Crysis: You Don't Need a New Rig

Best answers
It seems like all the breakthrough engines always tout how you don't need to upgrade your comp to play it. It's bull****. Sure, you can run the game on your 9800 Pro on pacman mode running at 30 fps. But if you want it to not look like a steaming pile of **** with jaggies up the ass you're probably going to have to have a DX10 card. That's the way it's been for almost all the new engines.
That notwithstanding, this game does look ****ing incredible. But I highly doubt someone with a 9xxx or 6xxx system is going to have nearly as much fun with it as someone with a next gen card.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
"That notwithstanding, this game does look ****ing incredible. But I highly doubt someone with a 9xxx or 6xxx system is going to have nearly as much fun with it as someone with a next gen card."

I think thats been true for quite awhile, But If I can play at 640x480 on medium to low settings ill still be happy. And I doubt a direct X 10 card is going to become a minimum requirement overnight. Maybe in a year or so, Remember the slow adoption of Direct X 9 and Direct X 8 cards? Especially when in use with a game? The Geforce 4 MX 440 Could even play games like Half Life 2, The Radeon 9200, Kept hanging in they're for ages!

"Heh, that is a cool little feature, but if you have a gig of RAM, it's pointless ."

Theres still a slight improvement, and because of the slow Hard Drives featured in laptops the benefit should show more for me. Even with 1gb of ram. (Upgrading to 2Gb shortly!)

If I cant play it, Then It looks like it may be time for a new lappy.

Best answers
"That notwithstanding, this game does look ****ing incredible. But I highly doubt someone with a 9xxx or 6xxx system is going to have nearly as much fun with it as someone with a next gen card."

I think thats been true for quite awhile, But If I can play at 640x480 on medium to low settings ill still be happy. And I doubt a direct X 10 card is going to become a minimum requirement overnight. Maybe in a year or so, Remember the slow adoption of Direct X 9 and Direct X 8 cards? Especially when in use with a game? The Geforce 4 MX 440 Could even play games like Half Life 2, The Radeon 9200, Kept hanging in they're for ages!
Haha.

/me sees Pemalite playing Crysis 2 in 2010 on mobile 9700 at 320 by 240.

Pemalite said:
Theres still a slight improvement, and because of the slow Hard Drives featured in laptops the benefit should show more for me. Even with 1gb of ram. (Upgrading to 2Gb shortly!)
Aye, that .1% increase is worth it :p.

Pemalite said:
If I cant play it, Then It looks like it may be time for a new lappy.
Excellent excuse as any, eh? I may have to do the same thing ;).

Best answers
/me sees Pemalite playing Crysis 2 in 2010 on mobile 9700 at 320 by 240.
:laff: Haha,

Anyway dude, instead of buying a new laptop, just buy a friken DESKTOP!!!!

No Laptop will be able to do Cryis maxed out.....Although Intel put C2D on to laptops, they have been severly underclocked, so why bother? Just get a C2D E6400 and rock out with your **** out.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Because I take my laptop to allot of friends places and trade files etc. Do some gaming, or watch a movie or something on a long trip, (I have a car charger).
Even though my car has a DVD head unit... It wont play back DivX or Xvid.
Besides I have a desktop, It hardly gets used though, Usually only if I have a friend over from Adelaide or something, we do some network gaming.
And it sure as hell beats Lugging my Thermaltake Xaser 2, Athlon XP system around >.> That thing weighs a ton! Plus its also energy efficient. And when the power goes out, (Happens often enough down here) I can still game, While everyone is lost and bored :)
And I also Lugg it from different rooms in the house or outside even, For instance, On a nice cool night after a stinking hot day, nothing beats sitting outside on the grass, Playing StarCraft, With a bundy and coke. (Alcoholic).

I usually have it sitting in the lounge room on a desk connected to my ADSL,
But every night I take it into my bedroom, lie in bed and watch a movie, or Sit on you tube by bludging off next door's wireless. (Its not illegal I asked for they're permission, And its payment for keeping they're computers running nicely).

I would never trade a desktop for mah laptop.
You also have to understand laptops can be over clocked as well ;)
I will nevah play a game, Unless its at least 800x600.
If I am able to play Oblivion (The most demanding game for PC currently I think) then I'm sure I have a decent chance of getting crysis to run with some heavy tweaking of Vista.

Besides I'm waiting for the game "Spore" Anyone played Evo for Snes back in the day? Think of it as an enhanced version of that :D
And I think the Crysis engine will be optimized considerably if FarCry was anything to go by.

If not I'm going to the bank to get another loan to get another laptop to last me for the next few years.

Oh and by the way the Core 2 Series of processors is based upon the Pentium M ^.^
Besides any Core 2 processor should be able to handle any game currently rather easily, My Pentium M 2.0Ghz single core can. (Rated as a 3Ghz Processor according to vista).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad I recently upgraded to a nicer rig so I can play Crysis and such at decent settings.

Nano Muscle Suit, here I come! o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom