Dedicated server from other computer in my house

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(tried to make title search friendly for anyone else)

Yeah i searched the forums for anything related to my question but nothing "good" came up.

Ok, well you see I have 2 computers. one with direct internet access with cox high speed internet. this computer is pretty fast its got good stuff.

this computer is what i use right now. But before i had this computer i had another pentium 4 made by dell. its like 2 years old. well i dont use it any more.

So what i wanted to do was get a wireless router set up that computer and use that to make a dedicated server. But i dont know a few things...

1. Do i need to get another half life game? i really dun wanna
2. will i be able to actually let people play on the server. i hear all this stuff about how people cant join their servers cuz they use a router.
3.will i need to get a new steam account?

you know all that sort of info. think you can help me?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-I havent tried logging into steam mutiple times. Could be possible.

What is with people and REFUSEING TO READ.
-You open your switcher/router firewall at 192.168.1.1 go to advanced click fowarding and then make the port ONLY 27015. Make the protocol UDP and the address 192.168.1.100
SIMPLE.

-Most likely

*NOTE: By the way*
Don't get a wireless firewall. There is litteraly such a thing as drive by hacking. If they know you have a wireless connection, people can hack it more easy than if you had a switcher/router to speed the connection.

Best answers
You can log on to steam mult. times but each time you will need to type your password.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i heard about that kws. hmmm. Ill have to tell the guy thats getting it. but in all honesty i dont care. its not my computer thats getting the router. my computer has a direct connestion to the internet. this is just so my mom can access the internet. I just wanna use this oppertunity for a dedicated server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom