Decrease alcohol tolerance?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So, after years of casual drikning, it seems I have built a strong tolerance for alcohol, it seems I need to drink 2-4 X the times I used to not too long ago.

Why it annoyes me? Increased health damage and well, the money.

So I thought to myself, if I was not to drink for a month, will my tolerance decrease again or am I at the point of no return.

This thread is of course for the drinkers in this forum, so I am looking for answers that come from user experience.

So what can I do to decrease tolerance?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stay on the wagon for a while and your tolerance will decrease. 2-4 weeks should probably do it. If you're a heavy drinker I'd cut down anyway though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What he said. But if you drink enough to have a constant, strong tolerance to it I'd really advise you to cut back. Liver damage isn't something that comes and goes based on consumption. Although, to be fair, I don't know what you mean by casual. People kinda just do what they want with that terms meaning.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mix some bad stuff. Itll KO you with little dosage XD

As in some people get KOd after mixing red and white wine. Find your mix. Just be prepared for the consequences.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep. If you want to really get screwed up mix stuff up... works most of times. Whisky and red wine did it for me...not long ago lol.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look everyone. You're watching addiction in progress.

Your high isn't coming as fast again? Poor you. Ever considered you're drinking for the wrong reasons?

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
No one said they were drinking to suppress any emotions Prozac. Either way though, drinking is terrible on your body. I'd give it a break for a few weeks then try to drink only on weekends. You will save money by not drinking durring the week and also because you wont need as much if you only do it on weekends.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll never understand why people enjoy getting drunk.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people get high?

Same thing really

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people get high?

Same thing really
It really isn't. The once in a blue moon occasion where I get drunk, I'm still completely coherent. The only thing that changes is my motor skills, and even then I'm still capable of hiding the fact that I'm drunk off my ass pretty well. Shrooms or LSD? I experience the world in a way I never thought possible, opening doors I didn't realize were locked or even existed. Having thoughts that never would have occurred to me sober, and having life changing experiences that would positively affect me for years.

It's kind of like the difference between playing Goldeneye and actually going to war.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry I meant more along the lines of getting stoned.

I realise "hard" drugs are a totally different field of experience all together even though I have never tried it myself

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shrooms aren't considered a hard drug. Heroin and meth fall into that realm.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmmm ......... since you tried LSD, mind telling us how it felt? As in more detailed? Was always curious about this one.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't do that. Think of the children.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're explaining the effects of a drug. If anything they should know. Instead of explaining exactly what drugs do people just keep telling children DRUGS ARE BAD ! hence why so many of them try ...to see what they really are. :)

If you really won't go there might aswell PM me . :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything I say about said drug would sound like an endorsement as I've only had positive experiences with it and other hallucinogens. I don't know Sky's policy on drug talk, so I'll let them figure it out before I somehow manage to single-handedly destroy an entire generation, as Sub did with his penis model.

Standby for a PM.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fair enough . :p

Regarding to the main topic. I generally found drinking hard stuff more enjoyable than drinking say ... large quantities of beer. Less quantity required, gets you there faster.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A month? That's a darn long time. You really up for this?
Well, I had had around six-week break in like... 10th grade, which was long ago, so can't remember if my tolerance for alcohol had changed back then.
However, I've had a two-week break now and after 2 days of drinking, today my hangover appears to be worse than others'. If that has any importance here.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I have a habit of not eating properly the evening I'm supposed to out with my friends, the reason is that if I eat I need to go to the bathroom a lot due to a chronic disease I have. So the biproduct of this habit is that I get shit-faced with maybe 4 beers or so. I would go down that route if you want to feel the effects of alcohol better. Now I don't mean for you to go overboard, just don't eat "as much" if you are willing to for this.

Like my friends said once, "Damn, I wish I could drink like you...it would have been so much cheaper!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom