DBZ ERRORS

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the manga, nameks only have 3 fingers and 1 thumb, and buu only has 1 finger a thumb and where there shud be the 3 other fingers its just a clump...... but in the anime they all have 4 fingers and 1 thumb......... just sumthin i noticed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for quoting the movie.. The movies have plenty of errors, such as the #4 Lord Slug movie, where Kaio-sama talks about Goku having 'SSJ Potential," and he has a gold aura--but black hair. Piccolo's still alive, Tien/Chaotzu/Yamucha are dead, it's just full of errors.
The Movie's don't have any errors atall, you think they have errors, but put it this way, the movie timeline has it's own era, it isn't supposed to in anyway relate to the series. The Movie #4 is in the same time as (The Namek Saga) but anything you see in the series doesn't really exist in the Movie timeline. I know this has been stated before.

DBZ had many errors, yes, but it must be allowed some leeway considering they had 292 episodes(jap, I believe 276 in Eng, something along those lines
The Japanese had 291 episodes. 14-15 Movies. They never completed them, they are now known as (Lost Movies) There are like 2-3 I can't remember I downloaded one off of Kazaa, It sucked lol.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movies have 'inconsistencies,' which is what I am saying, Xls. And they are rife with them. I pointed out the Lord Slug movie--Elements from it, are from different parts in time of the series. Such as Piccolo being alive, whereas Tienshinhan/Yamucha/Chaotzu are dead, Goku goes "SSJ" but his hair doesn't change, etc. They are 'inconsistencies' with the anime.

I believe there were only 13 movies, the last being the Tapion movie, with the large Godzilla-like 'Hildegarn.' #12 was 'The Rebirth of Fusion' with Janenba.

The movies have nothing to do with the plot, with the exception of the Garlic Junior movie, the Dead zone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but they did plan on making several more movies they partially finished a couple then stopped their work on them for whatever reason. Check Kazaa.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those movies you see on Kazaa, which mysteriously don't work, or are 'unfinished,' aren't real. Every project Toei scrapped, they never released in any form or fashion.

Think of them as the mythical 'DragonBall AF.'

Best answers
For Polo and Pain...

The term Androids in the series is used a a translation to what is roughly "Artifical Humans." 16 and 17 were MECHANICAL Artifical Humans, and Cell was a BIOLOGICAL Artifical Human. That's why they could sense Cells power level, because he was actually a living organism.

As for the main villains keeping their body, there's a frew explainations that their hatred and evilness makes them powerful enough to keep their bodies. Somewhere along the way, it says that only the most powerful beings are allowed to keep their bodies. Good or evil. Also, in the Janemba movie I think, Vegeta made some sort of comment about keeping his body over hatred for Goku.

So there ya go

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not many people seem to realize this, but 17 is revived as well, and is shown in the Buu saga. When the people of Earth are refusing to give up their energy for the super genkai dama, 17 goes around pointing a shotgun at people, to get them to 'stick em up!' (and giving their energy in doing so.)

P.S. Vejita was allowed to keep his body, because Yemma allowed him to go Earth to fight. This movie takes place after he's allowed the use of his body, and before he is revived.

Best answers
oh, and Alea, I don't think the "semi-super saiyajin" in Movie #4 was an error at all. It was just exactly what it was, half super saiyajin, almost there. I think it was Giji Super Saiya-jin? Which is something Like False Super Saiyajin. But I don't think it was an error.

It reminds me a little of the bit in the Hyperbolic Time CHamber where Gohan goes Super Saiyajin 2 for only a few seconds. Same kind of deal I think.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whether -you- think movie#4 has an error, after Toriyama has personally apologized for that error, and others in the movies, is quite irrelevant.

Best answers
It's relevent to me. I guess you could say relevence is relative. But thank you for that little bit of info. Next time, a little more grace and a kinder attiude would make you come across much as being much more amicable.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. But insisting that there's a "Half Super Saiyajin," and that it's not an error, despite Toriyama's comments on it's falsity, is just preposterous.

Let's say you go to Burger King.
You order a normal chicken sandwich.
They give you a chicken sandwich with blood on it.
You say they did something wrong, they apologize.
You do not say, "Well, this is exactly what I ordered! Nothing wrong with it!"

Orz

Best answers
I long regretted making a similar thread to this. I've since watched a few of the Japanese episodes and realised that a lot of stupid stuff is in fact Funimation's 'translating'/editing.

Of course, the Japanese version contains several errors, such as a brief moment when logo on King Kai's clothes is inverted in colour (black becomes white). However, Funimation's editing has created more. They tend to cut tiny bits out of episodes, so small as you wouldn't notice, just to make them shorter overall. Sometimes, they're not so gentle.

For example, at one point on Namek, Gohan suddenly says "I'd hate to be the mountain lion!" This makes no sense - to us. However, in the Japanese version, Krillin wonders if Bulma has been dragged off by a mountain lion (I'm not sure exactly how he says it). <i>His line is cut, and Gohan's is left in.</i> Pretty clever of them, isn't it?

And yes, it's indisputable that Adult Gohan could go SSJ2. Kabito directly asked him to and Piccolo gave him permission to, remember? He also didn't get weaker, as SailorAlea said, he just stayed the same. That lazy Gohan!

Best answers
But, if you order a sundae with chocolate topping, and it has EXTRA chocolate topping, and you LIKE extra choclate topping, then you do say
SailorAlea said:
"Well, this is exactly what I ordered! Nothing wrong with it!"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um.. Half SSJ is "extra chocolate"?

In any case, a mistake is a mistake regardless of whether you like it or not. Most people don't like mistakes.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Um.. Half SSJ is "extra chocolate"?

In any case, a mistake is a mistake regardless of whether you like it or not. Most people don't like mistakes.
But it's EXTRA CHOCOLATE!!!! You can't say no to extra chocolate. It makes you go, wow, I enjoyed that, I'm going to come back for more. Or wow, I'm impressed. These guys aren't scungy at all.

Best answers
There are loads of errors in the DBZ movies. That for example movie 8 (Goku and all them go and fight brolli). In that movie gohan is bout 9 or whatever (the age he was at the cell games). Gohan goes ssj but can't go ssj2. How is that possible. If that was so should they all be training or fighting cell and not be at a picnic in the park.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt a fake super saiyan technically be less "chokolate sprinkles"??
and ive seen gold aura's in the show when they werent super saiyan... so its just an error dude... get over it.

if they made gokus skin green with purple polka dots, and you happen to like it, doesnt mean its not an error.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dibbs--It could've been right before the Cell games so he wouldn't be able to go SSJ2. You never know.

As for you, Pain--I agree. Just because you like a mistake, doesn't mean it's not just that-- a mistake.

Best answers
Naraku said:
oh and when the dragon brang back everyone that cell killed , 17 and 18 came back but where did 16 go?
16 wasnt killed by Cell.....16 self destructed himself to try and kill Cell. So technically he wasnt killed by Cell...therefore the Dragon didnt revive 16.

Off Topic: ahh! Gatsu...u stole my Nickname! I always use that name! AHH! U better not use that name in shame!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
no, 16 just clamped around cell, then his self destruct thing wasn't inside him anymore, so he let go of cell and cell pwned him.

it was an error :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom