Custom MP3 problems

Best answers
I wanted to play my own songs so i changed both playlists (.txt & .def) but it wont play the song it comes up 'song name' not found then it wont play any.

i tried it with there full name (copy & pasteing the name) then no spaces no just the initials "mp3/SSIAB" in but it wont work.

does the song have to be a special format or what have i done wrong?:confused:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the .txt and the .def have to be the same so write it in one and copy and paste it to the other would be easiest
and just incase you didnt you still need to have .mp3 on the song names

Best answers
yeah they are the same, i think ill have to sort which ones work,
also i cant even get the player to work now :cry:
ah well, better without i supose

Best answers
When you go in to the mp3 fodler, dont change anything but rename your songs to like esf10, esf11, etc, dont put full names like that, all you need to do is rename the mp3's and add the name in the .txt, like say you add esf11 into mp3, then you go to the .txt and put in mp3/esf11.mp3 ok?

Best answers
You only need to change the text in the playlist.txt file, the .def file is the default playlist, wich you can put back, if you screw something. If you're running win XP or NT, remember that your filenames are case sensitive. If you want to add files not in the mp3 dir, you need to add the full path to them, including the drive letter (in lowercase). Also make sure that you don't use ' \ ' but always use '/' instead.

Oh, and don't forget the extension, mp3 songs end on .mp3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom