Destruction!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the imprint from being tossed into buildings is a bit weak as of now. I think, depending on the power of the throw and your distance from the building/ground, that the imprint should be revamped. Maybe use the current one for a weak impact... but a huge indent and cracks running up all over the place for a hard impact. And maybe have destructability for cars... throw a person into a car and it flattens the car into the new model... kind of like the car has a trans (Model 1- Normal Car to Model 2-Destroyed Car)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds nice :p
i realy like the idea

And maby have difrend recovery times if slamed into the ground aswell :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's gonna be some new effects for being smashed into things in 1.3 i'm pretty sure, but "indents" are pretty much impossible with the half life engine.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think hes talking about the sprite.

Best answers
thats sexyh.. i've been thinging smthng like that myself for a some time already ^^ hope this is possible to be added.

Best answers
Ya ive think it always sucked to get smashed or smash someone into a wall with full power and really close, just to see 4 or 5 tiny pebbles fall and a little crack.. I was thinking maybe a sprite explosion with smoke maybe, and as for cars, if you hit an already indented one, they explode with some damage :).

Best answers
well if they made thing between these two opinions that cold be cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But... then again... this idea won't be taken into account... :[

Common guys, I wanna keep this idea alive. I really do want this implimented.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
But... then again... this idea won't be taken into account... :[

Common guys, I wanna keep this idea alive. I really do want this implimented.
Me to cause it would be nice to have difrent impact sprites depending on how fast you hit the wall :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
my suggestion is each caracter to hav it's contour , contur , contore , WTF do u say it (sry) like a sprite so if trunkz hits the wall his ^ ramains in the wall !!! ^^ waddayathink

nge

Best answers
I'm not so sure about a smoke sprite. It'd be nice looking, sure, but it'd also slow down lower end computers. Try taking an old dell system and running through a smoke grenade in couterstrike. You'll see what I mean. (3-4 fps, tops.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really understand
Do you mean that the wall get shaped like the caracter when he hits the wall or something?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He means the mark you leave on the wall should differ depending on how strong you hit it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh is that all?
Well then it's a good idea!
And when you get thrown into water there should be a HUGE splash!!!!!!!!1

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Oh is that all?
Well then it's a good idea!
And when you get thrown into water there should be a HUGE splash!!!!!!!!1
nge just tole u what happens to fps on older comps and you want a huuuuge splash. omg :D

Best answers
Then again, if your trying to play hl on an old computer you cant now can you ^_^ so really most peoples pcs are gonna be up to date (i think) because to even play hl you need a fairly good pc :p

nge

Best answers
Think about it. HL is a really old game. I believe 6-7 years old at this point. If you need a brand new computer to play a mod for a game made for computers 6-7 years ago, odds are there are a few too many extravigant features.

I suppose you could add a variable, such as "cl_dynamicdestruction x" whereas setting the variable "x" to 1 makes it this fancy version you have here and setting the variable "x" to 0 keeps it as currently is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea. I'd like to see some breakables too. Not a lot just a few. So if you get thrown into something it breaks. I know it lags servers and what not. But look at ape_city that has tons of breakables and its very much playable. I just wish they would break easier :(

Thumbs up to the idea.

Thumbs down the to added smoke.

It would also be cool if something like this was implimented: Say there is a big rock (like esf_cell_night) and the rock is breakable. If you get thrown into it and it breaks, you keep going, instead of just stopping right there. That'd be nifty. Again not a lot just a few. That way it doens't lag the server :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)