Crazy modelpack idea... yet fun?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
1818 is a bit much for that simple character. He could've achieved the same results (maybe better if he made the hands more detailed) with less polies. And this doesn't even have any of the added things (hair, limbs, etc). =/

Best answers
Yup, I guess you're right.

That's why I did a little something with the model... I managed to remove almost 300 "unnecessary" polys by merging vertices on his body. The rest, tho, (head and hands) I dare not touch...

I'll talk to Tiger about this.

The current polycount is 1552.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
thats still about 1000 too many

look, 2 minutes job

thats more like it. You dont need an uber high polycount since you wont notice ingame anyway

Best answers
I get your point, but if we use too few polygons, it'll be troublesome when we start animating the worm. The deformation of the angles just won't look good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tiger you forgot to give me the link to the model (via yahoo) , also I belive the one made by DJ Ready is great and also it can be animated easaly and no bugs will show up

Best answers
>_> I sent you it.
Anyway here's another remade one 10 min of work if you guys don't like this one then I'm sorry for the time I wasted but I quit:

782 Polyes OMG ^^.
I made those hands myself if you guys don't like it you can modify them or make new ones. They only have 3 fingers.
I sent the model to Andy by PM.
BTW the model is happy I hope you guys are XD
I can't come about 7 days on the net couse my net is closed for some changings. For the ones that wan't to know I'm at a net cafe now >_>.

Best answers
Small update :D
Thanks, man. I really appreciate your will to help us out here. But TigerGeo's worm was going to be used to make a Krillin and I wouldn't like (and I'm sure he wouldn't either) to change that plan all of the sudden.

Again:

THE WORMS CELL, PICCOLO, BUU AND FRIEZA WILL BE MADE BY SHADOWCAST.

THE WORM FOR ALL OTHER CHARACTERS HAS BEEN MADE BY TIGERGEO.

If you still want to help out, you should volunteer for making hairstyles for the characters tigergeo's worm was for. And since I don't see Where's_Warren too interested (already PM-ed him with the finished worm and he hasn't replied), MAYBE there's a spot for you as a skinner but I can't say for now.

But please, STOP making worms, that is as good as done. Their add-ons are still pending tho, so you're welcome to aid us in that area.;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, man. I really appreciate your will to help us out here. But TigerGeo's worm was going to be used to make a Krillin and I wouldn't like (and I'm sure he wouldn't either) to change that plan all of the sudden.

nothing agaisnt you, but i think you're wrong.
just accept his krillin, also he does most work fast n easy. im sure he could do everything on his own. so accept everything what will be done and just make a list what is still missing.

iotherwise you will get hardly better.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's verry Funny model pack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just accept his krillin, also he does most work fast n easy. im sure he could do everything on his own. so accept everything what will be done and just make a list what is still missing.

seconded...

Best answers

Again:

THE WORMS CELL, PICCOLO, BUU AND FRIEZA WILL BE MADE BY SHADOWCAST.

THE WORM FOR ALL OTHER CHARACTERS HAS BEEN MADE BY TIGERGEO.

If you still want to help out, you should volunteer for making hairstyles for the characters tigergeo's worm was for. And since I don't see Where's_Warren too interested (already PM-ed him with the finished worm and he hasn't replied), MAYBE there's a spot for you as a skinner but I can't say for now.

But please, STOP making worms, that is as good as done. Their add-ons are still pending tho, so you're welcome to aid us in that area.;)
I wont stop making worms but i wont show them in this topic :p ...
:\ And i would not like to be a skiner... I like skining only my work... And i thought you want better results no matter from who...
we'll see who's better. XD :D ;D

Best answers

I believe we already made a poll for that you could just look on the forums.

BTW Thanx Andy ;)

Best answers
Sigh... ok... this is giving me a headache... it HURTS to refuse a fast and smooth work like that.. I don't know, I'll have to think about it.

And BTW it's not about who's better at this and that, it's about who's job it really is. Suppose an experienced animator sends an animation to the ESF team "LEWK! LEWK!", isn't that darktooth's job? YES! Would he get offended by that? ABSOLUTELY!

I won't allow this, UNLESS it's okay with Tigergeo! But only the Krillin Worm model, and that's it!

Just in case, make the worm smile and get rid of the teeth and tongue, we won't make the mouths animatable.

(According to the Poll Results, "For the worms modelpack...")

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFG guys, this should be a community project, so what if someone did a worm, if the model is good it should be included.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And BTW it's not about who's better at this and that, it's about who's job it really is. Suppose an experienced animator sends an animation to the ESF team "LEWK! LEWK!", isn't that darktooth's job? YES! Would he get offended by that? ABSOLUTELY!
Well, I don't know Darktooth very well, so I'm not sure how he'd really react. However, if it was me that was animating for the ESF team and someone came to help me out, I'd gladly accept it. Its less work for the current animator plus you still get quality stuff.

The Krillin worm would probably be easy to make out of the base one, but the skin might not be as good as DBZHell's. I'm just saying, why not accept the quality work that was already made instead of getting something that isn't guaranteed to be amazing? Oh well, all my opinion. I'm not really interested in this Worms pack anyhow.. no offense to you Andy. =P Keep up the good work though! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom