custom models

Best answers
I download custom models for esf but i don't know how to use them or
where to put the files? :cry:
Can anybody help o_o

Best answers
Do you want to overwrite your original model files? Or add the custom models in addition to keeping all your originals??

Best answers
umm hard 2 explain but here i go

the file is usaly c/sirra/half-life/esf/models/player
and then go into the folder which mdel you want to change put the origonal some whe and put ur model there

*note*
if ur changing cell,friza,krillil the ssj/trqansformed version is name2 e.g krillin2

Best answers
I'll give you a better explanation on how to do it, since I can hardly understand rikku myself. Just tell me, do you want to overwrite your default models or not, cuz you don't have to.

Note: If you don't overwrite your default models, you can only use you custom ones in some servers.

Best answers
hey man tell us how to do that??????
I always replace the models but if you can do it without than tell me how
pleasseeeeeeeee :laff:

Best answers
oMG JUST take the other files out where ever u want a DEN put the other custom files but rename them the same as the original ones and then try them out if u dont like them put the original ones back

Best answers
Aight..I'm pretty tired right now so I'll probably edit this post later and make it a lot clearer and stuff..but here goes:

Say you want to add ssj3 goku, but you don't want to overwrite any default models. Here's what you do.

Go into your ESF/Models/Player folder, make a new folder INSIDE of that folder, name it SSJ3Goku. Then, take your ssj3 goku model file, and regardless of the name, rename it to SSJ3Goku.mdl. Then place it inside your SSJ3Goku folder. Remember, your folder and your .mdl file names have to be EXACTLY the same. If your not sure what I mean, go into one of the default folders. You can name the folders and models anything you want.

Now, if your playing on someone elses server, to access your SSJ3Goku model, go to your console, and type model ssj3goku.

If your model turns into SSJ3Goku, then you did it correctly. If it turns into normal form default goku, you did something wrong in renaming the files or placing the files in the correct...folders, or you misspelled SSJ3Goku.

Now, if your model stays the same, then the server admin has enabled a "Locked Models" command. If this is the case, you can ask the admin to input this command into his console: "mp_lockmodels 0". Now, if he says "It says unknown command", tell him to type it CORRECTLY.

Now, if you are playing on your own server, just input that command, and after doing that, a message in the console should say "mp_lockmodels change to 0".

Remember, normal form goku is the default model, so when you are trying to change to SSJ3Goku, use a different model.

If your not sure about the model command, try using it with the default models. Type like "model gohan, ssjgohan, frieza, frieza2", etc. If you do these commands when mp_lockmodels is set to "1", then your model will not change.

If you need a deeper explanation than this, or you cannot get it to work, contact me on MSN or AIM.:]

Best answers
also u can change to default hl models without moving folders for example type model gordon into the console and watch what happens

Best answers
Vegeta_Rulz said:
oMG JUST take the other files out where ever u want a DEN put the other custom files but rename them the same as the original ones and then try them out if u dont like them put the original ones back
yea wut he said thats wut i do

EDIT:O crap sry i double posted forgot

Best answers
And that's what you do to overwrite or temporarily replace your default ones. With my way, you keep your default ones installed, and additionally install the custom ones, so you can just switch between them mid-game.:]

Best answers
Thanks man i always wanted to know how to do that and on a side note (Partboy me and you should go streaking some time:)

Best answers
off topic:last time i went streaking i locked my self out o_o

any ways sorry for the badly explained story by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom