CTDB, game modes and other ideas!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) CTDB (Game Type)

Rules: 7 DB's scattered across the map, two "bases".DBs are just to collect.

*However, Shenron will appear when one team has collected all and gives 1) a PL boost of 500,000 or so , 2) Double points (2 instead of 1) or 3) Advantage (Winning team starts with 1 or 2 DBs), (decided by top player).

*Bases can only have one of each team inside to stop everyone staying in there guarding.

*DBs can only be carried one at a time (However, Piccolo can do 2 to make him more useful).

*Only certain maps would be able to support this and could be named ctdb_map rather than esf_map.

2) CMS (Capture Mr. Satan) (Game Type)

Rules: 2 teams, two bases. One M.Satan. He runs around the map, with his jet pack and bazooka and teams must return him to their base "Buu" (like the bombing run goal from UT2004) to score a point.

*The carrier may not attack and is reduced to 3/5 speed. They also may not accend or power-up but can swoop and decend. Turbo is also allowed.

*Mr.Satan has 100HP which when he is killed (while running about) his killer loses 1/2 HP and PL and after 5 kills, they could be votekicked. (to stop griefers and wimps trying to ruin the game). If he is killed whilst being carried, the punishment is 1/2 PL and HP drop.

*It could be possible for a player to be Satan but a bot can be used.

*carry animations for walk, run, swoop, fly and idle are needed, assuming there are 10 different directions (up, left etc) that means 50 anims. That may make it difficult.

3) BMB (Baba's mystery ball) (Game Type)

Rules: Baba assigns you a player to kill like in the Ship. If you kill/hurt other players, you lose PL and a point (if killed). Also available in team variety.

*The ability to attack other players could be turned off. But beam spammers could then attack freely...

*Baba tells you their name and it is kept at the side of the screen. If you see them, their class is added, if you scout them, their PL at the time. If you die, the information you had stays.

4) V.I.P (Very important Popo) (Game Type)

Rules: Standard CTF with Mr Popo (in red and blue) as the flag.

*Carriers are restricted as in CMS.

*You cannot get a point if your Popo is missing.

5) Painbringer (Game Type)

Rules: Your score is based on the damage you do rather than how many people you kill! I'm not sure this is possible with the HL engine... Also can be a team game

*Team hurting minuses the damage you do times 5 from your score.

*Self damage lowers your score.

*Deaths is replaced by damage taken.

*To encourage adv melee. Double points could be awarded.

6) PL gainer (Game Type)

Rules: Like Painbringer but with PL! The PL you gain is your score! Deaths is replaced by PL given.

*This allows weaker players to catch up and pros to not pick on wimps as tougher enemies give more PL.

7) Death Tag (Game Type)

Rules: Two teams. When a player is killed their "halo form" appears where they were and if a team mate flies through it they are revived. First team to be completely dead loses.

8) Gravity settings

Increase the gravity to 200 to disencourage falling from the sky to avoid attacks and beam jumpers detonating then falling from their destruction.

Also allow more than 10 damage to be done when falling. I set the gravity to 8000 and I could only do 10 damage.

I hope I haven't damaged anyone's eyes from the length of the suggestion list.

P.S A speed setting of 24000 crashes the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me teh CTDB from the design documents has a way more solid gameplay than the one you made up.

Capture Mr.Satan: Sounds interesting but also sounds like itll not be ussed after 2 weeks from the release.

Baba ball thing sounds like tournament mode complicated into oblivion.

Why not just have the flag instead of Popo. Besides it would be kinda easy to steal him in ESF because of the speeds.

Painbringer doesnt really sound to interesting. Just a complicated way of gathering kills. kill yourself you get -1 and so on. Same thing just difrent numbers.

PLgainer sounds like complicating the PL gain command of the game. the one that brings your PL closer to the servers average.

Death Tag: wouldnt work well in ESF. Because the players move to fast. If it was a 5 on 5 it would definitly never end.

Last one is simple sv_gravity svar setting.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speed could be reduced?
Anyway with the gravity I also mention falling does 10 damage max.

Can I alter the gravity on my own server other than in an Open Beta?

I also suppose a flag would beat Popo...

I guess DM is the only thing that ESF can do other than CTDB...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom