd, if im around one more ciggy it will probally kill me [i dont smoke i just hang around alot of peeps who do], alcohal jsut tastes nasty, and all of the drugs are jsut a stupid excuse to try to break away form the troubles you deal with dayley, which is cowardish. I have never smoked, done drugs, or drank before, i was addicted to a anti-depressent pill once, bu that ended in a day, after all my constant anxiety was cleared up i stoped the pill, didnt need it, I didnt like over dose or anythign i just couldnt wait for the time of day i cause use it. Drugs blow and so do the people who use them, thats all i have to say on the subject.

Best answers
Bolteh said:
alcohol = ****loads of it (vodka and beer)
softdrugs = never
harddrugs = never
smoking = never

and alcohol isnt a drug (its just highly addictive), so... nope, never did drugs
Even though prime already told you :S

Alcohol is actually a Hard drug >_>
The second that over using something can kill you it becomes a hard drug.
As most of you don't know teenagers die ALOT due to over use of alcohol.

So all of you who drink and still think its not a drug.... :warning: ALCOHOL IS A DRUG AND IT CAN KILL YOU :warning:

So be careful kthnxbye

As for me? I'm clean as hell No drugs what so ever :rolleyes:

Alcohol (other hard drugs): 0.0%
Smoking (other soft drugs): 0.0%

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Calling people pathetic, weak and callow because they deal with life in a different way to you is pretty bad in my opinion.
That's not dealing with life, it's running and hiding from it.

Because it was like that since the beginning?
Wine existed sice 2000 BC.
and you think that's good news? That means we have well over 4000 years worth of alcoholism running through our gene pool. Might explain a few things, though. I can think of a certain big book about a magic guy in the sky that would make a lot more sense were history to admit it was written by a bunch of perpetual drunkards.

Brain cells die when you sleep too. Its not a big deal, some have to die so others can take their place.
You don't grow new ones. Some brain cells occasionally get overwritten. Not dead ones, though.

And drinking is NOT anywhere close to sniffing, smoking, needleing, ect NO MATTER HOW you twist it.
Talk to my father sometime, or my cousins. My father doesn't even know his first-born son's middle name...and it's the same as his. He can't tie his own shoes, he gets so frustrated about everything. If the phone rings more than twice, he flies into a huge rage because he can't hear the tv, and he doesn't even realize he's already watched the show 2 or 3 times that day or week. I'd also like you to tell my oldest cousin Raph about how drinking's not so bad. The guy that mowed him down didn't even lose his license, it was so harmless...even after he paralyzed my cousin from the jaw down for the next 30 ****ing years, till he died in the same bed he stayed in since he was a kid. That same ****ing drunk hit my great uncle not two streets away a couple years after Raph finally got put out of his misery...he couldn't even ****ing talk, for christ's sake. He died at 36, and for 30 years of that he couldn't talk. My great uncle survived with a collapsed lung and severe broken bones, but he managed to recover. The SAME ****ING GUY, and he didn't even get so much as a god damn parking ticket. Would you want that kind of guy running free in your town? I'll ask you again in 10 or 20 years when the kid out in the street is your daughter instead of my cousin. Or what about my other cousin Christine, who got pregnant and ruined her whole life in one night. What about my friend Samantha, who killed herself and left her baby to be raised by her mother and father, because she couldn't handle the pressure and drank herself to death?

I won't even talk about the time I WENT through some bastards' windshield and tore my ligaments in my arm. Or how my brother is getting sued cause some ****ing drunk ****er stumbled his ass out onto the highway and walked in front of the car. I won't mention any of the kids from my high school that are dead now. One guy in my old town murdered his wife and step son because he was wasted one night and just decided to do it. He couldn't live with himself after and killed himself. These are the undersides of the small New England town I came from; I don't live there anymore, but the crimes still haunt me. Every town has its little nightmares in the corner shadows, things young people don't see.

I worked for a local newspaper for 8 months doing obituaries, you know. We did papers in six local cities and towns. We had a code for drunk driving deaths--we'd say "he/she died suddenly" as opposed to "unexpectedly." "Unexpectedly" was overdoses. And occasionally, we used "without warning"...for suicides, of course.

Maybe I'll post the obituary I had to write for a kid I knew from High School by the name of Nick Cucchiello. One night he was a little drunk and he ended up flipping his father's SUV over and tearing himself apart. Maybe I should tell you the piece we wrote for the Chelsea paper about the car full of drunk girls who were going around a rotary on ramp for route one and veered off into the trees, where one of them was mercilessly impaled by a tree top branch that tore through the car on it's own weight. The branch stabbed through and punctured her uterus, and came out her abdomen, going on to pop through the roof of the car. My friend Mark's father Ernie Chiaradonna was the chief of the Fire Department there at the time; it was him and his crew who had to save that girl's life. They cut the branch and pulled her out of the wreck 30 feet off the ground, with the branch still in her, and airlifted her to Mass General where they saved her life...but not her uterus. That girl is scarred for life, and will never be able to have kids, and I imagine she'll be suffering all kinds of sexual side effects--assuming she can even HAVE sex after they put her back together.

Working at the paper gave me plenty more horror stories. A lot of them don't go to print. That's why I call it the underside of things. It's "What no one wants to see" as Metallica once put it. Bottom line.

Bah. But what do I know, right? You're absolutely right. Drinking's just fine. No problems there.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I was addicted to anti-migraine medication a while back now that I remember.

A while back in middle school I remember some kids were big into grabbing eachothers throats to pass eachother out to get the unnattatched feeling that unconsciousness brings. I had it happen to me involuntarilly twice...

Hash, that is a hell of an interesting reason to start and stop smoking... Hella interesting.

But yeah, I've never truly felt the need just because I never really wanted to escape reality(Main reason why my friends light up). I seriously dislike it when I am not in complete control of my actions, so even drinking to loosen up is out of the question for me. When it comes down to it, I think of what a good green friend of mine has said in the past about being a martial artist and not putting anything like that into his body. I may not practice the physical part of martial arts, but I do practice the discipline and hope to find the enlightenment it can bring.

So yep, got a few reasons why I wouldn't want to. But as said before, let's not bash eachother for doing/not doing them. That's not the purpose of this thread. Perhaps another thread IF KEPT CIVIL can be made to discuss the wrongness/rightness of doing drugs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was actually really well spoken...especially compared to my nightmarish rant.

Best answers
That's not dealing with life, it's running and hiding from it.
But running from things is just another way of dealing with it. It's like if someone picks a fight with you sometimes the best way to deal with it is to run. The difference is if you lose a fight with life then you're in a lot more trouble than if you lose a fight with a person. I agree that anyone who has the smallest problem shouldn't try and escape from it using drugs, but I would guess that in some cases it's done more good than harm.

Bolteh2

B
.... eating too much can kill you to.. but food aint harddrugs -_-

and i have more problems with ppl smoking normal cigarettes than with ppl who smoke weed btw.... weed is actually healthy.. cigarettes aint... 90% of the ppl on these forums that say they smoke(d) cigarettes prolly started because their friends did it and they thought it was cool... you dont smoke weed cuz its cool or sumthing, you smoke wee cuz it expands your mind and makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside ^^

Best answers
Bolteh you know what I ment to say -_-'

Alcohol slowly damages your braincells so over using it could basically make you become a retard :rolleyes: + over use can kill you :S thats why its hard drugs >_>

And yes food can kill you to but not instantly like alcohol can unless its food poisening :smile:

Best answers
Alcohol messes up the synapses. I've never had Alcohol, Drugs, or a Smoke. I am annoyed by anyone smoking, and if i smell it i put my nose in my shirt and breathe there, i'll smell my armpit if i have to (don't worry, all i smell is my Old Spice). I have asthma too, and i don't wanna agravate it so i will never smoke anything. BTW, never do inhalants, they can kill the first time. Also, drugs are bad, for all of you that are doing drugs (even those who say "i am in control" or "i don't do it all the time") i hope either:
1.) You stop
2.) You are stopped (ex/ get hit by a car)
3.) You have a near death experience and stop

I'm sorry but i cannot stand drug, cigarette, or alcohol consumers.

Bolteh2

B
xxx.... anorexia and bolemy (or however you spell it -> eating too much ;) are both highly deadly diseases... and both have food as cause.. (anorexia even touches braincells to...)

Best answers
SaiyanPride I must say you've gone up a good number of points on my respect scale, I appreciate you defending sanity.
One of the main reasons I don't use drugs is because of my father. He probably dosn't know my first name, nor even if I exist, he sits in a small trailer, drinking his life away, I can't possibly imagine the kinds of drugs he's been using since he left me when I was 5. A few years ago his pancreas exploded, and he lost 10% of his stomach, for a while I thought he might want to see me again, that he would stop abusing drugs and alchohol, but it never happened, my uncle tells me he is still alive but it dosn't really matter much to me anymore, because I know my existance dosn't matter to him.
Another reason is the fact that my sister's brain is similair to that of swiss cheese, mainly because of pot. She used to smoke quite frequently, and I can see it in her driving, her depth perception is absolutly horrible there have been so many times that we would have skimmed a car, we always came 1 inch away, and she has caused damage in the past.
And my final reason is this: look at the people that are actually defending drugs, with the exception of a few, their grammar, spelling, lack of punctuation is horrid. People that smoke marijuana are just plain stupid. You can argue it all you want, but I think if you have to argue over whether or not a drug is bad for you, then it warrents not using it. Plain and simple.

Best answers
Anorexia is when you eat to little because you think your to "fat" so its not over using food its dying from hunger <_< as for bolemy (as you said howerver its spelled) isn't that where you eat as much as you can and then vomit on purpose? because that is eating to little aswell >_>.
And besides you can't compare food and alcohol because food is something we need to survive, if we don't eat we die simple as that but you DON'T need alcohol.

Anyway Bolteh my point was that alcohol infact is a hard drug so lets not continue this pointless discussion about whether food is "deadly" or not.

And ehm Tassadar you say people who smoke marijuana are stupid :S but marijuana isn't that bad at all (I'm not using any of that shiznit though) as a matter of fact doctors often recommend people to use marijuana as a painkiller.
It does not do any damage to your body.

Cigarettes on the other hand do some serious damage to the lungs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course we've all used drugs, unless you've never taken any medication in your life. =P
Illegal drugs? Nope. Not me. I don't need any(more) nasty habits.

The Postmaster

T
Actually, XXX marijuana is quite bad for you. our lungs are designed for one thing and that is filtering oxygen into our blood stream. Anything that is put into our lungs besides air is potentially bad for us especially smoke! Besides if it wasn't a sizeable risk than it wouldn't be illegal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom