When i go to create game it does this:

Could not get IPX socket name, IPX disabled
reason: WSAENOTSOCK

Biuild server
server
missing bitmap font:gfx\vgai\fonts\800_melee text.tga

help me plz

Best answers
Do you get in the game but the console has those messages? If you do they are nothing the game is fine it just displays those for some bizzare reason :S

Best answers
it aint fine because after it displays the last one the game crashes and it comes up with something saying an error has occured with the hl.exe and it needs to close

If i look in the technical details it mentions a appcombat file involved or something like that

Best answers
If it keeps getting errors try downloading it again... Worked for some people :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the wsanne socket error is not so big , it werks fine for me , reinstall hl and both esf (and i mean uninstall , not just going to a folder & deleting it

Best answers
missing bitmap font:gfx\vgai\fonts\800_melee text.tga
Thats the reason it crashes, even when i reinstall it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can tell you now , it happens to a lot of people (those errors) and theres still works fine , mine doesn't crash after that , it's probably a corrupted dll file or a dodgie installer , try setting it up on esai or steam , it may also be helpful to go look at what version of hl you have if ur still gonna run it under won , get the latest hl update from hlfiles or something

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
it may also be helpful to go look at what version of hl you have if ur still gonna run it under won , get the latest hl update from hlfiles or something
On that note, I do hope you're not trying to run this mod in WON. It was coded specifically for Steam. If you ARE trying to run ESF from WON, that may be where your problem is coming from.

If you are using Steam, then I'd try reinstalling once more. If that doesn't help, try searching around here for a similar problem. Perhaps someone came in with a similar problem and got it solved...it's worth a gander, I think.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can still run 1.2.3 on won fine! that's my evm setup , my esai setup just being normal esf

Best answers
ok well basicly i tried to reinstall this game on another computer and exacly the same thing happened with it this time, What does that mean, is it something wrong with my copy of HL ??????????

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , i would say so , go use the disc replacement stuff that vivendi/steam/valve offer (one of em , thou steam is valve practically)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom