DBZ tenkaichi 2 again

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
This is pretty much all ESF has been for the past 3 years.

With less options for melee, less characters, less transformations, less attacks, less destructible environments, worse graphics, and no cutscenes or story mode.

Honestly you can't hold the designers of BT2 responsible if your friends are gonna play like douchebags.
You though, hold some of the fundamental elements of gameplay in esf as being lame, so of course you're gonna say that. I just dont like expanse of tenkaichi because there just isnt enough exploration into the gameplay, there's sequences that require no skill at all easy to pull of at many opportunities and since beat em ups are completely based on pure 1 on 1 gameplay I think its a deciding factor. All those things you mentioned mean squat to me, I like good gameplay more than all those put together, sprinkling glitter on dog-**** just isnt my taste.

Sound Artist
Best answers
J-Dude said:
But the PS3 discs and drive now have BlueRay, which will increase the disc space to work with by a lot. We'll probably (in the next generation DBZ game) see full cutscenes with ingame models and effects, but that won't matter, because the graphics will already be so good that they can pass for cutscenes (how hard is it to make a model that passes with cell shading?). They'll probably with the PS3's newly realized power be capable of cell shading the entire environment, not just the characters. They'll also have more room to code an awesome engine, with huge detailed environments. Who knows, it's probably already being developed! And since it's for PS3, I bet they'll make it drastically different from any DBZ game ever made just to catch long-time Budokai players off gaurd and "wow" us all. Good things take time, but great things happen all at once =)
They don't even utilize the space a dvd holds now, Budokai Tenkaichi 2 only uses 2.79GB out of 4.7GB. Space isn't the problem at all, game development teams are given a deadline and most are rushed to complete their product on time.

Best answers
Too much to say.

Good: 75%.
Bad: 75%.
Ugly: 50%.
Overall: 54% out of 100%.

It would have been good if they had thought out the Brothers of Fate scenario a little more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go away for three months and it's released, and Gamespot tell me nothing.

Glad to see the majority of feedback is positive, of course there'll be problems, you can't please everyone especially DBZ fans (who still argue about the series) and hardcore gamers (for when only the best is good enough). I saw some post-release videos on YouTube that looked killer (Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Gotenks + Tapion vs. Hirudegarn) so its earned it's rightful place on the Xmas list.

The cool thing is seeing messages in this thread and GameFAQ's regarding battle tactics such as step-in counters and how to deal with larger opponents effectively. Tactics in a DBZ game. Three years ago you'd have been shot for even suggesting it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, play as Zangya against Krillin, beat him and her victory line is "Don't you wish your girlfriend was yough like me, don't ya?" Hopefully those who try it understand the reference it to a song.

I love her

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I go away for three months and it's released, and Gamespot tell me nothing.

Glad to see the majority of feedback is positive, of course there'll be problems, you can't please everyone especially DBZ fans (who still argue about the series) and hardcore gamers (for when only the best is good enough). I saw some post-release videos on YouTube that looked killer (Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Gotenks + Tapion vs. Hirudegarn) so its earned it's rightful place on the Xmas list.

The cool thing is seeing messages in this thread and GameFAQ's regarding battle tactics such as step-in counters and how to deal with larger opponents effectively. Tactics in a DBZ game. Three years ago you'd have been shot for even suggesting it.
Tactics have always been involved in Dragon Ball Z games. Even in the old Hyper Dimension there were tactical requirements. To beat the stronger opponents you literally had to figure out when you were best able to unleash a hyper attack (ie: Kamehameha, Final Flash, etc) because the CPU in those games doesn't mess around.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll tell you one thing having the japanese music makes this games experience a lot more fun. Nothing like battling with Halo Goku and Halo Vegeta well head cha la is playing. :D Plus the US music is so drowsy and boring I think I only liked 2 of the songs in the US version compared to about 13 I love having on my US version. ^_^

I actually now go in the duel modes and fight the computer again on hard of course. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think "The Maze of the Mind" is best song on the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crisis and Dark Half are easilly my 2 favorites. Crisis for those badass fights and Dark Half for reliving those dramatic moments, like 18 VS Super 17.

Best answers
Can someone please explain the process to get a level 160 character, NOT in short form? ie: go through the steps as neccessary.

I've already beaten the sagas up until movie 13 (I won't play the GT section of the game, because GT sucks IMO), and I've got all of the dragon balls, but I'm not sure what to do with them now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you get all the dragon balls, there will be a new map point added.

I think it's usually in the center of the map.

Fly there, and the rest should be obvious.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not going to beat the saga in the videogame just because you don't like it o_O?

lol. Such great dedication.

Use them on Namek and you get 3 wishes.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
When you get all the dragon balls, there will be a new map point added.

I think it's usually in the center of the map.

Fly there, and the rest should be obvious.
See, that's the problem. You know what to wish for, I don't. It's not so 'obvious.' Which is why I asked in the first place.

I've seen the wish lists, and I still don't know what to wish for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lists tend to change up a little bit.

I don't know what stuff you already have, so I don't know what priorities you might have concerning some items.

See, if you were to have like, only level 5 items, you might like to go with one of those +15 or +19 items, or you might like to choose something entirely different.

So you see, I can't really help you decide on that.

Best answers
What exactly does 100G Training do? It says it "raises all 15 level items to 4 level items..."

How can 4 be greater than 15?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's translated pretty crappily.

It means that it raises all your +15 items by 4 levels, turning them all into +19 items. That means all the +15 items you have equipped AND unequipped, so it's a pretty good item.

I'd seriously stock up on +15s before you grab that little gem, though.

Best answers
Easy way to hit 160, is to summon the dragon and see if the choice "Kiss of #18" is there. just get 4 or 5 of those I think (multiple summonings required). and youll have a level 160.

If Kiss of #18 isnt there in the list I think you can press Start and exit the story mode then go back and summon again

-you can aslo find "Title Tenkaichi" and 4 or 5 those and youll be 160 as well, but the kiss of 18s have extra dragon homings on them.

Best answers
I hope this thread isn't concidered "old",but i found some news today about the European Wii version.It's coming out in march and it will have 6 extra characters and 1 new arena.I don't know what new characters though =/. Yay,atleast something good for our European gamers.Also 2 new Wii screens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wtf, the Wii version get's 6 extra characters? That's balls.

It better be, like, Upa and Puar >_>

Though GT Kid Goku and the Shadow Dragon's were highly requested additions so maybe it'll be them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom