Crazy modelpack idea... yet fun?

Best answers
I didnt see the poll either.

The Worms in Worms armaggedon have facial expressions (well, most of their expression is in their eyes)

One of the major things I used to find appealing about worms was the characters had a little personality, they weren't just stoic little soldiers waiting to die.

I cant help but feel you've flushed half the appeal.

Best answers
EXACTLY, YOU FINALLY UNDERSTOOD!! THE EXPRESSIONS AREN'T GONNA BE MADE IN THE MOUTH, THAT'S ALL.

No one said their eyebrows wouldn't move, for example.

You're now trying to take a huge dump on my ideas without knowing what's coming, aren't you? If we discussed everything in the forum, wouldn't anyone feel disappointed if only that "everything" was involved? Don't make me spoil everything just so you could stop calling me dumb and judging my actions.

By the way, yes, actions can be judged in this forum, but if anyone's gonna judge my actions in a project that's discussed in a forum, I'm afraid I can't accept that.

Best answers
By the way, yes, actions can be judged in this forum, but if anyone's gonna judge my actions in a project that's discussed in a forum, I'm afraid I can't accept that.
well that sentence is mega unlogic, dunno if you spoted it.
you'r saying that your actions can be judged, and in another line you say that your actions cant be judged.
but i must disapoint you, if you will post a opinion, make a thread, or show art on a public forum ,
you must take under consideration that peoples will judge/crit/ disagree with that. like it or not, this is how it goes...

Best answers
He judges without knowing what's coming, as I said before. And if he's judging/criticizing/whatever, can't he do it constructively? Instead of calling my decisions dumb?

"You should do this instead of that IMO" is what I can accept.

But "your actions are dumb" is something that I just can't accept. There's a difference.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Whoever said your actions are dumb? I don't know if anyone put it that bluntly, they just don't agree with some of the decisions you have made. But of course they were yours to make. I'm interested to see the level of emotional depth you can archive with eyebrow movement on a face that is always smiling. I think the reason the original worms could show some expression was because you never really saw any teeth, or even a smile, they were just worms....still I'm interested to see what you planned and how it can top eyebrow + eye + mouth movement and the expressions you can achive from it that way.

Best answers
Stop taking things so personally.

I've stated my opinion, I said I "thought it was dumb" that you turned down some help, it was in no way an insult, so if you were going to get angry about that you should have done it 12 posts ago.

I've stated what I thought would be a better alternative, which means I wasnt just criticizing without trying to atleast suggest something.

To me it looks like you cant take any criticism regardless of weather its constructive or not, without taking it personally.

Best answers
He judges without knowing what's coming, as I said before.
he has the right to judge without having a more detailed info about your plans, but he is clearly stating to the fact's and future plans you already reviled.

And if he's judging/criticizing/whatever, can't he do it constructively? Instead of calling my decisions dumb?
"You should do this instead of that IMO" is what I can accept.
But "your actions are dumb" is something that I just can't accept. There's a difference.
He clearly explained what benefits you gain, adding all the facial feutures.
he also explained what you loose by refusing dbzhell work, i think it was clear enaugh ; ). And not only mountain dev advised you about the facial benefits.
Clipseh also advised you in the same way. So you cant realy tell that , you didint recived constructive criticism.

They are just frustrated about the fact, that your are going in a totaly diferent way. of course you have the right to disagree and go on your own, but if you are posting your progress on a forum, be prepared that peoples will post ( sometimes harsh ) comments.

I wish you luck with the project, and if you want tips...try considering those facial add's and never refuse help.

Best answers
Thanks for the support nataku.

meh... they're doing so-so... x.x no news from shadowcast yet... pm time I guess. :eek: And Tiger didn't get his internet back up, he said it'd be up by wednesday.

Haven't found a skinner yet, and wheres really doesn't seem interested. Anyone care to fill the slot? And yeah, yeah, more than one is allowed. 2 is more than enough I guess.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this guy and this conversation reminds me quite a bit of myself when I tried doing my J-Dude model and began having it criticized. I overreacted and got ultra-defensive as well. Nothing really to add here, but I always prefer having the last word. Personally I don't get the worms business. It seems like an aweful lot of bother for a quick laugh, unless you intend to do something funny for all the animations. I'm curious to see what the swoops like like with these models. One doesn't see boneless invertebrates zooming through the air very often, unless you happen to host Fear Factor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this guy and this conversation reminds me quite a bit of myself when I tried doing my J-Dude model and began having it criticized. I overreacted and got ultra-defensive as well. Nothing really to add here, but I always prefer having the last word. Personally I don't get the worms business. It seems like an aweful lot of bother for a quick laugh, unless you intend to do something funny for all the animations. I'm curious to see what the swoops like like with these models. One doesn't see boneless invertebrates zooming through the air very often, unless you happen to host Fear Factor.
you make them feel good with your comments.
There was no need for this comment at all... i keep my mouth shut because i know i wont be able to say something really helpful, so should you aswell.

Let them do this project, its not important what will come out this time, its important to get this done. Esf alpha times where back then Crap aswell... now it got build up so well that it has a strong community.

Best answers
The Worm's mouth won't open but who says it's not gonna be animatable ;).
When I rigged the model I rigged the mouth too XD so don't argue anymore and wish me luck in skinning it couse if I do it's gonna be my first skin :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom