Dedicated Server question

Best answers
Does anyone have a link to install Half Life dedicated server?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

or rather how do you install it from steam?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On STEAM simply select it, rightclick and press download & install.

Best answers
well i tried to launch a dedicated srvr and i got a fatal error: "Cache_TryAlloc: 1793008 is greater then free hunk"
any ideas?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not enough free RAM.

You are probably using ECX right. Remove a couple of the character AMXX files. Should fix the problem.

Best answers
thanks Grega I just took off the big pack 8.4 and it works now, only thing is it shows that the server is up and running but it doesnt appear on the list. I knw the problem isnt my ports b/c i host games all the time. And its set on internet.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
make a .txt file with notepad, name it steam_appid, open it and type the number 70 in it, save it and put it in your ESF folder.

This fix should have been stickied in the help section long ago. I'm not sure why it hasn't.

Title it "Your server not showing in server list fix" or something. I can't recall how many times I'v suggested this since steam first messed up.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make a .txt file with notepad, name it steam_appid, open it and type the number 70 in it, save it and put it in your ESF folder.

This fix should have been stickied in the help section long ago. I'm not sure why it hasn't.

Title it "Your server not showing in server list fix" or something. I can't recall how many times I'v suggested this since steam first messed up.
Did you even read what error he posted?

Its a "try alloc" error. Meaning the game failed to alocate memory while loading. Or not enough free RAM if you will.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thanks Grega I just took off the big pack 8.4 and it works now, only thing is it shows that the server is up and running but it doesnt appear on the list. I knw the problem isnt my ports b/c i host games all the time. And its set on internet.
Did you read his last post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom