Curious About A v1.2b Feature

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been curious about the following tweak for v1.2b

Automaticly set boundingboxes for envmodels, if they are not provided within the model itself [done]

Does this mean that mappers will no longer need to wrap a carefully shaped clip-brush around env_models? *Crosses Fingers*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
w00! That is BAD ASS! I never thought this would...or even COULD be done!

I hate having to practically make a replica of the model w/ clip brushes just so people can't go "through" the model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup :D

eee, im all excited now! I wanna make a map using lots of models :p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea that really cuts down the mapping time.
what about 1.1 maps? like in guru for example. currently you can go through the namek houses. will boundingboxes be set for those to and other maps with envmodels like that?

Best answers
Dose this mean we won't have maps like namek where you get pushed back from the wall? I hope so cuz thats annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No that's a brush entity Stryker placed around the map. To get rid of that, you'll have to talk to Stryker.

What we are talking about are the models. Basically any model used in a map (called an env_model) isn't opaque. You can just walk right through as though it was just regular air. But now, they are opaque and you can't walk through them. The only way (previous to 1.2b) to make an env_model block a player was to have the mapper put in a 'Clip Brush' (an invisible block shaped like the model you are using) so that they would hit the invisible brush and be forced to go around.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ mr. satan
well there is a new namek map with namekian houses, so i thought thats what you were talking about. either way, it answers my question. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom