Devil May Cry, Reboot!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously man, the more I look at the difference, the sadder I get. Look at this!

That's supposed to be the same person.. what the hell.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I want to know is where did the Jazzy class go in this game?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just, NO!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jones added that part of the redesign also has to do with "making the game relevant to the current times."
I can haz vampire Dante?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If Capcom thinks that this change will bring them more sales i laugh at them.

This game will bring the fall of Devil May Cry unless the in-game lore explains why he is this way or if he turns back the way he was half-way through the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in the trailer he does have a patch of white hair on the back of his head. So they might explain something. But it seems like too big a difference to try and retcon.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was gonna say something but seeing the reception here, i will save myself the effort. Am neither for nor against the new Dmc. I too am really skeptic about it but i prefer to give them a chance. If they don't win us over when the game releases like they said... well, either they'll be forced to continue the old one or go bankrupt.

I really liked Dante, still don't see the need to change him so much. But i guess drastic reboot calls for drastic changes. The thing is, atleast "gameplay"-wise he's still as awesome as he was, albeit a bit too serious maybe. So Capcom, you'r taking a big risk with this, so... DONT MESS IT!!!

Edit: I just contradicted myself up there! :p

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, initially I think he looks like a jackass, and I don't like where they're going with this reboot. I do, however, have confidence that they can still make a solid game out of it. I'll be waiting for gameplay videos and more insight on the storyline.

EDIT: Ok, I wrote that before I saw the video, and after watching, I honestly don't know what people are complaining about. It looks pretty sweet, but since it was a small teaser I will stay reserved until we see more.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EDIT: Ok, I wrote that before I saw the video, and after watching, I honestly don't know what people are complaining about. It looks pretty sweet, but since it was a small teaser I will stay reserved until we see more.
I was upset when I saw Dante's new reboot. Everything Origin said about questions unanswered makes a reboot completely unnecessary as a fan.

Will the game be fun? Probably. But that's not the point of the complaint.

"Dante looks like a ***". That was my initial reaction. After a couple of minutes I thought "he looks like Adam Lambert". And he smokes. Dante has a cartoony sense of ****iness and charm, not this angsty, cigarette smoking, punk/emo kid. And it really bothers me that he has a cigarette because that doesn't really seem like something he'd do.

However it is unfair to compare him the more mature DMC4 Dante. They are going for an origin story which I think is interesting, what with his hair white at the top of his head. If we were to compare him to DMC 3 where is young and it lays the foundation of the his "Devil May Cry" business and what happens to Virgil.

THIS is Dante

[video=youtube;jtiXwvni6ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtiXwvni6ng[/video]

So seeing him take out some (cool looking I admit) demons and slam a car down does not impress me. Someone new to DMC may say "hey pretty cool!" but seeing that ******* try to fill Dante's image is maddening.

I was hoping we'd see a DMC5 where they learned form the variety of attacks in Bayonetta and made a new DMC5 with little to no backtracking.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[/COLOR]
Ok, initially I think he looks like a jackass, and I don't like where they're going with this reboot. I do, however, have confidence that they can still make a solid game out of it. I'll be waiting for gameplay videos and more insight on the storyline.

I agree really. Being from the 80's I see this guy as more of a head kicker, docs & punk - in the fashion of the cure and the like.

I think I said this before, but anyone that thinks the know the "characters" of dmc are silly- because the voice acting dub thus far has been so butchered and B grade it all sounds like childish ****. In fact the current "young dante" is cringe worthy, some of the **** he comes out with ffs, it's worse than re4.

-whereas if you play the jap version it's more like some anime. Fairly convincing and serious, but still a bit silly.

Like I don't know how many Americans notice how **** the voice acting is in all your games- you might be immune to your own accents. But to the rest of the english speaking world it's pretty silly. It's almost like the guy that did the dub for bleach is every protagonist ever.

One Piece, Naruto and Dragon ball all go to America and get turned into silly kids cartoons and it's almost like the Japanese games get the same treatment too...

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[/COLOR]

I agree really. Being from the 80's I see this guy as more of a head kicker, docs & punk - in the fashion of the cure and the like.

I think I said this before, but anyone that thinks the know the "characters" of dmc are silly- because the voice acting dub thus far has been so butchered and B grade it all sounds like childish ****. In fact the current "young dante" is cringe worthy, some of the **** he comes out with ffs, it's worse than re4.

-whereas if you play the jap version it's more like some anime. Fairly convincing and serious, but still a bit silly.

Like I don't know how many Americans notice how **** the voice acting is in all your games- you might be immune to your own accents. But to the rest of the english speaking world it's pretty silly. It's almost like the guy that did the dub for bleach is every protagonist ever.

One Piece, Naruto and Dragon ball all go to America and get turned into silly kids cartoons and it's almost like the Japanese games get the same treatment too...

Good one. Now you sound like an idiot, because there is no Japanese Voice actor for Dante in the games. There IS for that one Devil May Cry anime.

The Japanese version of Devil May Cry contains English audio, only. A real fan of the series would know this.

Voiced by (English) Drew Coombs (Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe)
Matthew Kaminsky (Devil May Cry 2)
Reuben Langdon (Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, Marvel vs. Capcom 3[1] and Devil May Cry: The Animated Series)
Voiced by (Japanese) Toshiyuki Morikawa (anime)
I agree with you that 95% of animes sound better in English, and even that 5% is generous, but Devil May Cry has always been a game series with English VA. I love his English VA, too. He sounds just how you'd expect him to be. Especially in the first Devil May Cry, he's deep, emotional, and has a nice sense of baddassery.

[video=youtube;TFBAws00BEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBAws00BEM[/video]

Notice how it cracks on "LIIIIIGHT", that is a sense of true agony that many actors can't get right. It's not him being a poor VA, it's him emoting how much his character is hurting.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I read some of that

"The old design for Dante isn't 'cool' anymore"

What the ****? Does the generation below mine really think Dante isn't badass? If so, I've lost all hope...I mean...Avatar is the highest grossing film in history...yeah...this generation is borked.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose they better swap out the Dante in Marvel vs Capcom 3 for this uber dude.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I read some of that

"The old design for Dante isn't 'cool' anymore"

What the ****? Does the generation below mine really think Dante isn't badass? If so, I've lost all hope...I mean...Avatar is the highest grossing film in history...yeah...this generation is borked.
I remember thinking Dante looked feminine when the first game came out.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember thinking Dante looked feminine when the first game came out.
[video=youtube;5pWvKx1x1pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWvKx1x1pk[/video]

Had to do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He reminds me of Gambit in that video for some reason.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;5pWvKx1x1pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWvKx1x1pk[/video]

Had to do it.
Man, Lucifer was such an insanely good weapon if you knew how to use it. Endless combo opportunities with that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom