Deleting long-inactive members' accounts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I mean is delete the accounts of those that have like 4 or 5 posts and have registered in 2003, or even earlier. It's obvious they're not coming back, and even if they did they forgot their username and password. I don't mean banning them, just deleting their accounts so they can register again if they're coming back to ESF 'cause all they do is create confusion (e.g. in the birthday list)

Best answers
you can make multiple accounts on a single ip you know ? so if they forgot the pass they can hit "forgot my pass " and the prob it will be solved. You can make multiple accounts , but you can't be online with them in the same time that's all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
making multiple accounts is only allowed if it is a brother/sister kinda thing, we don't like one person having multiple accounts.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. NO! NO! Seriusly. The amount of administrategical work that would be required to do that would make me go nuts. I'd much rather have names be taken and have the dbase be culttered :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not? There's quite a lot of you guys here, more than I would like in some cases xD. I'm sure there's enough of you to like, delete 3 acc's per day and have the dbase cleaned in less than a month.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Having more than one administrator active at once is pretty rare, bud.

well, more than one admin on active duty, every once in a while you'll see Hsu lurk the boards, but he just reads the WoW threads.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they havent been active since 2003 they arent bothering anyone.

i'd rather ban the people that make the who wuld win teh goku vs frieza/frieza is a *** lezbien/perfect cell vs piccolo/what is broly's power level - threads

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question @ dan_esf_fanatic is, and I think its a perfect legitimate one at that too:

Why does it bother you?

Are the forums slowing up? or do you look at how many posters there are? I just wonder why you think its necessary to start a topic about a subject like this.

And no I'm not flaming him or anything here :D I'm just curious why he asks such a thing.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and mess with the giant e-penis that comes from having such a large userbase
how dare you even think something so godless!
BLASPHEMY!

Best answers
i'd rather ban the people that make the who wuld win teh goku vs frieza/frieza is a *** lezbien/perfect cell vs piccolo/what is broly's power level - threads
Agreed, Powerlevel discussions are the cancer of the Dbz/Esf/Whatever community, along with 12 year olds.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I mean is delete the accounts of those that have like 4 or 5 posts and have registered in 2003, or even earlier. It's obvious they're not coming back, and even if they did they forgot their username and password. I don't mean banning them, just deleting their accounts so they can register again if they're coming back to ESF 'cause all they do is create confusion (e.g. in the birthday list)
I say we delete your account, to me all you do is cause confusion to my face- and other, somewhat similar face.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we ban EVERYONES account, except for Zeonix', so he can plan his world domination alone here on these forums.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
20,877 registered users
0.9% of those registered users are active (estimate)
0.9% of 20,877 is 188.
188 is the number of registered users still active.

(Keep in mind that the percentage of active users is an estimate)

That's a lot of work for one administrator to do.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
besides "20.877 registered users" looks much better then "188 registered users" ;P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only here would people be so ignorant as to believe that 21,000 (yeah, I rounded, so what?) individual people would be registered on a message board for a Dragonball Z modification for an outdated game. Wake up, more than half of these accounts belong to the same people who have forgotten their passwords, or were simply too lazy to ask for their names to be changed. I, myself, had like 3 accounts back in the day (although I think Pain deleted those, after yelling at me over AIM, and then forgiving me).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we ban EVERYONES account, except for Zeonix', so he can plan his world domination alone here on these forums.
I wholeheartedly agree (if I had a heart, anyway; still using vacuum tubes).

There's no point in deleting 20,689 accounts, unless you're going to leave 300 accounts, in which case every Friday we have to re-enact "300".

Dibs on King Leonidas.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a lot of work for one administrator to do.
Yes, that would be a lot of work for me to do ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question @ dan_esf_fanatic is, and I think its a perfect legitimate one at that too:

Why does it bother you?

Are the forums slowing up? or do you look at how many posters there are? I just wonder why you think its necessary to start a topic about a subject like this.

And no I'm not flaming him or anything here :D I'm just curious why he asks such a thing.
Well several reasons. One of them is the birthday list. I check it quite often (damn I want to be the one to make birthday threads xD) and most of the time it's filled with inactive noobs that joined in 2003 with the names SSJGOKUH4XOR and similar. It's really irritating. Second, it's not like it doesn't take up space on the forums, and it provides inaccurate information about members, as MC said, 20000 users registered, only 190 of them active. That kind of stuff just bothers me, dunno why. And I don't feel at all flamed and insulted by this xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom