Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see this working, but it doesn't seem like something the team would do.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The issue is that the team has about 50 things to do that take priority over a custom character system that would require weeks or possibly months to get working and balance properly, and it would also require other users to have your custom model and sprites to have some kind of idea what you were trying to accomplish. It's a good idea on paper, but not in practicality.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
The issue is that the team has about 50 things to do that take priority over a custom character system that would require weeks or possibly months to get working and balance properly, and it would also require other users to have your custom model and sprites to have some kind of idea what you were trying to accomplish. It's a good idea on paper, but not in practicality.
exactly because i dont want my computer spammed up with models. unless they were like temporary and when the game is done its deleted but i mean if a new character joined and had his/her own custom model it would make the game load again. Maybe if the models and all possible models were on the server so that you didn't have to download it like on other mmorpg's it would work.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what if it was like this though:

I had this idea about when choosing classes, how about when you choose class (lets say goku) inside the info box there would be 1-4 numbers, these allow you to choose from 1-4 models (all contained in the model folders ex goku.mdl, goku-1.mdl, goku-2.mdl etc), the official release would use the same model copied 4 times, however if you replace one with a custom model, ingame when selecting that class you choose which you wish to use, this model number will also be sent across to all other clients, and will display the corresponding custom model that they have in place (eg i selected goku-3.mdl, on their computer whichever model they have for goku-3.mdl will be displayed as me) on their computer. This would vary the amount of models used, and would be more interesting also i quite like a few models but i dont want to use them because there are others which i prefer, also if it were possible maybe you could add sprite, transform and sound configurations too, also vgui displays too if thats possible. It would all be clientside and this would mean you could add more characters without changing the coding and overall it would mean that its more visually customisable. I think this mod being so customisable is one of the advantages over most mods, and if this were implemented, i think there would be a lot of happy people.

Best answers
Good idea davidskiwan I think that would work. As long as the models are only displayed and not downloaded to other computers. sounds like a lot of work but it's possible. But even if there were like 4 slots with different models and when you choose the character you choose what model you want and every one had the same models in each slot i would still get it. ex. If i wanted goku i click goku and then there would be numbers 1, 2 ,3 ,4 and i click which one i want to use and use it. All of the numbers when you put the cursor on them would display the image just like the game does anyways but it would o n ly didplay the one you put your cursor on. and you could set yourself a default model for each character you want to use. and make it so that their can only be 4 of the same character in each server it would cause less confusion of who you are fighting if your scouter is turned off. In otherwords make the models kinda like budokai where if more than one person selects a char. the char. all have different clothing or in this case a different model. I hope some one reads all of this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and best part is the code required is just made once and that coppyed with namechanges.

Not to mention no porblems about speed and such stuff cause itll be a simple model replacement

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a DBZ mod, they add DBZ chars, not MOVIE chars...not CUSTOM chars.... so... i dont like the idea...stick with the dbz chars and maybe a movie char....but nothing more

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
this is a DBZ mod, they add DBZ chars, not MOVIE chars...not CUSTOM chars.... so... i dont like the idea...stick with the dbz chars and maybe a movie char....but nothing more
Look at it this way you have more slots for people so you can have Majin Saga Vegeta,Cell saga Vegeta, Nameck saga Vegeta and Sayian saga Vegeta

All difrent suits and all DBZ.

Or you have Goku from the start of the series fight Goku from the end of the series :p

it isnt necesarry to be movie they changed suits lots of times :p

Best answers
Sicron said:
It dosnt matter people would have what they want they can have DBZ but if they want movie characters and someone makes them then its all good basicly i think we all want to replace the default models at some point.. o_o

Best answers
I think that we should do it like i suggested yesterday so you can change clothing like on budokai so it adds variety instead of tons of gokus that you cant tell apart. I think it would work. If some one could make it a plug-in or something and every one who had the plugin would have 4 different models for each char. and choose which ever char. they want and which model of the char. they want it would be easy then there wouldnt be a mixup of who you are fighting if your scouter is turned off. But if every one made their own custom model it would be overkill you would try to join a game and it would download all of those models like it does with mp3's and then everyones computers would eventually crash and cause mayhem like the black plague or we could call it "Y2K5" the year that everyones computers blew up because of all of the models.

Best answers
actually custom characters is a great idea and there is a way to make it not get abused

give them move points or whatever so if you make your character super strong and super fast or whatever your special moves wouldnt be so great or you would have less transformations or sumthin

Best answers
Or it could be like that Paint Ball mod where when you enter a game you choose what parts you want for your paint ball gun. Could be like Counter-Strike as well when you choose a side then choose a model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom