Devil May Cry, Reboot!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He looks terrible. Also, a reboot is completely unnecessary.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dante looks so much like a *****.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I got it! Let's 'reboot' the Devil May Cry series with a character named Dante, but let's make him look totally different. Oh, and let's make him emo/punk to attract other gamers!"

Really, now. Of all the things that remained unchanged through the years, the main character was the last one that needed changing...
Not that the gameplay is bad or anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I got it! Let's 'reboot' the Devil May Cry series with a character named Dante, but let's make him look totally different. Oh, and let's make him emo/punk to attract other gamers!"

Really, now. Of all the things that remained unchanged through the years, the main character was the last one that needed changing...
Not that the gameplay is bad or anything.
A reboot is a complete makeover of a game. It's a retelling with the similar lore but things go down a different way.

Think of it as an alternate reality.

And I find it funny that people don't like the new dante just because of how different he is. That's the point. Also he isn't liked JUST because he's so different, if the original Dante was this and the original Dante came in the reboot, you guys would still bash and say "it looks like so and so but older". But I digress.

It's still a DMC game and to this day there hasn't been a bad one out yet. I will definitely get this.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, saw this on Guru3D a few days ago. It's so ******* BS. Dante is one of my favorite characters, ever, and here they go, pulling a Devil May Cry 2 again. Also, Raven, you said there hasn't been a bad one yet?

Devil May Cry 2? Universally panned? Most DMC fans regard it as non-cannon, didn't happen, ect...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A reboot is a complete makeover of a game. It's a retelling with the similar lore but things go down a different way.

And I find it funny that people don't like the new dante just because of how different he is. That's the point. Also he isn't liked JUST because he's so different, if the original Dante was this and the original Dante came in the reboot, you guys would still bash and say "it looks like so and so but older". But I digress.

It's still a DMC game and to this day there hasn't been a bad one out yet. I will definitely get this.
The problem isn't that he's different. The problem is that now he's the same. He's every emo-looking archetype out there. If this were the original Dante, I probably would have skipped the series altogether. Why?

Because I'm shallow.

o.0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Say what? Have you played DMC2?

I for one, was particularly excited to see Dante in DMC4 being the mature one. He knows what he is capable of and he knows what he is. I thought it was excellent, going from DMC3 where he's a brash, unexperienced, young man and turn him into a brash, experienced, adult in DMC4. It's nice to see protagonists age with time (Looking at you, Mario.) and I was really looking forward how Dante would be a mentor-figure to Nero and shed light on who or what Nero is.

This reboot is unneccesary because the Devil May Cry story is not complete yet. Who is Nero, exactly? Why is he a spitting image of Dante and Vergil? Why does he have a Demon arm? Why does Nero wielding Yamato spawn a figure that looks like Nelo Angelo? I think most fans of the series want these questions answered and complete the story instead of retelling and reimagining Dante's origin.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Does anyone know the storyline of DMC Reboot ? maybe that explains why he's looking like an 18year-old junky

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is reasoning, a story behind why the young Dante looks so different than his older self.

When pressed for details about the story, Jones was coy.

"There's a lot of Earth still moving under the story, " he said. "It took us a year to deal with character design. We're just getting underway on the story."

He did say that DmC will be an origin story and explained how that impacted the character design.

"Part of the ethos of a reboot or retelling of an origin story is to go back and find out why certain totems of a franchise exist," Jones said, talking about Dante's famously white hair. "We want to tell those elements of the story."

Jones added that part of the redesign also has to do with "making the game relevant to the current times."
http://kotaku.com/5644446/shirtless-and-suspendered-the-dante-that-almost-was

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am guessing Dante is the genetic experiment of mixing Twilight and Devil May Cry 1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh dear Jesus don't you go there. I mean it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry my friend..... Capcom.... What have you done?.... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its cause.... I... went to Evo... this year.... and... got a draw with.... him.... in SSFIV.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom