Crysis: You Don't Need a New Rig

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet monkey Christ. That's insane.

Best answers
its just as expected.:]

and another point for german programers!:yes:

german economics not ftw! :no:

too bad the german version of crysis is going to be so f*cking cutted or maybe completly censored.like they did with far cry...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget about Vista. That's only possible because Vista is running games 6 or 7 times better than XP.

Best answers
Don't forget about Vista. That's only possible because Vista is running games 6 or 7 times better than XP.
Heh, that hasn't been shown to be true in anything yet. Besides, that claim's only applicable (i.e. said to be) for DX10, and even that hasn't been shown to be true yet. I'd say Crysis's great performance is from non-lazy developers.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll see. You'll all see.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its just as expected.:]
and another point for german programmers!:yes:
damn right ... germany > all :D

however, 8800gtx isn't exactly mid end these days I'd say.
and ... you cant tell for sure yet anyway.

Personally I'll need a new rig for sure :(

Best answers
damn right ... germany > all :D

however, 8800gtx isn't exactly mid end these days I'd say.
and ... you cant tell for sure yet anyway.

Personally I'll need a new rig for sure :(
There was another interview somewhere saying that they were running it maxed out on a 7800GTX (on DX9). They didn't say the resolution, though.
Interview said:
Vinnie: What kind of computers are being used at Crytek?
Michael: Man, everyone has a different machine here. I don’t even know the specs of my machine. I honestly have no idea. Well I've got an NVIDIA 7800GTX, I know that much.

Vinnie: haha, same card as me.
Michael: So, you will enjoy Crysis :)

Vinnie: You really think so?
Michael: Well it runs here, and there is no amazing secret hardware or software I have :)

Vinnie: So you think my pc will run Crysis fine. Maxed out at 1024x768?
Michael: I think so

Vinnie: So Crysis runs fine for you? At the highest details?
Michael: Sure, but it’s not even optimized yet :)
http://crysis-online.com/Articles/vinnie-talks-to-michael-khaimzon.php

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Smith and his ability to keep posting without having to wait: I....don't know where that's from so....

"By the glory of the Nix, the light will shine through this fog that goes by the name of ignorance, and the truth will be revealed to you!"

Whether Vista helps or not, I'm just happy I can play Crysis. I wasn't planning on upgrading ever.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You complain you don't want to play Supreme Commander because your computer won't handle it, but you're looking forward to Crysis?

Anyway, I'll believe that Vista will have any improvement in game performance when it's all said and done. As for now, I'll remain skeptical

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said that so you'd stop asking me to play with you.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's even better good news. I don't need Vista to play Quake Wars.
I have a 200 mhz processor. I can't =/.

Best answers
Sounds good, but the 8800GTX has the Unified Shader Architecure, until I get some benchmarks of it running on a 7600GT then I'll assume that upgradeing is manditory.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
*Grabs the tweaks out* Right! Time to push my 64Mb Mobility Radeon to the next level of games! This is great news :) It took me ages, to tweak oblivion to run flawlessly on my system, And now the chance has arisen again with Crysis!
That 4Gb Flash drive for vista is looking quite good at the moment... (Readyboost here I come!).
*Giggles like a gurl* (I'm not one btw).

Best answers
*Grabs the tweaks out* Right! Time to push my 64Mb Mobility Radeon to the next level of games! This is great news :) It took me ages, to tweak oblivion to run flawlessly on my system, And now the chance has arisen again with Crysis!
That 4Gb Flash drive for vista is looking quite good at the moment... (Readyboost here I come!).
*Giggles like a gurl* (I'm not one btw).
YOu got the Old Oblivian mod to run it I'll bet.

ANyway, is your card even DX9? The specs say you need a DX9 card to run it, how's that garbage going to suffice?(no offence, I'm on a 32MB card right now)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technology's gettin' so good it's scary. O_O That game... looks... awesome. My PC should be able to handle it, I may need to get some more RAM, though.

EDIT: Oh you know, it seems like they're overdoing it with the lighting--it's causing very rough and light edges. Some areas look like cut & paste messes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its a Mobility 9700Pro 64Mb card, And it is indeed full direct X 9.0.
And no, I didn't need oldOblivion to run it. I did try it out though, But to me, It seemed as if I lost image quality and didn't gain all that much speed.
With Neverwinter Nights 2, I had to trick Windows into thinking the card was actually 128Mb card. (Godda' Luff the registry!)

Best answers
It's good to be optimistic, it's bad to be blind with hope.
Pemalite said:
Heh, that is a cool little feature, but if you have a gig of RAM, it's pointless :(.
Revitalized Prince said:
Technology's gettin' so good it's scary. O_O That game... looks... awesome. My PC should be able to handle it, I may need to get some more RAM, though.
Indeed! I can't wait for when we're looking back on it in like 5 years saying how crappy it looks, heh. Just like with Doom, then Quake, then Quake 3, then Doom 3... haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom