Deciding on new mmo to play.

Best answers
WoW is out of the question, i hate that game with every ounce of my being, and don't ask why thanks much =).

I heard some good things about lineage 2, but i would like to hear of personal experiences on what you think would be good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm... WoW is the best mmo out there, but the second best is probably Everquest 2. So that's what you'll want to try.

FFXI is alright, but it's a bit slow and you can't really just explore on your own else u'll probly get killed by the first thing you encounter.

SWG is awesome, though i've heard rumours it's shutting down.

But yeah, i'd say Everquest 2.

Best answers
I would also suggest Dungeons and Dragons: Stormreach... or something like that. Combat is all real-time, however, you have to be into D&D to like it.

Best answers
I happen to be reinstalling DND at the moment, i loved it back when it launched but it had SO MANY PROBLEMS! Graphic leaks, incomplete/broken quests, etc etc, so hopefully i will like it more now.

The reason i hate WoW is simple, i was a warrior back when the protest went on, we saw just how much blizzard cares about the players, rather then the players money, so yea blizzard has my love for Warcraft 3/diablo but WoW can kiss mai ass. =)

All in all i just never learned to forgive Blizzard for the hell they put the warriors through, we even had to crash a server just to get a response, but meh, i quit WoW soon after that i went back for a few days but that is it.

Best answers
Depending on what kind of games you like, you can try Flyff or Space Cowboy. I'd strongly recommend FFXI though if you're looking for a challenge. WoW is a dumbed down version of FFXI and i've played both. You can explore on your own very easily if you know how to explore, heh.

Best answers
Iv played FFXI WoW, DND,Anarchy online, Asherons call, Earth above and beyond, among many many other mmo's im looking for a new one however, im no stranger to mmo's tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been a WoW warrior since day one.

I agree with you, even now that we've been 'fixed' we're still by far the worst, unless you have a spare six months to raid phenomenal items. And even then, they get nerfed every patch pretty routinely. My shaman friend has to convince me not to quit almost every time we play because something stupid happens. Sad thing is I'm actually really good at being a warrior...it isn't that I can't accomplish stuff, it's just annoying how much more easy and more satisfying the same goals are for other classes. So while, yes, WoW is my recommendation...as a Warrior, I know exactly how you feel and understand completely.

Best answers
Yup thanks for the understanding =), it was hell back then, and still is to this day meh.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I really like Lineage 2... it is the second most popular MMO to WoW.

I think WoW is 6.5 million, and L2 is 2.3 million players, which is #1 and #2 on the list.

L2 has a deep class system, and is completely about joining clans and building trustworthy dynasties, because you can kill any and everyone.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Yeah I really like Lineage 2... it is the second most popular MMO to WoW.

I think WoW is 6.5 million, and L2 is 2.3 million players, which is #1 and #2 on the list.

L2 has a deep class system, and is completely about joining clans and building trustworthy dynasties, because you can kill any and everyone.
Agreed. 123456

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes MMORPGs might be fun but watch out, they can be extremely addicting, And Im not playing around, It is possilbe to loose your friends and skip school just to play a MMORPG, Just be cautious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, theres a guy i work with, and hes so enthusiastic about WoW. and were all like "o_o theres this thing called life... try spending your wages on that instead"

Best answers
because you know 15 dollars a month is a huge part of someone wages...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People talk to me that way about WoW, too...but then they see A.) my huge paycheck and B.) my girlfriend and her 38" long legs, and they usually don't say much after that, heh.

If you're looking for something weird try Planetside. There's a free trial thread on the forum right now, it runs till March.

Best answers
I decided to give D&D online another chance so i reinstalled it yesterday, the new solo system is nice, not to mention they fixed alot of the old broken quests, and best of all no more memory leak graphical errors.

They added some spells, new feats/skill the game is shaping up nicely, plus the new race Drow, but it has to be earned, so if you want to shut this thread down before it becomes a war of WoW vs everything else feel free, i got my new mmo for the time being, till gods and heroes is released anyways =).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
lol, theres a guy i work with, and hes so enthusiastic about WoW. and were all like "o_o theres this thing called life... try spending your wages on that instead"

Complete truth.

But it's an addiction... And I hold my opinions as my own. Having experianced it myself and enjoyed it... I see no reason pending to quit it.

Well, all by one. That upcoming Warhammer MMO.

Just watched the new extended trailer.. No gameplay footage... but lets leave it at "Giggling like a little girl"

Best answers
Bad side about warhammer is, they show you the trailer in fall 2006, the game is released in winter 2007? -_-.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Bad side about warhammer is, they show you the trailer in fall 2006, the game is released in winter 2007? -_-.
DON'T COMPLAIN.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I checked out Warhammer, and only dwarfs vs orcs so far looks a little blan, but I figure other races/classes are in the works with the way the trailer is.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I've been a WoW warrior since day one.

I agree with you, even now that we've been 'fixed' we're still by far the worst, unless you have a spare six months to raid phenomenal items. And even then, they get nerfed every patch pretty routinely. My shaman friend has to convince me not to quit almost every time we play because something stupid happens. Sad thing is I'm actually really good at being a warrior...it isn't that I can't accomplish stuff, it's just annoying how much more easy and more satisfying the same goals are for other classes. So while, yes, WoW is my recommendation...as a a Warrior, I know exactly how you feel and understand completely.
!! Tell me you are a Night Elf and I'll smack you.. At least you're not a rogue..

P.S. I'm agreeing with Pride's post, and know the burden that is playing a Warrior :/

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
People talk to me that way about WoW, too...but then they see A.) my huge paycheck and B.) my girlfriend and her 38" long legs, and they usually don't say much after that, heh.

If you're looking for something weird try Planetside. There's a free trial thread on the forum right now, it runs till March.
This being the other MMO I pay to play.. Yes.. I play two MMO's AND have a life.. zomg.. I think 'FodderSide' as we called it, is about to end soon so if you wanna check it out I'd advise you do it quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom