DBZ tenkaichi 2 again

Best answers
Oh cool, you can even play as a saiba?! :D

A little disappointed with the absences of 14 and 15 though... The tequila man was awesome!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I LOVE the fact that there are some dashing specials that can effect giant opponents.

Try Super Dragon Fist, Father Son Kamehameha, and (red hot metor attack? I don't know, Super Saiyan Trunks Fighting's Ultimate move) on an Ozoruu or something. Looks kinda cool with giants =D. The Beam Heads/Balls also grow bigger when up against giants.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is starting to get a little boring.

Story: 100%
Tournaments: 100%
Characters: 100%
Ultimate Battle gets boring after awhile.

Best answers
Too bad you can't go Super Namek with Piccolo, Unlocked Potential Kid Gohan and Krillin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's been bugging me that Piccolo doesn't REALLY get a power upgrade, he's just stuck as is...too bad...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, Piccolo does have tons of great moves (Light Grenade, a VERY powerful SBC, if you can charge it up long enough, and his Hellzone Grenade).

Plus I think he's a good melee fighter. I've always loved using him in T2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*ahem*

Pan Sucks.

Tapion is a beast with his sword (Reminds me of SSBM Link a bit)

Opinions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh, I think everyone have just cloned moves.

JENEMBA
DABURA
TRUNKS
TAIPON

It's aggriating to give everyone the same type of sword attacks, ( Well mostly the same)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
Bleh, I think everyone have just cloned moves.

JENEMBA
DABURA
TRUNKS
TAIPON

It's aggriating to give everyone the same type of sword attacks, ( Well mostly the same)
Don't know about Trunks, Dabura, and Janemba, but Taipon ONLY uses his sword. Not a single melee attack (Trunks/Janemba/Dabura combine melee and sword), and has a unique grab. I think he's the fastest sword user.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think their sword attacks are pretty different, animation wise anyway.... pitty that every character plays the same.

Best answers
I bought it yesterday. today I finally got around to playing and am in the Return of Cooler story. (difficulty 2, its been hard so far in alot of areas)

-I never played the first Tenkaichi (mostly cause I watched alot of the videos on it, and I wasnt too keen on the AI's choice of actions as well the minimal damage from phsyical attacks-

So far I really like the game, id say while going through story it does get repeditve from fighting the same guys over and over again with either your same guy or another (like Im getting sick of fighting metal cooler -ive got to retry the goku/vegeta vs 5 metal cooler fight (number 5 killed goku, and then went pure hate on vegeta)
-Ive not really been making good use of the potaras, need to buy more +5's from baba, so some characters are pretty weak-
===================================
Im pretty happy with the game, I played Budokia 3 a good long time (dont even have the greatest hit version), and that was pretty much my DBZ game outside ESF(sometimes)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you like it so much? its so repetitive and boring. Plus fast characters with the sideways stun hit (triangle) can exploit the game to the max, you can just flip em round continually and they cant escape >_> Half the stuff u can do is useless anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
How can you like it so much? its so repetitive and boring. Plus fast characters with the sideways stun hit (triangle) can exploit the game to the max, you can just flip em round continually and they cant escape >_> Half the stuff u can do is useless anyway.
Then how about Super DBZ fighting style?

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Then how about Super DBZ fighting style?
Super DBZ sucks, but it some kind of 2D, better for fighting games than 3D(that's why tenkaichi sucks).
I would like the game to be more like Tekken fighting style, this will pwn.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If you cant play the game it sucks, Super Dragonball Z has create your own combo's, the limits are your skill, in tenkaichi is ddr, and the same combo's for every character, every move the same. Super dragonball is still the greatest console dbz game i've played, by far, and i still only know about 1/3rd of the characters properly, and i only know how to use vegeta and goku to almost their full potential. My fav combo is with goku, you start by setting up 2 kame torpedo's, swoop towards them, letting the torpedo's go at them one at a time (you can trick em out with a sidestep when u get close), when they hit you're opponent, you hit them down on the floor with a hard dash attack, hit them up into the air, follow them up, do your standard melee combo to the 2nd punch, then start his kicking special move combo, then you start his ultimate fist technique, turn supersaiyan (hitting them up into the air) and then use super kamehameha, takes about 80% of their health for some people. To do all that you do need the super cancel for goku though and a lot of skill. In tenkaichi all you can do is swoop after, teleport after, charge hard hits and do the same combo after gut punches and sweep attacks, and do the air combo too, the special moves dont need any skill to pull off, just wait till your opponent is vunerable. Dont get me wrong I like tenkaichi, but the game has no depth, like I've said, its a couple of moves and you know the entire game, there's so many characters because all they really had to do was make some new animations and models and then tat around with their attack, speed and defense. I like the game, but they could've made it so much more if they hadnt made it full of useless character's and concentrated on making them unique, even the budokai games had more variation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I picked up the game today, and to be pretty honest, it has some great story elements, but it's still lacking, a lot. Just to clear this up, the controls are still fairly irritating and the NPC characters seem to take the upperhand at odd times (Goku vs. Jeice & Burter - DO NOT PLAY THIS ON DIFF. LVL 3). You'd have to be fairly skilled at the game to even play at diff. level 2.

Some of the models don't change, Vegeta on Namek for example, was still wearing his original Saiyan Armor with the additional waist flaps, and not to mention he STILL HAD HIS TAIL. Right. Some of you may not find this a very big deal, but as a Vegeta enthusiast, it bothered me. (HINT: If you look closely, well okay not closely at all, but in space when Bardock was confronting Frieza, you see Salza in the background, a couple actually, and probably Neiz and Doore. Lack of models to use! LOL). Now, the Bardock story had quite the cutscene--everything was good and all, though the developers seemed to think Qui's race consisted of beings that all resembled him entirely--none of them were shown with capes, and when the other henchmen arrived to battle Bardock you don't even fight them? Pfft. It was like fighting Qui 10 times--they also called all 10 of them "Qui", which was the name of ONE character. In any case, it seems like they're slowly integrating some of the 'interactive' elements I've begged for for years. Chasing Krillin across the Namek world-map with Vegeta? Classic! Um, the Saiyan Ape-form fighters get pretty annoying, especially when the 'Lock-On' feature literally keeps you locked onto the NPC when it's pounding you with its fists at close range--I've tried unlocking it to escape but every single time I'm constantly pounded til' death. Let's see... some of the scenes wouldn't really make sense to people if they hadn't seen Dragon Ball Z from start til' finish--Example: they explain scenes & outcomes before they happen, and sometimes you don't even get to see the outcome the way they tell it, basically meaning you're shown standing in the middle of the battlefield with the narrator saying "Goku takes Piccolo's energy and uses some of the Sun's energy to launch a Spirit Bomb at Lord Slug strong enough to finish him off!". Silly.

It took a while to finish the Saiyan Saga, but so far I've enjoyed it the most, and I'm currently at the Frieza Saga. The cutscene of Goku & Vegeta fighting was pretty well done - I enjoy watching cutscenes so I can't complain too much about what's been left out.... not yet, at least. I'm bound to find a few hundred things that'll tick me off - I finished playing after losing a few times fighting Captain Ginyu, so I hope it doesn't get worse, I might have to move to diff. level 2.

So to sum things up, well, if you're a big fan of story mode stuff this just might accommodate your imagination, but don't get too excited, you'll find a lot of things you wished were done differently... and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom