💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Terrain destruction won't be in the game

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can u show me a picture where there are let's say 10 or more of these huge craters in one map ?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've been told already that there will be no terrain destruction in ESFF. What's your problem?

And Deverz, you made a typo in his signature.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Max amount of craters that Ultimate Tenkaichi allows differs per stage. I think 2 of them allow 5 others are 3 and some don't have them at all. And the stages that allow 5 only have 2 'beam' craters like that. If you use a beam after that, it's just the same as a ball attack, then you have the 'ki blast volly' attacks that have their own style crater, which only 1 is allowed per stage that has damage effects. So their system for terrain destruction is odd.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Whay ?? is impossible.:(

--- edit ---

Whay ?? is impossible.:(

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Because in Ulitmate Tenkaichi...when you do a beam attack the attackers and defenders positions are fixed from what i saw...that way you can "precompute" several destructible parts of the map, as macdaddy said. But ESF is free in movement and doesn't use such hardscripted sequences, thus we can't know where a crater should be precomputed. That would mean do complete dynamic destruction wich is out of question.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe we had a conversation on this in a topic before. What could be done was the whole thing like in the Tekken Series. A decal of types that show up on the map. I believe they have already been added though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
It is too difficult whether too little time?.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is too difficult whether too little time?.
How many games have you seen with fully destructible terrain? How many MO(multiplayer online) games have you seen with fully destructible terrain?

The only way I can see destructible terrain being made, is if you script it to become destroyed if something specific happens. (for example in Skyrim if Dragon crashes on terrain he creates a temporary crater, but in some places that crater can look pretty odd, and even the dragon has to crash in specific locations that are as flat as possible) Esf being a game that has very little scripted stuff, crashing in certain places or shooting beam at specific location not being one of them and not being very specific.... yea FAT chance.
I doubt the engine could even handle that in the first place. I myself am still surprised cracks appear when you crash in the ground and that the trees move when something explodes near them.

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That take someone and pull them across the ground could be a cool after effect with a temporary crater.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That take someone and pull them across the ground could be a cool after effect with a temporary crater.
You mean the smash grab, maybe, but can you script the entire terrain to do that? Or do I have to smash grab somebody in a certain location for the animation to actually work, unless you somehow put the animation on the characters themselves, gargh my brain hurts, must stop thinking about this.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Red Faction 1+2
You can destroy buildings, caves, don't remember the ground itself.

I think there was also another one that appeared last year or so R.F. Red Armaggedon or something like that.

Don't remember them being MO's though...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
sTrees are moving;???I overlooked but there are cracks on the earth??.

Best answers
its a yes and NO they could do something like that but i think its gonna lag as hell.........and it would be a lot of work
when they divide the map into really small pieces and make them all destructable:p but that is a hell of work...one m² would have to be made from like 300 pieces and all would be needed to be skinned...and it sure will lag.....but if u fire a kamehame ha in a random direction that would somehow look like in the picture above. but the area will be just removed...no rocks will be lifted up or something. and they would have to add a fly by damage. that would be a good idea anyway! because now the beam only damages what gets hit by it....in show they also got damaged by beams which flew by!
dont know really how bad it would lag........maybe gonna do a map like that later to see how and if ^^

other possibility is to rewrite the engine(sure not gonna happen) or maybe they find some other way......would nice but i dont bet on that....

in budkai there is a lot destroyable indead.....but everytime only the same....there is a rock which gets splitted there is a ground where the hole is prepared....its not like fire your beam and there is exactly that part destroyed

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You do realize this is from june?

Best answers
already august?^^ well i am not the fastest writer u know:p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said before. Use the Tekken style of craters where it places a decal where they hit and it disappears after a certain ammount are created.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
As I said before. Use the Tekken style of craters where it places a decal where they hit and it disappears after a certain ammount are created.
I believe that was my thread and I suggested using something on the lines of the Soul Calibur decal craters...I can't remember what the final word was on that actually...

Here it is: http://forum.esforces.com/threads/80009-Fading-destruction-animation?highlight=soul+calibur

Offtopic...OH..MY..F..GOD. A whole year has passed since I posted that! I can barely believe it....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom